From 2010-11-11 to 2010-12-10
- 02:22 PM Bug #500 (New): set-uid script with -p in magic number gets Exec format error
- [Originally filed as http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6934836]
The following script, when ...
- 02:09 PM Bug #499 (New): "interrupted system call" when using "tee" builtin in ksh
- The following ksh testcase...
-- snip --
rm -f 'pipe'
mknod 'pipe' p
(sleep 4; cat pipe) &
- 01:39 PM Bug #497 (New): Accessing indexed arrays via a[i] (instead of ar[$i]) may lead to use of |strcpy()| with overlapping src and dest
- The following ksh testcase creates a |strcpy()| call which may lead to undefined behaviour on some platforms.
- 07:38 AM Bug #436 (In Progress): webrev URLs need updated
- Resolved in 4f23f0abcff2
- 06:36 AM Bug #432: Memory leak in smbd/libsmb smb_idmap_getsid
- I should mention that fix verification for this issue is not simple.
We actually verified the fix at a customer that...
- 02:31 AM Bug #494: ssh depends on missing UTF-8 iconv data
- I think SSH depends on these packages:
At least installing these...
- 01:47 AM Bug #494 (Closed): ssh depends on missing UTF-8 iconv data
- libssh depends on UTF-8 iconv data which not available in illumos :
- 10:41 PM Feature #474: tcp_strong_iss should be 2 instead of 1
- I split the rpc/bind issue to #490, as these really aren't related.
- 10:04 PM Feature #474: tcp_strong_iss should be 2 instead of 1
- That page is *beautiful*, thank you for finding it. However, it seems to show that the algorithm used for @tcp_strong...
- 10:38 PM Bug #490: [SEC] Nmap finds "Open Ports"
- Split from #474.
- 10:36 PM Bug #490 (New): [SEC] Nmap finds "Open Ports"
- I found at least two related security issues:
2. Nmap finds open ports:
# nmap -sS -sU -T4 -O -A -v -v -...
- 07:32 PM Bug #433 (Rejected): pargs truncates arguments containing '=' characters
- Sorry, ssh was modifying its @argv@ contents. Thanks, Chris and Alan!
- 04:30 PM Bug #434: kernel crash dump on comstar iscsit
- two crashs log on nexenta:
two on openindiana
- 11:55 AM Bug #434: kernel crash dump on comstar iscsit
- Generally, when filing bugs that include a kernel crash, if possible I'd like a stack backtrace of the bug.
- 02:28 PM Bug #298 (Resolved): SPARC build fails in smt_pause.o
- Committed in 13255:4afa820d78b9
- 02:27 PM Bug #478 (Resolved): Build needs fixing for pkgdepend flag day
- Committed in 13255:4afa820d78b9
- 11:21 AM Bug #478: Build needs fixing for pkgdepend flag day
- Flag day emails:
- 11:05 AM Bug #478: Build needs fixing for pkgdepend flag day
- More information is needed here. Can you supply more details please?
This kind of cross consolidation dependency ...
- 12:59 PM Feature #461: missing /etc/zfs/zpool.cache
- You're right, it's not related to illumos.
I deleted zpool.cache because of pool recovery, then manually importing ...
- 11:53 AM Feature #461: missing /etc/zfs/zpool.cache
- This isn't a very good bug report, since your reproduce steps don't demonstrate a real problem to me.
- 12:42 PM Feature #455: RFE: Add mapfile-vers to kernel modules
- Erm... Garrett, this bug is the "meta" bug to mark all other module-specific bugs as dependicy to this one to track s...
- 11:10 AM Feature #455: RFE: Add mapfile-vers to kernel modules
Not all kernel modules need mapfiles -- because they use static symbols and export properly only _init, _fini, and ...
- 11:12 AM Bug #458 (Rejected): 'beadm mount' needs improvements
- Not reproducible. There is something else wrong. This works fine for me on illumos:
% pfexec beadm mount b134 /m...
