6464's call to mount() is incomplete
According to the mount(2) man page:
The fstype argument is the file system type name. Standard file system names are defined with the prefix MNTTYPE_ in <sys/mntent.h>. If neither MS_DATA nor MS_OPTIONSTR is set in mflag, then fstype is ignored and the type of the root file system is assumed.
This causes beadm & friends to fail on non-ZFS root systems (like installers).
Updated by Toomas Soome over 4 years ago
- Category set to lib - userland libraries
- Status changed from New to In Progress
- Assignee set to Toomas Soome
- Priority changed from Normal to High
- Difficulty changed from Medium to Bite-size
- Tags deleted (
the fix is not just about adding the MS_OPTIONSTR to flag, but also it needs to provide the option string, even if empty, otherwise the mount will succeed but with EOVERFLOW.
Updated by Electric Monk over 4 years ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
commit 19f5167cc175d745bf9d9a007352b8784d628ac9 Author: Toomas Soome <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2017-01-14T02:22:06.000Z 7767 6464's call to mount() is incomplete Reviewed by: Yuri Pankov <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Jason King <firstname.lastname@example.org> Approved by: Dan McDonald <email@example.com>