From 2010-10-20 to 2010-11-18
- 09:29 PM Bug #424 (Resolved): svr4pkg should remove ALLOW_EXCEPTION_LIST_PKG
- There is some more old cruft that should be cleaned up here. Yet another phase.
- 09:25 PM Bug #368 (Resolved): snmpdx is obsolete and neesd to go
- Fixed in: 259bb55df8a9
- 09:24 PM Bug #298: SPARC build fails in smt_pause.o
- I'm working on this now, along with other related build problems on SPARC. Stay tuned.
- 09:20 PM Bug #365 (Closed): network stack hangs on heavy IO
- The problem could indeed be the PCI slot.
In any case, this does not appear to be a software bug, but rather probl...
- 09:17 PM Bug #410 (Rejected): cannot find/execute 'sh' in ISA subdirectories
- This is not a bug ... unless you're using an older build of illumos with the xpg4 sh link problem. Any current versi...
- 09:15 PM Feature #408: beep command needed
- There are multiple ways to do this:
a) echo CTRL-G on a console terminal
b) audioplay <some file> pick any .wa...
- 08:01 PM Bug #423 (New): speedstep cpupm called continuously on Dell Poweredge 2900
- We have a Dell PowerEdge 2900 with two 80555K, Xenon Dempsey, 5050, LGA771, C1 Processors, giving us a total of eight...
- 10:24 AM Bug #306: Don't require external ast msgcc
- > In retrospect, I think the right answer is something different than proposed here: Specifically, we should
- 09:36 PM Bug #422 (Closed): vmxnet3s driver fails after compile from OpenIndiana
- Running an OpenIndiana ESXi VM with a 10GB vmxnet3 driver installed and operational. After the illumos compile and on...
- 04:53 PM Bug #30: Need iconv
- Garrett: Should I assign the bug to me ? I have prototype code floating around...
- 07:56 AM Bug #421 (Resolved): libpkg and libadm need to be lint clean
- Fixed in 35f707bf8b40.
- 07:55 AM Bug #420 (Resolved): remove patch (sparse package) support from svr4 pkg
- Fixed in 35f707bf8b40.
- 07:38 PM Bug #421 (Resolved): libpkg and libadm need to be lint clean
- These two libraries should be made lint clean, including fixing several errors that lint turns up in them.
- 07:33 PM Bug #420 (Resolved): remove patch (sparse package) support from svr4 pkg
- There is a bunch of cruft surrounding the SVR4 package support for Sun "sparse" packages (i.e. patch packages).
- 11:43 AM Feature #418 (In Progress): replace beadm by tbeadm with gettext support
- 10:40 AM Feature #418 (Resolved): replace beadm by tbeadm with gettext support
- this issue is part of big "getting rid of python dependency" task.
beadm is using python. tbeadm is C replacement fo...
- 11:10 AM Bug #419 (Resolved): zpool/zfs incosistencies inside a non-global zone
- Once a zone is installed, the zone shows the pool and fs of the zonepath. After a reboot, they disappear. This is on ...
- 09:54 AM Bug #417 (Resolved): Stale OpenOwner entries are not reaped for active clients
- This is a mirror of _6976554 Stale OpenOwner entries are not reaped for active clients_ (http://bugs.opensolaris.org/...
- 06:42 AM Bug #416 (Resolved): iscsit responses truncated to 1 PDU
- When you create many iSCSI targets (more than 70 in my case) with itadm the iscsi linux initiator. The linux initiato...
- 09:36 AM Bug #412: Cannot delete file(s) on root zfs filesystem if disk is full
- This is often not a problem per se. I've hit the situation a number of times, and it was usually related to snapshots...
- 09:00 AM Bug #413: Memory corruption in regcmp(3c)
- I discovered a small error in the enclosed source file, the call to regcmp(3c) should end with a NULL argument. A cor...
- 08:40 AM Bug #413 (Resolved): Memory corruption in regcmp(3c)
- When regcmp(3c) is called with a single non-special character three bytes get
allocated for the return value, but a ...