- 10:18 AM Bug #487 (Feedback): Unable to load configuration '/var/ldap/ldap_client_file' ('')
- If you use LDAP name service (ldap/client service) you will see this harmless (I hope) warning at boot time:...
- 06:48 AM Bug #344: su fails to check malloc's return value
- uploaded a webrev with the change:
up to you to validate (and accept?) it...
- 08:47 PM Bug #436: webrev URLs need updated
- It looks good to me. However, in the future (after #60 is done), line 3492 of webrev.sh will need the update of illum...
- 07:20 PM Bug #436: webrev URLs need updated
- Webrev is here: http://cr.opensolaris.org/~cjlove/webrev/.
Webrev was generated with the updated webrev, so the ...
- 06:32 PM Feature #456 (Closed): Bugtracker needs restricted group for security-relevant bugs
- Closing bug as it is tracked in site tracker. Updated dependencies of related bugs accordingly.
- 07:22 AM Feature #456: Bugtracker needs restricted group for security-relevant bugs
- Tracked in site by #463. (See #466 for why.)
- 06:03 PM Bug #478 (Resolved): Build needs fixing for pkgdepend flag day
- pkgdepend flag day for 153 breaks dependency resolution in IPS packages.
- 05:00 PM Bug #432 (Resolved): Memory leak in smbd/libsmb smb_idmap_getsid
- Pushed changeset: 13254:65ac809db5a8
- 11:12 AM Bug #432 (In Progress): Memory leak in smbd/libsmb smb_idmap_getsid
- This fix has been verified by the customer.
- 04:05 PM Feature #474: tcp_strong_iss should be 2 instead of 1
- PS: Set tcp_strong_iss=2 was approved here: http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4625629 , open...
- 03:57 PM Feature #474 (Closed): tcp_strong_iss should be 2 instead of 1
- I found at least two related security issues:
1. /usr/sbin/ndd -get /dev/tcp tcp_strong_iss
- 07:52 AM Bug #454: Fix Home,end,pgup,pgdw in terminfo for sun-color
- This should be resolved once #294 is completed.
- 07:49 AM Bug #457 (Closed): Bugtracker has no (easy to access) bug dependicies...
- This is tracked also in site bug #466. (As I was unaware of this bug prior, and I can't set this as a dependency of s...
- 05:59 AM Feature #461 (New): missing /etc/zfs/zpool.cache
- I guess it's a regression of removing python dependencies from ZFS.
Steps to reproduce:...
- 02:12 AM Bug #102: ldap/client does not work on 147
- In my case I used only svc:/network/physical:default unless somehow 'pkg image-update' enabled nwam service.
What I ...
- 06:05 PM Bug #298 (In Progress): SPARC build fails in smt_pause.o
- This apparently still has problems. Jon Tibble is working on a fix.
- 03:50 PM Bug #413 (Resolved): Memory corruption in regcmp(3c)
- 11:20 AM Bug #458 (Rejected): 'beadm mount' needs improvements
- When trying to mount a BE, you currently have to specify a path to an empty directory which does not end with a taili...
- 11:10 AM Bug #457: Bugtracker has no (easy to access) bug dependicies...
- Many of us are using redmine already. Immediate is for P1 drop everything and fix it *right now*. That's not this c...
- 10:35 AM Bug #457 (Closed): Bugtracker has no (easy to access) bug dependicies...
- [As discussed on IRC]
The current bugtracker has no easy way to handle bug dependicies. What I need to organise my w...
- 09:48 AM Feature #456 (Closed): Bugtracker needs restricted group for security-relevant bugs
- RFE: The Illumos bugtracker needs a restricted group for securits-relevant bugs, e.g. there needs to be a boolean fla...
- 09:20 AM Feature #455 (New): RFE: Add mapfile-vers to kernel modules
- RFE: The kernel should have mapfiles per module.
Basically this has the following goals:
- reduce the number of p...
