cmd - userland programs
Lots of time could be saved hacking scripts if support for this flag was implemented, even if it is just ignored.
Does the following workaround work for you ?
1. Use /usr/bin/sh or /usr/bin/ksh
2. Use in a script "builtin cp" at the top of the script and call '"cp" without full path, e.g. "cp" ?
This is a trivial RFE except for one problem... -a implies --preserve=links. Of course, we don't have the support for link preservation in illumos cp.
- Subject changed from cp support for -a flag. to cp support for -a flag
- Difficulty set to Medium
- Tags set to needs-triage
- Category set to cmd - userland programs
- Status changed from New to Resolved
- Assignee set to Alexander Eremin
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Difficulty changed from Medium to Bite-size
- Tags deleted (
Also available in: Atom