- 11:15 PM Bug #412 (Feedback): Cannot delete file(s) on root zfs filesystem if disk is full
- When the root zfs filesystem is full, you cannot delete file(s) because of a device full error.
Thus, you cannot fix...
- 10:20 AM Feature #411 (New): zfs should support globs
- It should be possible to do:...
- 09:25 AM Bug #410: cannot find/execute 'sh' in ISA subdirectories
- looks like 'sh' is taken from /usr/xpg4/bin/i86 (truss helped me figure it out)
However the ARCH specific dir is abs...
- 09:13 PM Bug #410 (Rejected): cannot find/execute 'sh' in ISA subdirectories
- While building illumos on illumos I've hit this bug....
- 07:23 PM Bug #409 (Resolved): ls doesn't like -xstrconst
- When ls is compiled with -xstrconst on SS12.1, color support causes it to segfault.
This is due to all string lite...
- 06:39 PM Feature #408: beep command needed
- `tput bel' works.
- 01:49 PM Feature #408 (New): beep command needed
- It would be nice to have a way to script an audible alert.
GNU system normally use the beep command for this.
- 12:54 PM Bug #300 (Resolved): svr4pkg dependency on wsreg.h from closed admin consolidation
- Fixed in 4f0f28d15ca1
- 07:53 AM Bug #407 (New): Serialization of instances of custom types broken in ksh93
- The serialization of instances of custom types in ksh93 is broken, print -C/-v produce random byte garbage.
- 04:24 AM Bug #365: network stack hangs on heavy IO
- I've done some further testing in these weeks.
I've been doing the same network traffic without the aggregation an...
- 09:58 PM Bug #300 (In Progress): svr4pkg dependency on wsreg.h from closed admin consolidation
- we don't need to support the wsreg stuff in illumos, its a Sun-only thing.
- 09:55 PM Bug #403 (Resolved): remove support for SVR3 packaging
- 05:06 PM Bug #405 (Resolved): Can't connect to similarly-named, encrypted wireless networks.
- Previously, when nwam stored secure objects, the keys for each network was saved with its MAC address appended to the...
- 09:59 AM Bug #404 (New): Services: svccfg numeric instance name not accepted / svccfg import fails
- Service definition containing a number as instance name cannot be imported by svccfg.
Interestingly, the # svccfg ...
- 11:20 PM Bug #377 (Resolved): removal of perl 5.8.4
- 01:59 PM Bug #166: CR6901979 error in xdr_float.c not fixed
- There might be better symbols available to determine which is the native float format, etc.
Have a look at sys/isa_d...
- 04:40 AM Bug #166: CR6901979 error in xdr_float.c not fixed
- Found Fasttrack PSARC/2010/211 <http://firstname.lastname@example.org/msg00968.html>
- 04:28 AM Bug #166: CR6901979 error in xdr_float.c not fixed
- There are more lines to fix here:
Question: are __mc...
- 07:42 AM Bug #403 (Resolved): remove support for SVR3 packaging
- SVR3 packages are in theory supported by the pkgadd family of commands. That said, I don't know that anyone has ever...
- 08:22 PM Bug #401 (Resolved): sdcard hang
- Fixed in 9019c04b0003
- 10:05 PM Bug #401: sdcard hang
- http://mexico.purplecow.org/gdamore/webrev/sdcard/ has the fix.
- 09:50 PM Bug #401: sdcard hang
- The problem is that sda_slot_enter is not dropped before calling the bd driver, and there is a deadlock due to orderi...
- 09:41 PM Bug #401 (Resolved): sdcard hang
- This is detailed in OSOL bug 6975215:
We have a toshiba portege R600 laptop on which commands such as format
- 09:38 PM Feature #18: alarm, realpath and lockf utilities
- Can we please break this out into 3 separate RFEs?