- 07:48 AM Bug #102: ldap/client does not work on 147
- LDAP does work with nwam, albeit in an odd sort of way.
The "customer nsswitch file" I specified in the Location s...
- 07:12 AM Bug #102: ldap/client does not work on 147
- The issue is with the upgrade to b147 if you're using nwam, the LDAP client itself works fine on network/physical:def...
- 06:35 AM Bug #102 (Closed): ldap/client does not work on 147
- I'm closing this BUG because I'm not able to replicate the issue.
It was tested on:
- b145 non-debug
- b147 non-d...
- 01:32 AM Bug #454 (Closed): Fix Home,end,pgup,pgdw in terminfo for sun-color
- Adding kend, khome, knp, kpp mappings.
- 06:07 PM Bug #453 (Feedback): ZPOOL_CONFIG_ASHIFT not set correctly for drives with large sector size
seems to indicate that large secto...
- 03:48 PM Feature #450: RFE: Do a small illumos.sh cleanup
- For the log: I filed bug #452 ("/usr/@(|xpg4/|xpg6/)bin/getconf need to support NPROCESSORS_*") ...
- 02:39 PM Feature #450 (Resolved): RFE: Do a small illumos.sh cleanup
- RFE: Do a small illumos.sh cleanup. Currently illumos.sh generates a couple of warnngs when tested against ksh93 -n a...
- 03:47 PM Feature #452 (Resolved): getconf should support NPROCESSORS_*
- This came up during the discussion for bug #450:
/usr/@(|xpg4/|xpg6/)bin/getconf need to support the NPROCESSORS_* v...
- 09:42 PM Bug #449 (New): getopt_long_only(3c) return wrong value
- Copy of Opensolaris bug 6835846.
getopt_long_only() should be returning the option currently being processed, howe...
- 08:25 PM Bug #409 (Resolved): ls doesn't like -xstrconst
- 08:25 PM Bug #409: ls doesn't like -xstrconst
- Fixed by copying the string in 13252:660c760d3375.
- 08:21 PM Bug #440 (Resolved): fma ZFS scheme fails to consider hot-spares properly
- Fixed in f1dd13f1ef7d
- 07:12 PM Bug #342: Remove libntfs dependency on pkg:/library/gnome/gnome-vfs
- For the record, the GNOME VFS module is actually linked into the same object as the normal libntfs code, so it would ...
- 06:06 PM Bug #342 (Resolved): Remove libntfs dependency on pkg:/library/gnome/gnome-vfs
- Fixed in 13250:34250eb8d616.
- 03:42 PM Bug #443: auditset SMF not able to start in non-global zones
- This is a clone of #254 in case illumos goes with a different solution.
- 03:41 PM Bug #443 (Closed): auditset SMF not able to start in non-global zones
- This is a carry over from OpenSolaris/ON.
Inside a non-global zone, the auditset SMF fails to start. The original bu...
- 11:18 AM Bug #297 (Closed): SPARC build fails possibly due to 'Need open kcfd' changes
- This was fixed as part of 298. 664a5b7b18e3
- 08:34 AM Bug #412: Cannot delete file(s) on root zfs filesystem if disk is full
- If you are not using snapshots, or if the file is *unique*, then you can indeed remove it. (The reason you can't re...
- 05:47 PM Bug #440 (Resolved): fma ZFS scheme fails to consider hot-spares properly
- The FMRI scheme for ZFS fails to properly consider hot-spares, which means that an event occurring on a hot spare is ...
- 05:24 PM Bug #311: acpica components are using export restricted license
- Albert, please take a look at this... if we can legitimately obtain files from *somewhere else* (or generate them our...
- 05:21 PM Support #299 (Closed): (Error code: ssl_error_handshake_failure_alert)
- This was a dup of 289.
- 05:19 PM Feature #325 (Resolved): Need malaysian locale support
- Fixed in 93e476e940b6
- 05:17 PM Bug #439 (Closed): Need man page for timegm()
- A man page for timegm() is needed. The most logical place to do this is in the docs for mktime(), as timegm() is jus...
