Trivial ACEs missing delete
Windows CIFS clients do not allow a file to be deleted without at least one of the following:
- An allow ACE with delete (can be inherited) in the file's ACL
- An allow ACE on the ACL of the file's parent directory with delete_child
Write permission on a directory is sufficient to allow deleting its children in the Unix permission model. However, trivial ACEs generated from modes with write permission do not include delete_child, so Windows is unhappy.
- Assignee changed from Albert Lee to Kevin Crowe
- % Done changed from 0 to 50
- Difficulty set to Medium
- Tags set to needs-triage
- Assignee deleted (
- Status changed from In Progress to Feedback
This should be fixed in #6762.
- Status changed from Feedback to Closed
Closing as fixed, please reopen if it's still a problem.
- Is duplicate of Bug #6762: POSIX write should imply DELETE_CHILD on directories - and some additional considerations added
Also available in: Atom