- 09:34 PM Bug #198 (Feedback): raidz2 reading is slow
- Yes, I know about the hybrid allocator. Unfortunately, we don't have access to that code.
At the same time, I'm ...
- 09:31 PM Bug #365 (Feedback): network stack hangs on heavy IO
- It would appear that your system has taken a few faults on the PCI express bridge that hosts the pair of "igb" interf...
- 09:21 PM Bug #353 (Resolved): Remove Non-redistributable package/manifests
- Fixed in 21499d6cbb4a
- 09:21 PM Bug #350 (Resolved): pfiles crashes when inspecting itself
- Fixed in f5d04b62b0f0
- 09:20 PM Bug #360 (Resolved): some modules have bogus module dependencies
- Fixed in c695c69515de
- 09:19 PM Bug #319 (Resolved): hi ho hi ho ksh88 has got to go
- This was resolved back in f47a1a79ac09
- 09:16 PM Bug #364 (Resolved): remove libplot
- Fixed in 7c8ff70cc6ed.
- 02:51 PM Bug #396: format crashes
- looks like a divide-by-zero. from disassembly of the oi_147 version of usr/bin/format, the division by zero appears ...
- 02:04 PM Bug #393: Invalid nd_hostservlist contents crash mountd
- The @nd_hostservlist@ pointer itself appears to not be updated after the resolver returns, so it's just garbage. The ...
- 04:24 AM Bug #398 (Feedback): IPMP issue with igb (X4270)
- There is some kind of BUG on x4270 if you use IPMP.
After some time NIC is not working, even without IPMP and after...
- 12:25 AM Bug #88: svcs -x might miss reasons
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6211054 Not that contain any new information.
- 05:58 PM Bug #397 (Resolved): illumos cannot boot from a device with an EFI label
- illumos cannot boot from a device with an EFI label.
Because of a ZFS ZPOOL limitation (cannot set bootfs property...
- 01:31 PM Bug #396 (New): format crashes
- Hi all
With an LSI SAS9211-8i, format crashes and won't let me go further. OI installs ok, but I can't find the ot...
- 11:14 AM Bug #88: svcs -x might miss reasons
- Can you give me the url for the issue at least..
It would be helpful to know what they are actually trying to put ac...
- 11:56 PM Bug #88: svcs -x might miss reasons
- It is imported from the opensolaris issue tracker as one of the easy-to-do bugs. So I am afraid that I do not know more.
- 10:25 PM Bug #88: svcs -x might miss reasons
Can you explain under which condition you are actually seeing a miss ?
If possible can you also provide an ex...
- 11:32 PM Feature #394 (New): System level error reporting tool
- Develop tool that collect kernel/system level errors to single report and send that report to illumos site.
- 01:32 PM Bug #393 (Resolved): Invalid nd_hostservlist contents crash mountd
- In some cases mount crashes in @do_logging_queue@:...
- 01:10 PM Bug #382 (Closed): SPARC: Build often fails in smt_pause.o
- Closing duplicate.
- 01:10 PM Bug #380 (Closed): SPARC: n2rng requires fips header removed in 294b1fe4bc7f
- Closing duplicate.
- 12:10 PM Bug #128 (Resolved): Splash image /boot/solaris.xpm file not found error stops the boot process
- 07:43 AM Bug #128: Splash image /boot/solaris.xpm file not found error stops the boot process
- Splash image /boot/solaris.xpm file not found error stops the boot process
- 12:56 AM Bug #391: beadm needs a man page
- Can it be the manpage from slim_source? It's attached to the issue.
- 12:33 AM Bug #363 (Resolved): kbdcomp should be removed
- 09:46 PM Bug #391 (Resolved): beadm needs a man page
- beadm needs a man page.
- 09:32 PM Bug #362: move xpg4 hardlinks to symlinks, and adjust packaging
a) xpg4 should be "optional", and not part of "core"
b) hardlinks break isaexec.
c) delivery of hardlin...
