Want rdesktop with GSS-API and TLS v1.3
I use openindiana/hipster daily as core OS, and have been using rdesktop against some terminal-servers to do work on window-machines.
Lately it has become more common to deny connections not supporting credSSP and TLSv3 (1,3?)
Therefore - I wish openindiana/hipster could switch from rdesktop, to xfreerdp or remmina, using "libgssglue".
Updated by Espen Martinsen 27 days ago
I rtied that but the WTS I'm need to access will just accept TLSv1.3 if I understand it correctly. My solution is VIrtualbox w/debian stretch + xfreerdp/remmina. Works for now.
It might get in there if/when openSSL1.1 or higher and rdesktop 1.8.4+ is coming. I can wait!
Updated by Michal Nowak 3 days ago
- Subject changed from I wish openindiana/hipser will support a modern "rdesktop" to Want rdesktop with GSS-API and TLS v1.3
- Category set to OI-Userland
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Michal Nowak
- Target version set to Hipster
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Tags deleted (
Espen, for this request to be satisfied
rdesktop needs to be updated to the development/master branch, and thus warrants more testing that usual.
Here's the proposed PR: https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/pull/5025.
Can you build it yourself and test Kerberos and TLS with VirtualBox and Windows?