Add support for SMBIOS 3.2
SMBIOS 3.2 has come out. We should update libsmbios and add support for it.
Updated by Robert Mustacchi 8 months ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
The following testing notes cover a wide variety of issues including 10396, 10397, 10398, 10399, 10400. Regression tested the following systems with the following SMBIOS versions:
- SMCI AMD EPYC based platform with SMBIOS 3.1, only the decoded device/function changed
- SMCI Haswell E3 (single socket) with SMBIOS 2.7, only the decoded device/function changed
- SMCI Ivy Bridge E3 (Single socket) with SMBIOS
On SMCI Skylake systems a number of things changed:
- The SMBIOS 3 entry point is now used
- The BIOS ROM size was corrected
- The PCI device/functions are correctly displayed (10398/10400) and the decoding has been updated
- The CPU cache size (10399) when using SMBIOS 3.x is now correct.
Finally, I ran the util tests test suite. The new SMBIOS and libjedec tests passed.
Updated by Electric Monk 3 months ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
commit 1566bc3431383e39ac9bc7fb7f00feff9c06acda Author: Robert Mustacchi <email@example.com> Date: 2019-07-09T13:33:41.000Z 10395 Add support for SMBIOS 3.2 10396 Want libjedec 10397 Check for SMBIOS table with higher version 10398 smbios slot version check is broken for smbios 3.x 10399 smbios CPU Cache extended size not correctly calculated 10400 smbios(1M) slot printing could be clearer Reviewed by: Jerry Jelinek <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Jordan Hendricks <email@example.com> Reviewed by: C Fraire <firstname.lastname@example.org> Approved by: Richard Lowe <email@example.com>