- 05:15 PM Bug #438 (Resolved): need documentation for strftime %s flag
- %s is new (output is time in UNIX seconds since the epoch), and needs to be included in the strftime man page.
- 05:08 PM Bug #317 (Resolved): strptime needs %Z support
- Fixed in abc9578d5a0e
- 01:31 AM Bug #430: zfs create -b and -o volblocksize produce inconsistent results
- -b is correct, -o volblocksize is incorrect. See bug #437
- 01:20 AM Bug #437 (New): zfs create -o volblocksize doesn't refreserve enough
- CR6429996, zvols don't reserve enough space for requisite meta data
was integrated into ON b132. If a zvol is create...
- 07:48 PM Feature #351: Khmer Unicode language Support.
- Sham: this should go as easily as the Malaysian support. The data file you need is km_KH.UTF-8.src.
That will onl...
- 07:35 PM Bug #317: strptime needs %Z support
- Test program attached...
- 07:35 PM Bug #317 (In Progress): strptime needs %Z support
- 05:11 PM Feature #374: cron should send more useful mail
- I'll unpick the lint stuff and turn that into a separate bug and make the new subject behaviour a toggle.
- 05:00 PM Feature #374: cron should send more useful mail
- I have reviewed the update, as well:
* I have no comments on the auditing stuff. That's not something I can offer ...
- 03:21 AM Feature #374: cron should send more useful mail
- I agree on configurability of the new subject format as being a good idea.
Also, there's been significant change s...
- 02:54 AM Feature #374: cron should send more useful mail
- I don't agree with changing the default cron subject so dramatically. It will almost surely cause almost every sysadm...
- 10:36 AM Bug #435 (Resolved): Need an open iprb(7d)
- 10:36 AM Bug #435: Need an open iprb(7d)
- New driver delivered in ed4997a098c7.
- 03:23 AM Feature #408: beep command needed
- I really really really see no need for this to be in Illumos proper. If a distro wishes to include a _beep_ command, ...
- 03:17 AM Bug #397: illumos cannot boot from a device with an EFI label
- Note that this will be required for booting from disks with greater than 2 ** 32 blocks, as that is the limit of the ...
- 06:56 PM Bug #413: Memory corruption in regcmp(3c)
- I'm wondering if source:usr/src/lib/libc/port/regex/regcmp.c#L173 should merely read @compile_startp = (char *)malloc...
- 06:36 PM Bug #381 (Closed): Fix Home,end,pgup,pgdw in terminfo for xterm
- Closed as a duplicate of bug #294
- 01:23 PM Bug #436 (Resolved): webrev URLs need updated
- webrev's output references OpenSolaris URLs, which are neither the "latest", or the correct version used for illumos....
- 12:55 PM Bug #162 (Rejected): zfs: scrub fails to complete, no disk activity
- So, this was crappy, failing hardware, and the driver doesn't support FMA.
I don't see a specific bug here, really...
- 09:11 AM Bug #435 (Resolved): Need an open iprb(7d)
- The existing Intel Pro/100B driver is (for annoying reasons) still closed source. I've written a new implementation ...
- 06:49 AM Feature #278 (Resolved): get rid zfs of python and pyzfs dependencies
- 03:46 PM Bug #430: zfs create -b and -o volblocksize produce inconsistent results
- yep different formula same result
50+50/65536*256 = ~50.2
- 02:04 PM Bug #430: zfs create -b and -o volblocksize produce inconsistent results
- Emmanuel Hocdet wrote:
> 50/512*(512+256) = 75
> 50/8192*(8192+256) = ~51.6
> if you try 64k
- 01:54 PM Bug #430: zfs create -b and -o volblocksize produce inconsistent results
50/512*(512+256) = 75
50/8192*(8192+256) = ~51.6
if you try 64k
50/65536*(65536+256) = ~50.2
- 12:38 PM Bug #430: zfs create -b and -o volblocksize produce inconsistent results
- This math also doesn't work right for other block sizes unless I'm doing it wrong.
