SMB: Creating named streams on existing files is not quite right
In MS-FSA, 'file lookup' effectively has the following branches:
1. If the file doesn't exist, create the file and the stream
2. If the file exists, and the stream exists, perform access and sharing checks
3. If the file exists, but the stream doesn't exist, perform access checks, then create the stream.
Currently, 1 and 3 are collapsed into a single branch: If the file exists, but the stream doesn't, that's treated as if the file didn't exist.
Updated by Matt Barden over 1 year ago
Run streams-setup.sh in a directory on a share on the server under test.
Mount the share from an illumos-based client, cd into streams-test-dir, then run streams-test.sh .
Updated by Electric Monk over 1 year ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
commit 0a73e6f973645e207d33a7012fed997991b4e531 Author: Matt Barden <email@example.com> Date: 2021-01-30T19:02:54.000Z 13441 SMB: Creating named streams on existing files is not quite right Reviewed by: Evan Layton <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Gordon Ross <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Roman Strashkin <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Andy Fiddaman <email@example.com> Approved by: Robert Mustacchi <firstname.lastname@example.org>