Document dladm show-phys' -m option
cmd - userland programs
At this moment MAC address of the physical interface is visible only after plumbing the link.
It's not possible however to plumb NIC if the link is a part of an aggregated datalink.
As a workaround someone can use libdlpi directly (dlpi_get_physaddr) but this information should be provided by dladm itself.
It's already done for VNIC:
# dladm show-vnic LINK OVER SPEED MACADDRESS MACADDRTYPE VID vm01 bnx0 1000 2:8:20:7e:84:42 random 0 # dladm show-phys LINK MEDIA STATE SPEED DUPLEX DEVICE bnx0 Ethernet up 1000 full bnx0 bnx1 Ethernet down 0 unknown bnx1
Updated by Piotr Jasiukajtis over 11 years ago
This feature is already implemented but not documented correctly in the manual page.
> dladm show-phys -m LINK SLOT ADDRESS INUSE CLIENT nge0 primary 0:1a:4d:72:9f:eb yes nge0 rtls1 primary 0:50:fc:fa:1a:1d no -- rtls2 primary 0:30:4f:46:f1:2b no --
Updated by Yuri Pankov over 10 years ago
- Subject changed from dladm should provide MAC address for physical link to Document dladm show-phys' -m option
- Category changed from cmd - userland programs to manpage - manual pages
- Difficulty changed from Medium to Bite-size
- Tags deleted (
Updated by Robert Mustacchi over 8 years ago
- Category changed from manpage - manual pages to cmd - userland programs
- Assignee set to Robert Mustacchi
It's also missing from the actual dladm usage block in the command. I'll take care of both while I'm here.
Updated by Electric Monk over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
git commit a4754370e3396d98214a2a2bbb89a23555b2cff2
commit a4754370e3396d98214a2a2bbb89a23555b2cff2 Author: Robert Mustacchi <email@example.com> Date: 2014-12-04T17:08:35.000Z 2057 Document dladm show-phys' -m option Reviewed by: Keith Wesolowski <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Richard Lowe <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Garrett D'Amore <firstname.lastname@example.org> Approved by: Gordon Ross <email@example.com>