From 2010-07-09 to 2010-08-07
- 07:45 AM Feature #41 (New): Replacement for ikev1 components
- Need opensource replacement for the ikev1 components.
The OpenBSD isakmpd code looks like it can be used as a the ...
- 05:17 AM Bug #40 (Resolved): llc2 has got to go
- llc2 is closed code to support X.25. I don't think this is in widespread use anymore; in any case we should stop del...
- 05:15 AM Bug #39 (New): need replacement for ixgb
- The ixgb driver is closed. We need a suitable open source replacement.
- 05:14 AM Bug #38 (Resolved): need replacement for tr
- A suitable replacement for "tr" is required to facilitate the build, as the closed one does not link due to use of a ...
- 05:13 AM Bug #37 (New): yge needs support for marvell 88e8057 and 8059
- My Sony Vaio laptop has an 88e8057 part in it. yge *almost* works on this laptop, but some work is needed. The Free...
- 05:11 AM Bug #36 (New): need usbser_edge replacement
- A replacement for this closed driver is needed
- 04:58 AM Bug #31 (Resolved): boot branding
- We need to put the branding graphics (grub and graphical boot) into the build.
- 04:58 AM Bug #30 (Closed): Need iconv
- We need a working iconv implementation. The GNU version may be usable, but note that we already have about half (or ...
- 08:36 PM Bug #12 (Resolved): libc breaks lex
- 08:34 PM Bug #12: libc breaks lex
- Changes have been integrated.
- 04:18 PM Bug #12 (In Progress): libc breaks lex
- So the problem here appears to be _scrwidth(). For non-printable characters, the current implementation returns -1, ...
- 04:16 PM Bug #4 (Closed): /etc/motd needs to say Illumos.org, not Oracle.
- 04:15 PM Bug #10 (Resolved): 64-bit binaries busted
- I integrated this earlier this week.
- 10:03 AM Bug #29 (Resolved): illumos build should not depend upon 'extras' pkg repository
- The extras repository is currently required to build onnv, and thus illumos.
The extras repository contains non-re...
- 06:58 AM Bug #27 (Closed): video capture application programming interface
- Hi there,
This really is a topic to raise on the mailing-lists and work on a little before raising a request. Let'...
- 02:11 AM Bug #27 (Closed): video capture application programming interface
- Similar interface than Linux has as Video4Linux
To support USB webcams, ...
- 08:02 AM Bug #6: Need open kcfd
- Jason King wrote:
> Dumb question, but wouldn't we want to keep the ability to sign modules? I would think a distro...
- 07:38 AM Bug #6: Need open kcfd
- Dumb question, but wouldn't we want to keep the ability to sign modules? I would think a distro might want the abili...
- 07:43 AM Bug #19 (Resolved): Provide an opensource version of pcn(7D)
- Need an opensource replacement for the PCNet driver pcn(7d).
The old emancipation gate has an untested port of the...
- 11:12 PM Feature #18 (New): alarm, realpath and lockf utilities
- Subject says it all. Code written by me to provide alarm, realpath and lockf command line utilities.
- 11:27 PM Bug #12 (Resolved): libc breaks lex
- Apparently something in the new locale code in libc is breaking lex. This prevents a full nightly from completing. ...
- 03:03 AM Bug #11 (Closed): dmake: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `pics/mbftowc.o'
- Fixed in:
user: Garrett D'Amore <email@example.com>
- 11:05 AM Bug #6: Need open kcfd
- Module signing is used both for export control purposes, and as of fairly recently, as part of the FIPS-140 implement...
- 02:43 AM Bug #11 (Closed): dmake: Fatal error: Don't know how to make target `pics/mbftowc.o'
- changeset: 12783:f95354c46591
user: Garrett D'Amore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 09:45 PM Bug #1 (Closed): Need README & TODO for Illumos project
- 12:32 AM Bug #1 (Resolved): Need README & TODO for Illumos project
- The initial drafts are pushed now.
- 09:45 PM Bug #10 (Resolved): 64-bit binaries busted
- The libc update did something to break 64-bit programs. It looks related to stdio probably... hello world does not f...
- 08:17 PM Feature #9 (Closed): Provide an open source implementation of spwr(7D)
- A new open source driver should be written to replace the closed spwr(7D) driver. spwr(7D) supports SMC EtherPower II...
- 08:03 PM Bug #8 (Resolved): libc locale work needs updated license files
- As we imported a bunch of code from FreeBSD, we need to add license files for that work to the libc license files, an...
- 05:19 PM Bug #7 (Resolved): Need locale databases
- Now that we have libc_i18n purged, we need to add the locale databases that are missing back in. Especially en_US.UT...
- 05:16 PM Bug #6 (Resolved): Need open kcfd
- We need a kcfd subsystem to replace the closed ones.
Mostly kcfd offers threads to the kcf kernel module in a fas...
- 05:13 PM Feature #5 (Resolved): Add support for usbace,1215 to zyd
- Fix pushed, diffs follow:
diff -r 28f7d54160ac usr/src/pkg/manifests/driver-network-zyd.mf
- 05:07 PM Feature #5 (Resolved): Add support for usbace,1215 to zyd
- zyd can support this driver. This was also reported upstream ... CR 6973217
- 05:05 PM Bug #4 (Resolved): /etc/motd needs to say Illumos.org, not Oracle.
- 05:02 PM Bug #4: /etc/motd needs to say Illumos.org, not Oracle.
# Copyright (c) 1990, 2010, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
+# Copyright 2010...
- 05:00 PM Bug #4 (Closed): /etc/motd needs to say Illumos.org, not Oracle.
- We need to fix /etc/motd.
- 03:33 PM Bug #2 (Resolved): We need a fully open libc (no libc_i18n)
- Ok, I just integrated the code... it seems to work well enough to boot and run applications. More testing is needed,...
- 12:34 AM Bug #2 (Resolved): We need a fully open libc (no libc_i18n)
- libc_i18n.a is closed source, and is required to build libc currently. We must replace this code with an open implem...
- 03:07 AM Feature #3: We need an open replacement for mpt
- one and a half hours waiting for the server to reboot between tests, half an hour grubbing around in the code...
- 01:09 AM Feature #3 (In Progress): We need an open replacement for mpt
- an optimistic implementation has been written. just debugging the scsi io path now.
- 12:39 AM Feature #3 (In Progress): We need an open replacement for mpt
- LSI's mpt driver is closed source. This is a strategic driver, and we need an open replacement.
- 11:07 PM Bug #1 (Closed): Need README & TODO for Illumos project
- We need an initial README and TODO for the illumos gate.
Also available in: Atom