That's 100GB for t...
- 12:16 PM Bug #430: zfs create -b and -o volblocksize produce inconsistent results
- Emmanuel Hocdet wrote:
> Volume refreservation would be size+size/volblocksize*checksum size(256)
> it's ok for -b
- 10:19 AM Bug #430: zfs create -b and -o volblocksize produce inconsistent results
- Volume refreservation would be size+size/volblocksize*checksum size(256)
it's ok for -b
but with -o volblocksize th...
- 03:33 PM Bug #434 (Resolved): kernel crash dump on comstar iscsit
- # for ((i=1; i<=64; i++)); do itadm create-target -n "iqn.1986-03.com.sun:02:$i"& done;
can crash kernel easily ...
- 11:56 AM Bug #433 (Rejected): pargs truncates arguments containing '=' characters
- @pargs@ terminates argument strings at '=' characters when printing, resulting in truncated strings in the output.
- 11:42 AM Bug #432: Memory leak in smbd/libsmb smb_idmap_getsid
- Testing this fix: (please review)
- 09:53 AM Bug #432: Memory leak in smbd/libsmb smb_idmap_getsid
- The idmap_get_mappings() function returns an array of structures containing
strings allocated by strdup(). The call...
- 09:50 AM Bug #432 (Resolved): Memory leak in smbd/libsmb smb_idmap_getsid
- This is badly exposed when using quotas, apparently.
Here's a sample ::findleaks -d output:
umem_alloc_56 leak: 2...
- 07:29 AM Bug #431 (New): cannot boot on tyan H2000m (s3992)
- I've tried to install oi_147, os_134 and S11 express without success.
The problems are the same as those reported on...
- 03:13 PM Bug #430 (New): zfs create -b and -o volblocksize produce inconsistent results
- libzfs fails to look for a string value for ZFS_PROP_VOLBLOCKSIZE in several places, so only -b should work correctly...
- 12:23 PM Bug #429 (Resolved): "iostat -E" does not report serial number...
- Running "iostat -E" gives you good information about the disk but the serial number field comes out as blank. Apparen...
- 09:07 PM Bug #423: speedstep cpupm called continuously on Dell Poweredge 2900
- Thank you very much. It seems to work fine in poll-mode. I greatly appreciate your help.
- 07:46 PM Bug #423: speedstep cpupm called continuously on Dell Poweredge 2900
- High CPU usage for CPU power management is caused by awful BIOSes telling the system to use I/O ports to request fre...
- 10:51 AM Bug #417: Stale OpenOwner entries are not reaped for active clients
- 11:45 AM Bug #409: ls doesn't like -xstrconst
- Webrev is available at: http://cr.illumos.org/view/140jqsh0/
- 02:52 AM Feature #408: beep command needed
- It may simplify porting scripts from Linuxes.
- 02:14 PM Bug #298 (Resolved): SPARC build fails in smt_pause.o
- Fixed in 664a5b7b18e3
- 02:13 PM Bug #424 (Resolved): svr4pkg should remove ALLOW_EXCEPTION_LIST_PKG
- Fixd in 24c98ecd58de
- 09:29 PM Bug #424 (Resolved): svr4pkg should remove ALLOW_EXCEPTION_LIST_PKG
- There is some more old cruft that should be cleaned up here. Yet another phase.
- 09:25 PM Bug #368 (Resolved): snmpdx is obsolete and neesd to go
- Fixed in: 259bb55df8a9
- 09:24 PM Bug #298: SPARC build fails in smt_pause.o
- I'm working on this now, along with other related build problems on SPARC. Stay tuned.
- 09:20 PM Bug #365 (Closed): network stack hangs on heavy IO
- The problem could indeed be the PCI slot.
