something should depend upon pkg:/locale/en
Much of the system (timeslider, svcs(1M), ...) is rather broken when the configured default locale is absent.
Ideally, this wouldn't be the case (the system would work), but it seems reasonable to drag in locale/en from SUNWcs to prevent the larger issues.
I haven't investigated whether this is charset or language related (I'm in en_US.UTF-8).
If you do insert the dependency, note that the pkg:/ part is important to remove ambiguity, the version should probably be $(PKGVERS)
- Assignee changed from Garrett D'Amore to Rich Lowe
After lots of conversation with richlowe, it's not clear what the right answer is, but it seems that Rich wants to work on this. Reassigning.
I think this is an installer problem. Also there are now many other reasonable locale choices.
I'm moving this to OI as a distro problem.
For things that are in illumos-gate which don't work within the C locale, I'd like to see individual bugs filed.
- Project changed from illumos gate to OpenIndiana Distribution
- Assignee changed from Rich Lowe to OI Caiman
- Target version set to oi_151
- Difficulty set to Medium
- Tags set to needs-triage
- Target version changed from oi_151 to oi_151_stable
- Status changed from New to Rejected
- Target version deleted (
Won't fix - unless fixed upstream. Can reopen if willing to do the actual needed work.
Also available in: Atom