shipped /etc/mailcap is useless
We ship /etc/mailcap in SUNWcs. There are several problems with this.
- It contains only a line for Java Web Start and 51 lines for staroffice.
- It is missing many useful mailcap lines.
- SUNWcs shouldn't exist and removing this file would help with this goal.
Some possible ways to solve it include:
- illumos-gate stops delivering /etc/mailcap, making it a distribution problem.
- Instead of delivering /etc/mailcap directly, we deliver /etc/mailcap.d and a tool (SMF service?) to assemble /etc/mailcap from fragments in /etc/mailcap.d. This would allow packages to deliver mailcap entries.