mdb_ctf_vread() needn't be so strict about unions
mdb - modular debugger
We can change the restriction in mdb_ctf_vread() to be:
- not all (target) union members must be present (in the mdb type)
- if there are multiple union members (in the mdb type), all members must be exact matches.
- if there is only one union member (in the mdb type), then it need not be an exact match (i.e. it can be a struct with some members, like a normal struct).
By only declaring one member of the union, you are telling mdb_ctf_vread() exactly how to interpret the union.
Updated by Electric Monk over 3 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from New to Closed
commit 53d6c69268ad98d311e74fb98d7514711585c1fa Author: Serapheim Dimitropoulos <email@example.com> Date: 2017-04-14T03:46:30.000Z 8024 mdb_ctf_vread() needn't be so strict about unions Reviewed by: Matthew Ahrens <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Pavel Zakharov <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Robert Mustacchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Approved by: Dan McDonald <email@example.com>