Open-Context Channel Programs
We want to be able to run channel programs outside of synching context.
This would greatly improve performance of channel program that just gather information, as we won't have to wait for synching context anymore.
This feature should introduce the following:
- A new command line flag in "zfs program" to specify our intention to run in open context.
- A new flag/option within the channel program ioctl which selects the context.
- Appropriate error handling whenever we try a channel program in open-context that contains zfs.sync* expressions.
- Documentation for the new feature in the manual pages.
Updated by Electric Monk over 2 years ago
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
- Status changed from New to Closed
commit a3b2868063897ff0083dea538f55f9873eec981f Author: Serapheim Dimitropoulos <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2017-11-17T18:36:13.000Z 8677 Open-Context Channel Programs Reviewed by: Matt Ahrens <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Chris Williamson <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Pavel Zakharov <email@example.com> Approved by: Robert Mustacchi <firstname.lastname@example.org>