potential workgroup share problem on oi_148 upgrade
just to signal a potential upgrade problem, we've been running an oi_148 server with a smb share (ZFS) for quite a while... with a non-default workgroup name (that is, not "WORKGROUP").. the share was for backing up a number of windows files for archival.
Having noticed an improvement after image-updating to the latest (2011-03-21) b148 update,
I upgraded the server about a month ago but yesterday a user mentioned that it's been a couple of weeks since she could access the share.
the smb/server service was running just fine, and there were no messages in /var/adm/messages... I tried smbadm join -w <workgroup-name> and everything came right back.
I believe smbadm list showed the correct workgroup name prior to issuing the join command.
I'm filing this anomaly to provide a use case which could be added to the release checkout tests regarding upgrades.
Unfortunately I'm not in a position to recreate the problem as I didn't keep the previous boot environment (before upgrading) very long.
Updated by Julian Wiesener about 11 years ago
- Status changed from New to Rejected
- Assignee set to Julian Wiesener
- Tags changed from needs-triage to smb
We need to isolate the problem to be able to fix it. Since you cannot reproduce the problem, nor do we have a detailed description, we can't solve it.