should handle locale charmap aliases
Linux seems to name locales FOO.utf8 were we use FOO.UTF-8. We should deliver compat links or the like, for code that deals in names rather than just taking the one from the environment, and for anything passing locale names across the network.
Garrett was there a reason you didn't do this? I have this nagging memory of there being one
Updated by Yuri Pankov 5 days ago
- Subject changed from Should deliver FOO.utf8 locale compat links to should handle locale charmap aliases
- Category changed from locale - data and messages to lib - userland libraries
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Yuri Pankov
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Difficulty changed from Medium to Bite-size
Let's try implementing this in libc instead of symlinking.