Intel ixgbe X553 Support
We should update the common code for ixgbe(7D) and add support for the X553 controller family which uses the MAC named the 'X550EM_a' family of MACs.
Updated by Robert Mustacchi almost 4 years ago
To test this various folks in the community helped out:
- Ryan Zezeski did basic regression testing of the X540 in situations that used link aggregations and vnics.
- John Levon did basic regression testing of the X520.
- The user, Ronan, who first brought up the X553 family on the list mentioned the following:
I just finished my tests in jumbo frames and all is working well. I didn't get any crashes or network disconnections after several TB of data transferred. I didn't had any problem with specific settings such as modified interrupt throttling or rx/tx specific ring size, neither with custom tcp buffers.
Updated by Electric Monk almost 4 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 50 to 100
commit 48ed61a721b0db9229d5bad4d87f5b019867fbf1 Author: Robert Mustacchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2019-11-15T09:55:17.000Z 11879 Intel ixgbe X553 Support Reviewed by: Paul Winder <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Ryan Zezeski <firstname.lastname@example.org> Approved by: Dan McDonald <email@example.com>