loader: restructure loader source tree
It has been eating me some time now - the loader tree is a bit of mess and should be cleaned up a bit (and synced with FreeBSD version a bit).
1. move libstand to usr/src/boot/libsa and merge with libc bits. Remove unsupported architectures while there.
2. move usr/src/boot/sys/boot/* to usr/src/boot, drop 2 levels of tree.
3. move smbios.[ch] from libi386 to libsa. smbios detection code is not specific to BIOS systems and other systems need it too. (allows loader.efi to stop depend on libi386).
4. forth scripts and config files are installed from usr/src/boot/forth (moved from i386/loader). Those files are not unique to BIOS loader.
While there is a bit code shuffling related to smbios, there are no functional changes.
Testing done: build/install/boot. smbios data is exported to loader environment, boot is working as expected. Both BIOSand UEFI boot is tested.
Updated by Electric Monk 9 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
commit 22028508fd28d36ff74dc02c5774a8ba1f0db045 Author: Toomas Soome <email@example.com> Date: 2022-02-17T06:32:56.000Z 14480 loader: restructure loader source tree Reviewed by: Andy Fiddaman <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Michael van der Westhuizen <email@example.com> Approved by: Robert Mustacchi <firstname.lastname@example.org>