Remove libntfs dependency on pkg:/library/gnome/gnome-vfs
usr/src/lib/libntfs builds a GNOME VFS helper (presumably for browsing NTFS filesystems in Nautilus) which is probably never installed, and just serves to make the ON build depend on
pkg:/library/gnome/gnome-vfs. This should be fixed.
Updated by Albert Lee about 9 years ago
- Subject changed from Remove libntfs dependency on pkg:/library/gnome/gnome-vfs to Remove libntfs dependency on pkg:/library/gnome/gnome-vfs
- Category set to lib - userland libraries
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Estimated time set to 1.00 h
Updated by Albert Lee almost 9 years ago
For the record, the GNOME VFS module is actually linked into the same object as the normal libntfs code, so it would be loadable by Nautilus and other GNOME applications if a symlink to
libntfs.so is created in
/usr/lib/gnome-vfs-2.0/modules. But there isn't one installed by either ON or the JDS packages, and the demand for one will likely be low as GNOME VFS is deprecated.
This also drops the runtime dependency for libntfs consumers.