Project

General

Profile

Bug #11896

Publish errors for osol/ddu on SPARC

Added by Gary Mills about 1 year ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
OI-Userland
Target version:
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:
Medium
Tags:
sparc

Description

The OI source is from 2018. Consequently, there may be a new version of the source, or some of the bugs may have already been fixed. Though the changes have been developed on SPARC hardware, they might correct bugs in some x86 packages. In any case, they should not damage other x86 packages.

During the publish step in osol/ddu, I received the following error:

.../oi-userland/components/osol/ddu/build/manifest-sparc-ddu.depend has unresolved dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD pkg.debug.depend.file=usr/bin/yelp'.

I built osol/ddu for a text-only system, but publish showed a dependency on a graphic help viewer. The solution is to append variant.arch=i386 to unwanted dependancies. The patch ddu.diff corrects the manifest for this problem. I also received this publish error:

.../oi-userland/components/osol/ddu/build/manifest-sparc-ddu.depend has unresolved dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/ddu/ddu.py \
        pkg.debug.depend.type=python \
        pkg.debug.depend.file=64/pango.so \
        pkg.debug.depend.file=64/pangomodule.so \
        pkg.debug.depend.file=pango.py \
        pkg.debug.depend.file=pango.pyc \
        pkg.debug.depend.file=pango.pyo \
        pkg.debug.depend.file=pango.so \
        pkg.debug.depend.file=pango/__init__.py \
        pkg.debug.depend.file=pangomodule.so \
...
.../oi-userland/components/osol/ddu/build/manifest-sparc-ddu.depend has unresolved dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD pkg.debug.depend.file=gtk/__init__.py \
        pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/ddu/ddu.py pkg.debug.depend.type=python

This error is caused by references to graphical python modules. As before, the solution is to append variant.arch=i386 to unwanted files in manifests. The patch files ddu.diff and ddu-library.diff correct this error. Finally, I received this publish error:

.../oi-userland/components/osol/ddu/build/manifest-sparc-ddu-library.depend has unresolved dependency '
    depend type=require fmri=__TBD pkg.debug.depend.file=libpicl.so.1 \
        pkg.debug.depend.reason=usr/ddu/bin/sparc/dmi_info \
        pkg.debug.depend.type=elf \
        pkg.debug.depend.path=lib \
        pkg.debug.depend.path=usr/lib'.
gmake: *** [/dpool.../oi-userland-apr/make-rules/ips.mk:398: .../oi-userland/components/osol/ddu/build/.resolved-sparc] Error 1

This error happened because the package containing libpicl.so.1 could not be found. The solution is to add the package service/picl to the REQUIRED_PACKAGES list. The patch file Makefile.diff corrects this error. With these changes, I got a successful publish.

No data to display

Also available in: Atom PDF