Add DDI support for Upgradable Firmware Modules
This ticket covers porting the DDI UFM (Upgradeable Firmware Modules) subsystem from illumos-joyent to upstream.
For background, please refer to the section "UFM Visibility" in RFD 89:
- extensions the Device Driver Interface (DDI) so that drivers have a standard mechanism for reporting firmware information.
- modifications to the mptsas and i40e drivers to leverage the new driver interfaces
- addition of a pseudo driver (ufmtest) to facilitate automated testing
- addition of a set of automated tests
- addition of manpages to describe the DDI UFM interfaces and the ufm(7d) driver and its ioctl interface
A separate ticket will be filed to cover userland changes to extend libtopo such that UFM information can be exposed in the topology.
Updated by Rob Johnston about 1 year ago
Please see the detailed testing notes from the original SmartOS integration, detailed here:
Additionally, , I onu'd the changes onto and OpenIndiana VM and booted into that BE. Then I installed system/test/os-test package and ran the ddi-ufm tests. I also manually inspected the rendered man pages.
Updated by Electric Monk about 1 year ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
commit 508a0e8cf1600b06c1f7361ad76e736710d3fdf8 Author: Rob Johnston <email@example.com> Date: 2019-07-26T16:34:02.000Z 11257 Add DDI support for Upgradable Firmware Modules 11258 Add libtopo support for Upgradable Firmware Modules Reviewed by: Robert Mustacchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Patrick Mooney <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Toomas Soome <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Yuri Pankov <email@example.com> Approved by: Richard Lowe <firstname.lastname@example.org>