Difficult-to-pin down issues with rge driver(?) on RealTek interfaces
Various users of Oi 148 have been reporting odd behavior of RealTek interfaces running the rge driver. For a few of us, the behaviors seem to have appeared after update to 148, while 134a did not exhibit the behavior.
Behaviors range from:
Seemingly random dropoffs of virtual interfaces to complete interruption of all network services to system hangs.
Sometimes seems related to large file transfers. Very hard to pin down anything causative.
It's been suggested we post this as a potential bug.
Updated by Ken Mays over 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Feedback
- Assignee set to Milan Jurik
- Difficulty set to Medium
- Tags set to needs-triage
1. Decommision rge driver source code from illumos-gate.
2. Integrate gani-2.6.9 driver source as replacement for rge driver code.
3. Fix related Realtek NIC pci ids for gani versus rge.