Project

General

Profile

Bug #2125

image-update with a zpool containing a BE with same name

Added by Richard PALO over 7 years ago. Updated over 6 years ago.

Status:
New
Priority:
Normal
Assignee:
Category:
-
Target version:
-
Start date:
2012-02-14
Due date:
% Done:

0%

Estimated time:
Difficulty:
Medium
Tags:
needs-triage

Description

Just got bit (again) with something that, if not a bug, should perhaps be mentioned in the release notes... perhaps this report belongs as well in illumos instead of openindiana, but I'll let the moderators determine where...

richard@x3200:~$ sudo zpool import -R /a apool
richard@x3200:~$ zpool list
NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
apool   298G   207G  90,9G    69%  1.04x  ONLINE  /a
rpool  36,8G  28,7G  8,05G    78%  1.00x  ONLINE  -
richard@x3200:~$ beadm list -a
BE/Dataset/Snapshot                        Active Mountpoint Space Policy Created
oi_148b
   apool/ROOT/oi_148b                      -      -          57,3  static 2011-04-08 13:38
oi_151a
   apool/ROOT/oi_151a                      N      -          37,5  static 2011-09-19 18:41
   apool/ROOT/oi_151a@19-NOV-2010          -      -          6,60  static 2010-11-19 12:34
   apool/ROOT/oi_151a@2010-12-27-12:09:54  -      -          322   static 2010-12-27 13:09
   apool/ROOT/oi_151a@2010-12-27-12:12:10  -      -          324   static 2010-12-27 13:12
   apool/ROOT/oi_151a@2010-12-27-12:13:19  -      -          302   static 2010-12-27 13:13
   apool/ROOT/oi_151a@2010-12-27-12:16:09  -      -          159   static 2010-12-27 13:16
   apool/ROOT/oi_151a@2011-09-19-16:41:25  -      -          644   static 2011-09-19 18:41
oi_151a
   rpool/ROOT/oi_151a                      N      /          20,7  static 2011-11-02 14:16

I tried upgrading to 151a2 with the package-manager GUI and I get the attached screenshot.
and here after two more tries (a bit dense this morning):

richard@x3200:~$ beadm list
BE        Active Mountpoint       Space Policy Created
oi_148b   -      -                57,3M static 2011-04-08 13:38
oi_151a   N      /                20,7M static 2011-11-02 14:16
oi_151a   N      -                44,9G static 2011-09-19 18:41
oi_151a-1 -      -                73,0K static 2012-02-14 10:05
oi_151a-2 -      -                73,0K static 2012-02-14 10:30
oi_151a-3 -      -                73,0K static 2012-02-14 11:00
oi_151a2  R      -                18,3G static 2012-02-14 11:05

Here I noticed that my "backup" was mounted, so:

richard@x3200:~$ sudo zpool export apool
richard@x3200:~$ zpool list
NAME    SIZE  ALLOC   FREE    CAP  DEDUP  HEALTH  ALTROOT
rpool  36,8G  28,7G  8,05G    78%  1.00x  ONLINE  -

tried again package-manager, this time success!

BTW, I said not "bit", but "bit (again)".

This is because I've been meaning to report this bug when creating zones for quite awhile.
As zone creation also fails... Perhaps there is some better error message, or better bookkeeping that can be done... not sure, this one is certainly for the gurus.

chose faite.


Files

Capture-14.png (33.3 KB) Capture-14.png Richard PALO, 2012-02-14 10:25 AM

History

#1

Updated by Ken Mays over 6 years ago

  • Assignee set to OI illumos

Also available in: Atom PDF