ZFS time-slider and auto-snapshots not working due to missing zfssnap-roleadd SMF service
On a system updated from b134 to oi_151, the auto-snapshot services and the time-slider services do not run because of a misssing SMF dependency:
svc:/system/filesystem/zfs/auto-snapshot:weekly (ZFS automatic snapshots) State: offline since Mon Jul 4 14:43:16 2011 Reason: Dependency svc:/system/filesystem/zfssnap-roleadd is absent. See: http://sun.com/msg/SMF-8000-E2 Impact: This service is not running.
This could be related to https://www.illumos.org/issues/235.
Updated by Albert Lee over 8 years ago
- Priority changed from High to Normal
- Tags deleted (
That service hasn't existed for a while, and neither has the dependency.
[trisk@kirin]% svcs -d svc:/system/filesystem/zfs/auto-snapshot:weekly ~
STATE STIME FMRI
disabled Sep_12 svc:/application/time-slider:default
SMF may not be deleting stale properties or services properly. Reimporting the service should help.
Updated by Ken Mays over 7 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee changed from Albert Lee to Ken Mays
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
I checked against: https://www.illumos.org/issues/235
- upgrade to oi_151a7
- pfexec pkg uninstall time-slider 0.2.97
- pfexec pkg install time-slider 0.2.101 (avail upstream)
- restart manifest-import service
- enable time-slider service
- enable snapshot services
- reboot (just to make sure things are working)