- 07:19 PM Bug #362: move xpg4 hardlinks to symlinks, and adjust packaging
- > xpg4 hard links in SUNWcsr was, in retrospect, a mistake.
Just curious: Why was this a mistake ?
- 10:56 AM Feature #390 (In Progress): bge driver need to support Broadcom BCM5784M chipset
- This is a clone of __6786742 bge driver need to support Broadcom BCM5784M chipset__
I have working driver changes.
- 04:57 AM Bug #389 (Rejected): Build failure in usr/src/cmd/perl/5.10.0
- From nightly.log:...
- 04:43 AM Bug #383 (New): cp command does not work properly with special file types or the `yes y` | cp -i syntax
- cp command does not work properly with special file types. The default behavior of the cp command should be similar ...
- 02:18 PM Bug #382 (Closed): SPARC: Build often fails in smt_pause.o
- Build on SPARC appears racy.
- 11:27 AM Bug #363: kbdcomp should be removed
- Webrev is at http://cr.illumos.org/view/4jpzih2f/
- 07:55 AM Bug #315: fmadm telemetry faults
- Note also this note from the Sun X4170 Product Notes:
PCIe Errors Reported With QL...
- 07:42 AM Bug #315: fmadm telemetry faults
- We have also installed oi_147 on a Sun Fire X4170 and experience continuous (60Mb/day of fm errors/warnings in /var/f...
- 09:44 PM Bug #320 (Resolved): remove /usr/has/bin/patch
- Fixed with 13229:178433b2c76a changeset
- 09:22 AM Bug #364: remove libplot
- This is in progress.
- 08:10 AM Feature #9 (Closed): Provide an open source implementation of spwr(7D)
- 10:08 PM Bug #381 (Closed): Fix Home,end,pgup,pgdw in terminfo for xterm
- Title says it all.
Upstream bug: https://defect.opensolaris.org/bz/show_bug.cgi?id=5574
Upstream patch: https:...
- 06:51 PM Bug #380 (Closed): SPARC: n2rng requires fips header removed in 294b1fe4bc7f
- When $SRC/common/crypto/fips/* was removed as part of the open kcfd changeset (294b1fe4bc7f) it broke n2rng which req...
- 06:45 PM Bug #377 (Resolved): removal of perl 5.8.4
- Perl 5.8.4 oughtn't be delivered by Illumos, it is a distribution-level problem
- 11:13 AM Bug #369 (Resolved): build complaints (packaging mismatches) due to xpg4sh
- Fixed in 13227:6f4345d35518.
- 04:37 AM Feature #374: cron should send more useful mail
- new webrev: http://cr.illumos.org/view/bshjfk9z/
crontab now supports entries like this:...
- 02:14 AM Feature #374: cron should send more useful mail
- webrev: http://cr.illumos.org/view/dwgyf8j8/webrev-374-cron-subject/
- 12:50 AM Feature #374 (Resolved): cron should send more useful mail
- I think we should replace the ancient and unhelpful:...
- 02:00 PM Bug #365: network stack hangs on heavy IO
- Hi Garret,
the machine has been tested (on linux) by the vendor for about a week before the shipment, so the hardwar...
- 11:21 AM Bug #365: network stack hangs on heavy IO
- If you can provide precise steps to reproduce, then I can begin the work to analyze it further.
I'm not entirely s...
- 11:18 AM Feature #370: would like an open ipmi baseboard driver
- The bmc code, btw, is horribly, terribly broken at Oracle. I've seen the code, and its very fragile due to misuse of...
- 11:00 PM Bug #371 (Closed): pkg:/network/ftp should not contain /usr/sbin/ping
- SUNWbip (Basic IP utilities) has only contained /usr/bin/ftp and /usr/sbin/ping for some time. It was renamed to pkg...
- 10:00 PM Feature #370 (Resolved): would like an open ipmi baseboard driver
- The Solaris bmc(7D) baseboard management driver is closed and not redistributable. An open source replacement would ...
