nvidia is missing some device aliases
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T520 with an NVidia NVS 4200M chip. Stock OI 151 installs fine, but the vesa driver ends up being used by X.org.
Adding a device-id alias via:
- update_drv -a -i '"pciex10de,1057"' nvidia
makes the nvidia driver load and everything seems to function properly.
Updated by Ken Mays over 9 years ago
- Due date set to 2012-04-15
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Estimated time set to 4.00 h
- Tags changed from driver aliases to nvidia
Nvidia NVS 4200M is listed within the 295.33 driver release note of supported products:
"NVS Series (Notebooks): NVS 5200M, NVS 4200M, Quadro NVS 510M, Quadro NVS 320M, Quadro NVS 160M, Quadro NVS 150M, Quadro NVS 140M, Quadro NVS 135M, Quadro NVS 130M, Quadro NVS 120M, Quadro NVS 110M"