uts: update sys/queue.h
The queue.h is implementing family of methods for list and queue management. Our instance has not been updated for a while (compared to FreeBSD and NetBSD) and we are missing manual. Added macros:
+LIST_CLASS_ENTRY +LIST_CLASS_HEAD +LIST_END +LIST_FOREACH_FROM_SAFE +LIST_FOREACH_FROM +LIST_FOREACH_SAFE +LIST_PREV +LIST_SWAP +QMD_IS_TRASHED +QMD_IS_TRASHED +QMD_SAVELINK +QMD_SAVELINK +QMD_TRACE_ELEM +QMD_TRACE_ELEM +QMD_TRACE_HEAD +QMD_TRACE_HEAD +QUEUE_MACRO_DEBUG_TRACE +QUEUE_MACRO_DEBUG_TRASH +QUEUE_TYPEOF +QUEUE_TYPEOF +SIMPLEQ_CLASS_ENTRY +SIMPLEQ_CLASS_HEAD +SIMPLEQ_CONCAT +SIMPLEQ_END +SIMPLEQ_FOREACH_FROM_SAFE +SIMPLEQ_FOREACH_FROM +SIMPLEQ_FOREACH_SAFE +SIMPLEQ_LAST +SIMPLEQ_REMOVE_AFTER +SLIST_CLASS_ENTRY +SLIST_CLASS_HEAD +SLIST_CONCAT +SLIST_END +SLIST_FOREACH_FROM_SAFE +SLIST_FOREACH_FROM +SLIST_FOREACH_SAFE +SLIST_REMOVE_AFTER +SLIST_SWAP +STAILQ_CLASS_ENTRY +STAILQ_CLASS_HEAD +STAILQ_CONCAT +STAILQ_END +STAILQ_FOREACH_FROM_SAFE +STAILQ_FOREACH_FROM +STAILQ_FOREACH_SAFE +STAILQ_LAST +STAILQ_REMOVE_AFTER +STAILQ_SWAP +TAILQ_CLASS_ENTRY +TAILQ_CLASS_HEAD +TAILQ_END +TAILQ_FOREACH_FROM_SAFE +TAILQ_FOREACH_FROM +TAILQ_FOREACH_REVERSE_FROM_SAFE +TAILQ_FOREACH_REVERSE_FROM +TAILQ_FOREACH_REVERSE_SAFE +TAILQ_FOREACH_SAFE +TAILQ_SWAP +TRACEBUF +TRACEBUF_INITIALIZER +TRASHIT
Also updated existing macros to use macros, and did add queue.3 from FreeBSD. This will allow us to drop duplicate instances of queue.h.
Updated by Electric Monk 11 months ago
- Status changed from New to Closed
- % Done changed from 90 to 100
commit 8c5d29ab25ca6e74ebaba57fba6b4794fab41f3c Author: Toomas Soome <email@example.com> Date: 2018-09-04T15:09:39.000Z 9731 uts: update sys/queue.h Reviewed by: Yuri Pankov <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reviewed by: Robert Mustacchi <email@example.com> Approved by: Dan McDonald <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Updated by Electric Monk 10 months ago
commit b346eedd4542677e9fcb483b961bfeda95289212 Author: Gordon Ross <email@example.com> Date: 2018-09-22T02:46:36.000Z backout: 9731 uts: update sys/queue.h (needs work) This reverts commit 8c5d29ab25ca6e74ebaba57fba6b4794fab41f3c.
Updated by Joshua M. Clulow 10 months ago
Because Gordon hasn't said anything, I will: this has been backed out because of breakage of the DRM gate build due to namespace pollution. This change will go back in combined with the fix for #9851 (the
container_of() namespace pollution that clashed with the DRM gate) once review and approval are finished there.
Updated by Joshua M. Clulow 8 months ago
I have checked out a current copy of oi-userland and followed the instructions to prepare for a build of the
openindiana/gfx-drm component there-in. I did this build once on a stock illumos-gate system, to confirm that it would complete successfully. I then applied the latest iteration of #9731 and rebooted, then clobbered and built the component again with the new
sys/queue.h header in place. The build succeeded the second time as well. I used
wsdiff to compare the
gfx-drm proto area of both builds -- there were minor differences of the sort you would expect from changed line numbers in headers, etc, but seemingly nothing major.
Updated by Electric Monk 8 months ago
- Status changed from In Progress to Closed
commit 85280f08e3cfa2e404951ad6817bbb974b576858 Author: Toomas Soome <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: 2018-12-01T07:08:49.000Z 9731 uts: update sys/queue.h Reviewed by: Yuri Pankov <email@example.com> Reviewed by: Robert Mustacchi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Approved by: Joshua M. Clulow <email@example.com>