- 09:05 PM Bug #369 (Resolved): build complaints (packaging mismatches) due to xpg4sh
- Some complaints about protocmp stem from incorrectly mismatched proto and manifests. (Problem arose from reusing a w...
- 09:02 PM Bug #368 (Resolved): snmpdx is obsolete and neesd to go
- snmpdx, libssagent, libssasnmp, and mibiisa are all <i>obsolete</i> components of the Solstice Enterprise Agent, used...
- 05:16 PM Bug #128 (In Progress): Splash image /boot/solaris.xpm file not found error stops the boot process
- I backed out your change, as it was incomplete (shame on me for not catching this during code review) -- you failed t...
- 01:41 AM Bug #128 (Resolved): Splash image /boot/solaris.xpm file not found error stops the boot process
- 09:12 AM Bug #364: remove libplot
- Links to referenced PSARC cases
- 12:33 AM Bug #364 (Resolved): remove libplot
- The implementation we have in illumos-gate of libplot is horribly, horribly bitrotted. To the point where its both h...
- 08:22 AM Bug #365 (Closed): network stack hangs on heavy IO
- While doing some heavy file transfers via nfs or cifs the network hangs and the machine eventually becomes totally no...
- 03:53 AM Bug #363: kbdcomp should be removed
- Fix implemented, removed line:...
- 01:41 AM Bug #363 (In Progress): kbdcomp should be removed
- 12:18 AM Bug #363 (Resolved): kbdcomp should be removed
- This is an undocumented, and from what I can tell, totally unused, program left over from a very much older keyboard ...
- 12:15 AM Bug #362 (Resolved): move xpg4 hardlinks to symlinks, and adjust packaging
- Fixed in 13223:ea8e8bad6650
- 12:15 AM Bug #361 (Resolved): xpg4/sh busted
- Fixed in 13223:ea8e8bad6650
- 12:12 AM Bug #358 (Resolved): the prototype CDDL header needs minor grammar fixes
- Fixed in 13222:02526851ba75
- 12:11 AM Bug #357 (Resolved): fix license on strptime.c
- Fixed in 13222:02526851ba75
- 09:44 PM Bug #361: xpg4/sh busted
- So it turns out that isaexec does the right thing with a symlink instead of a hardlink. So /usr/xpg4/bin/sh needs to...
- 09:16 PM Bug #361 (Resolved): xpg4/sh busted
- Due to a regression caused by my recent integration of xpg4/sh links. I found that explicit calls to xpg4/bin/sh fail...
- 09:17 PM Bug #362 (Resolved): move xpg4 hardlinks to symlinks, and adjust packaging
- xpg4 hard links in SUNWcsr was, in retrospect, a mistake. We should move these back to the xopen compatibility packa...
- 02:15 PM Bug #360 (Resolved): some modules have bogus module dependencies
- sockpfp inserts a NEEDED entry for 'src/ip', which doesn't exist.
It survives this because it's remarkably hard to g...
- 11:11 AM Bug #249: cpu powermanagement does not work
- Albert Lee wrote:
> This is puzzling, can you provide the @kstat -m cpu_info@ from b134 for comparism?
- 09:15 AM Bug #357: fix license on strptime.c
- Redmine messed up with the formatting, and I don't see how to fix it. Here's a try at the actual properly formatted ...
- 09:08 AM Bug #357 (Resolved): fix license on strptime.c
- I contacted the original copyright holder of strptime.c, about updating his 4 clause license to reflect modern times ...
- 09:11 AM Bug #358 (Resolved): the prototype CDDL header needs minor grammar fixes
- The original prototype has two grammar problems, the fixes for which (for just one file) are listed below.
- 11:40 PM Bug #354 (Resolved): need an open od(1)
- I integrated this change as r13221:879ee5195278
- 11:28 PM Feature #356 (Resolved): tar command needs to add the "J" switch and XZ compression support
- The GNU tar command has added the capital "J" switch for XZ (LZMA2) compression support.
illumos tar needs to incorp...
Also available in: Atom