Project

General

Profile

Bug #12700

Recent work on the bge driver has broke my nic

Added by Robert Bailey 2 months ago. Updated 2 months ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
-
Category:
driver - device drivers
Start date:
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:
Medium
Tags:
Gerrit CR:

Description

This system is running Openindiana upgraded on 5/5/2020.

pci bus 0x0006 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x14e4 device 0x1681
Broadcom Inc. and subsidiaries NetXtreme BCM5761 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe

Boot up message.
WARNING: kstat_created('unix', 0, 'bge0'): namespace collision
WARNING: kstat_created('bge0', 0, 'mac_misc_stat'); namespace collision

Thanks for all the hard work!

History

#1

Updated by Yuri Pankov 2 months ago

Are those warnings the only symptoms of the NIC being broken?

#2

Updated by Robert Bailey 2 months ago

No. This was working with Openindiana nwam getting DHCP. This broke right after doing an upgrade. Now it does not ever get an IP address.
I tried to configure it manualy but that does not seem to work. To get the system on the network I installed an Intel Nic and that connected right up.
After disabling nwam and configuring the interfaces manually this is what happens.

root@openindiana:~# ipadm show-if
IFNAME STATE CURRENT PERSISTENT
lo0 ok m-v------46 --
root@openindiana:~# dladm show-phys
LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE
bge0 Ethernet up 1000 full bge0
e1000g0 Ethernet unknown 1000 full e1000g0
root@openindiana:~# ipadm create-if e1000g0
root@openindiana:~# ipadm create-if bge0
ipadm: Could not create bge0 : Interface already in use
root@openindiana:~# ipadm create-addr -T dhcp e1000g0/v4
root@openindiana:~# ipadm show-addr
ADDROBJ TYPE STATE ADDR
lo0/v4 static ok 127.0.0.1/8
e1000g0/v4 dhcp ok 10.115.40.105/24
lo0/v6 static ok ::1/128
root@openindiana:~# ipadm delete-if bge0
ipadm: Could not delete bge0: Interface does not exist

I am able to configure the Intel Nic but can not configure the bge Nic.

#3

Updated by Robert Bailey 2 months ago

I figured out the problem. There was a vnic configured on the bge0 interface for a zone. I deleted the vnic and now am able to configure the interface.
I think the problem has to do with this bug. Bug #12686
dladm: vnic creation over bge0 failed: object already exists

I think my bug can be closed.
Thanks

Also available in: Atom PDF