In any case, this does not appear to be a software bug, but rather probl...
- 09:17 PM Bug #410 (Rejected): cannot find/execute 'sh' in ISA subdirectories
- This is not a bug ... unless you're using an older build of illumos with the xpg4 sh link problem. Any current versi...
- 09:15 PM Feature #408: beep command needed
- There are multiple ways to do this:
a) echo CTRL-G on a console terminal
b) audioplay <some file> pick any .wa...
- 08:01 PM Bug #423 (New): speedstep cpupm called continuously on Dell Poweredge 2900
- We have a Dell PowerEdge 2900 with two 80555K, Xenon Dempsey, 5050, LGA771, C1 Processors, giving us a total of eight...
- 10:24 AM Bug #306: Don't require external ast msgcc
- > In retrospect, I think the right answer is something different than proposed here: Specifically, we should
- 09:36 PM Bug #422 (Closed): vmxnet3s driver fails after compile from OpenIndiana
- Running an OpenIndiana ESXi VM with a 10GB vmxnet3 driver installed and operational. After the illumos compile and on...
- 04:53 PM Bug #30: Need iconv
- Garrett: Should I assign the bug to me ? I have prototype code floating around...
- 07:56 AM Bug #421 (Resolved): libpkg and libadm need to be lint clean
- Fixed in 35f707bf8b40.
- 07:55 AM Bug #420 (Resolved): remove patch (sparse package) support from svr4 pkg
- Fixed in 35f707bf8b40.
- 07:38 PM Bug #421 (Resolved): libpkg and libadm need to be lint clean
- These two libraries should be made lint clean, including fixing several errors that lint turns up in them.
- 07:33 PM Bug #420 (Resolved): remove patch (sparse package) support from svr4 pkg
- There is a bunch of cruft surrounding the SVR4 package support for Sun "sparse" packages (i.e. patch packages).
- 11:43 AM Feature #418 (In Progress): replace beadm by tbeadm with gettext support
- 10:40 AM Feature #418 (Resolved): replace beadm by tbeadm with gettext support
- this issue is part of big "getting rid of python dependency" task.
beadm is using python. tbeadm is C replacement fo...
- 11:10 AM Bug #419 (Resolved): zpool/zfs incosistencies inside a non-global zone
- Once a zone is installed, the zone shows the pool and fs of the zonepath. After a reboot, they disappear. This is on ...
- 09:54 AM Bug #417 (Resolved): Stale OpenOwner entries are not reaped for active clients
- This is a mirror of _6976554 Stale OpenOwner entries are not reaped for active clients_ (http://bugs.opensolaris.org/...
- 06:42 AM Bug #416 (Resolved): iscsit responses truncated to 1 PDU
- When you create many iSCSI targets (more than 70 in my case) with itadm the iscsi linux initiator. The linux initiato...
- 09:36 AM Bug #412: Cannot delete file(s) on root zfs filesystem if disk is full
- This is often not a problem per se. I've hit the situation a number of times, and it was usually related to snapshots...
- 09:00 AM Bug #413: Memory corruption in regcmp(3c)
- I discovered a small error in the enclosed source file, the call to regcmp(3c) should end with a NULL argument. A cor...
- 08:40 AM Bug #413 (Resolved): Memory corruption in regcmp(3c)
- When regcmp(3c) is called with a single non-special character three bytes get
allocated for the return value, but a ...
- 11:15 PM Bug #412 (Feedback): Cannot delete file(s) on root zfs filesystem if disk is full
- When the root zfs filesystem is full, you cannot delete file(s) because of a device full error.
Thus, you cannot fix...
- 10:20 AM Feature #411 (New): zfs should support globs
- It should be possible to do:...
- 09:25 AM Bug #410: cannot find/execute 'sh' in ISA subdirectories
- looks like 'sh' is taken from /usr/xpg4/bin/i86 (truss helped me figure it out)
However the ARCH specific dir is abs...
Also available in: Atom