Want NIC transceiver visibility
|Assignee:||Robert Mustacchi||% Done:|
This represents a project from RFD 89: Project Tiresias to add support for transceiver visibility to the system. This phase of the work covers the following:
- Adding uncommitted GLDv3 interfaces to read transceiver i2c data
- Adding uncommitted GLDv3 interfaces to get and enumerate transceivers with the basic goals:
- How many transceivers does the device support?
- Is the transceiver plugged in?
- Is the transceiver usable?
- Adding a library in the vein of libses and others to parse the i2c data from transceivers
- Decorating the hc topo tree with information about the transceiver as a separate fru and FMRI.
- Adding an uncommitted userland tool to let us see this information (/usr/lib/dl/dltraninfo)
The main goals of this are to offer initial observability and allow folks to experiment with tools built on top of this information and to figure out what useful stable interfaces to it in the form of dladm should be.
Also available in: Atom