would like a way to set NMI behavior at boot
Updated by John Levon about 3 years ago
Currently, if we want to set apic_kmdb_on_nmi semi-permanently, it's a little tedious. Your options are:
1. add a boot module that has a system.d fragment that sets apic`apic_kmdb_on_nmi (untested)
2. modify your kernel source (what most people do)
3. in the boot-time kmdb, ::bp apic`_init, then set the flag
All these options are pretty tedious. Instead, let's have a boot setting "kmdb_on_nmi" that you can drop into your boot loader easily.
We'll keep around apic_kmdb_on_nmi as well, as it has a long history and is written up in a bunch of places.
Updated by Electric Monk about 3 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
commit 0c26abfe36e56b0d0ca74a046c85dc41f76d1d59 Author: John Levon <email@example.com> Date: 2019-04-04T05:37:38.000Z 10597 would like a way to set NMI behavior at boot Reviewed by: Robert Mustacchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Andy Fiddaman <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Patrick Mooney <firstname.lastname@example.org> Approved by: Richard Lowe <email@example.com>