development tools should be adjusted to understand the brave new world
The development tools need to be adjusted to understand illumos.
At the very least:
- comchk needs to understand reviewed-by and approved-by
- webrev should linkify illumos bugs
- cddlchk and copyrightchk should understand the new realities
And maybe more I've yet to think of.
I'm the origin of much of this code, so it seems best that I fix it.
Updated by Mike Gerdts about 13 years ago
Also, comchk should verify that bug numbers are appropriately prefixed, e.g.
illumos:43 development tools should be adjusted ...
See thread starting at http://lists.illumos.org/pipermail/developer/2010-August/000156.html for discussion.
Updated by Garrett D'Amore about 13 years ago
I'm going to make an executive decision here.
We're not going to prefix bugids for now.
We don't have to worry about Solaris bugs until have over 1M bugids. When (if!) we cross that threshold, then we can adjust. (Probably at that point we'll use a different numbering system or a prefix like "I".)
For now, the shorter bugids are nice, and we have no way (according to richlowe) to go back and fix the history we already have. So the precedent, for better or worse, wins in this regard.
Updated by Rich Lowe about 13 years ago
- % Done changed from 10 to 90
- Adds support for checking the commentary of illumos bugs, via a lookup from redmine
- Removes support for the RTI database, and the ARC database
- Removes wx, and various SCCS related tooling
- Updates webrev to know how to cross-reference illumos bugs, and to default to doing so
- Updates webrev to accept ':' as the separator between bug tracker and bug ID
- Updates webrev to only linkify a 'bare' bugID at beginning-of-line
- Updates cadmium to not cddlchk as part of 'nits' or 'pbchk' (users should not mess with other's licenses)
- Updates the copyright check to only verify that there:
- is a copyright
- that that copyright mentions the current year
- Updates hdrchk to share its copyright logic with the copyright check, now they're compatible