Add support for SMBIOS 3.2
SMBIOS 3.2 has come out. We should update libsmbios and add support for it.
Updated by Robert Mustacchi 4 months ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
The following testing notes cover a wide variety of issues including 10396, 10397, 10398, 10399, 10400. Regression tested the following systems with the following SMBIOS versions:
- SMCI AMD EPYC based platform with SMBIOS 3.1, only the decoded device/function changed
- SMCI Haswell E3 (single socket) with SMBIOS 2.7, only the decoded device/function changed
- SMCI Ivy Bridge E3 (Single socket) with SMBIOS
On SMCI Skylake systems a number of things changed:
- The SMBIOS 3 entry point is now used
- The BIOS ROM size was corrected
- The PCI device/functions are correctly displayed (10398/10400) and the decoding has been updated
- The CPU cache size (10399) when using SMBIOS 3.x is now correct.
Finally, I ran the util tests test suite. The new SMBIOS and libjedec tests passed.