Dan McDonald's activity
From 2022-03-15 to 2022-04-13
- 07:49 PM illumos gate Feature #14631 (New): Return ENOTEMPTY to its rightful places
- Apparently, System V didn't have ENOTEMPTY, so when Solaris-2/SunOS-5 happened, it disappeared.
Linux, BSDs, and e...
- 04:03 PM illumos gate Bug #14619: Race between udp_activate() and conn_get_socket_info()
- Testing from the bug reporter(s) indicates that the fix does not induce the panic (though the race is really tight).
- 02:44 PM illumos gate Bug #13230: i40e has duplicate traffic when used with bhyve/snoop running
- A quick update.
1.) Apparently the Linux driver enables promiscuous mode using SET_DEFAULT_VSI and disabling via U...
- 06:55 PM illumos gate Bug #14619: Race between udp_activate() and conn_get_socket_info()
- Andy Fiddaman wrote:
> It's likely this pair of assignments should be wrapped in a lock on connp->conn_lo...
- 09:05 PM illumos gate Bug #14597: i40e debug code prints MAC addresses oddly
- Electric Monk wrote in #note-4:
> "git commit 6158afa44672def05b584840435f36f75f5a291f":https://github.com/illumos/i...
- 01:06 AM illumos gate Feature #14601: want 3-argument string comparison assertions
- > What would you expect here? What would you want?
I had no idea what to expect here, but your implementation deta...
- 12:12 AM illumos gate Feature #14601: want 3-argument string comparison assertions
- What if some grinning weirdo expects, for example:...
- 12:55 AM illumos gate Bug #14597: i40e debug code prints MAC addresses oddly
- I also wrote a toy C program to compare %2x vs. %02x. I have this actual i40e fix running (along with WIP 13230) on ...
- 03:17 PM illumos gate Bug #14597: i40e debug code prints MAC addresses oddly
- I haven't formally tested a fixed i40e yet because inducing filter-errors is annoying. I do know ixgbe(4D) and cxgbe(...
- 03:07 PM illumos gate Bug #14597 (Closed): i40e debug code prints MAC addresses oddly
- I saw an error of this form in my messages:...
- 01:41 AM illumos gate Bug #14592 (Closed): pwait(1) should never wait on its own PID
- Related to #11828 , this issue tracks the bad behavior that inspired 11828.
The pid of pwait(1) itself should NEVE...
- 01:37 AM illumos gate Feature #11828: pwait(1) should have feature to avoid its own ptree
- I am splitting this bug into two. This bug will remain as-is, and the new bug will focus on the more-of-a-bugfix not...
- 08:03 PM illumos gate Bug #14582: lstat in Ubuntu 20.04 LX zones reporting incorrect values
- 08:02 PM illumos gate Bug #14582 (Closed): lstat in Ubuntu 20.04 LX zones reporting incorrect values
- I will file this in SmartOS, as LX is not in illumos-gate, only in two downstreams (SmartOS and OmniOS).
Also see ...
- 04:24 PM illumos gate Bug #14076: OI: Ipfilter firewall table rules won't load at startup
- Adrian Kieß wrote in #note-5:
> Hello Dan,
> in the meantime I reinstalled my OpenIndiana VM, but the problem p...
Also available in: Atom