Need support for multiple pythons, distinction between python used for build and python used from build
This is analogous to issue 1296 but applicable to python. Currently we're assuming that there is a [single] python to use. This is certainly an improvement over the status quo ante, which is that there is a selection of outdated pythons used. Neither perl nor python are done quite, and it would be helpful if one way can be discerned to identify a generic interpreter to use in build scripting (generic dependencies limited to build time) vs. supporting potentially several interpreter environments and their extensions.
Updated by Aurélien Larcher over 5 years ago
- Category changed from 35 to OI-Userland
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee changed from Bayard Bell to OI Userland
Already present in oi-userland:
- default python version is set and set in a variable to be used for builds,
- explicit versions may be added and use for specific packages.