Want PCIe dcmds and walkers
driver - device drivers
It would be useful to have an mdb walker that knew how to iterate over the various pcie_bus_t structures in the kernel. This will make it easier to inspect and debug state in the system.
To test this, I did the following:
- Ran ::walk devinfo | ::devinfo -d.
- Ran ::prtconf -d igb | ::devinfo -d | ::print igb_t and verified that the structures were correct.
- Ran ::walk pcie_bus and verified that I saw most of the structures that I expected.
- Ran *pcieb_state::walk softstate | ::print pcieb_devstate_t pcieb_dip | ::devinfo -b pcie | ::print pcie_bus_t bus_sup_speed and verified that the data was correct and that we had reasonable pcie_bus_t structures.
- Verified that ::devinfo -b and ::devinfo -d didn't work with other arguments.
- Verified that combination of ::devinfo -q and ::devinfo -s worked as they did previously.
- Verified that passing an address to the pcie_bus walker failed (it only supports global walks)
Updated by Electric Monk about 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
commit e386d4dde2e66dfdb5d0ac143d970d0a77af2786 Author: Robert Mustacchi <email@example.com> Date: 2019-08-19T17:40:33.000Z 11372 Want PCIe dcmds and walkers Reviewed by: Jon Anderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Rob Johnston <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Toomas Soome <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Paul Winder <Paul.Winder@wdc.com> Approved by: Richard Lowe <email@example.com>