zfs needs a refcount audit
A number of areas are vulnerable to refcount leaks, particularly in error paths. Existing refcount leaks need to be plugged.
Ideally, we should develop a mechanism to check for these types of mistakes, perhaps as a static analyzer extension.
Updated by Will Andrews about 9 years ago
Specific areas that currently need to be fixed:
- zap_cursor_fini() is not always called in error cases.
- zap_table_load(): calls dbuf_rele() unconditionally after dbuf_hold().
- dsl_dataset_hold_obj(): dbuf_rele() not called in error case.
Updated by Christopher Siden almost 9 years ago
- Category set to zfs - Zettabyte File System
- Status changed from New to Closed
- Assignee set to Christopher Siden
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
commit b287be1 Author: Will Andrews <email@example.com> Date: Tue Jun 11 10:13:38 2013 3743 zfs needs a refcount audit Reviewed by: Matthew Ahrens <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Eric Schrock <email@example.com> Reviewed by: George Wilson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Approved by: Christopher Siden <email@example.com>