should include an empty make variable in the default CFLAGS/CCFLAGS
It'd be great, for those of us who sometimes want to pass in extra compiler flags to facilitate debugging (be that passing '-g' to get DWARF, or passing something more specialized), if we could guarantee that we weren't clobbering some important part of the build cramming it in, and if we didn't have to edit (potentially) a great many makefiles.
I propose adding a DEBUGFLAG (or something) in all the same spaces as, for eg, SPACEFLAG, and leaving it otherwise empty, such that a person could utter "make DEBUGFLAG=-g STRIPSTABS_KEEP_STABS=1", or "make DEBUGFLAG=-_gcc=-save-temps" or what have you.
Updated by Rich Lowe almost 9 years ago
- Subject changed from should include an empty make variable in the default CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS/etc. to should include an empty make variable in the default CFLAGS/CCFLAGS
- Category set to tools - gate/build tools
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Rich Lowe
- % Done changed from 0 to 60
- Tags deleted (