From 2012-11-05 to 2012-12-04
- 08:53 PM Bug #3397 (Resolved): zdb <pool> <objnum> output is too verbose
- Resolved in e690fb2
- 04:05 AM Bug #3397 (Resolved): zdb <pool> <objnum> output is too verbose
- 08:53 PM Bug #3398 (Resolved): zdb can't dump feature flags zap objects
- Resolved in e690fb2
- 04:06 AM Bug #3398 (Resolved): zdb can't dump feature flags zap objects
- 07:48 PM Bug #3337 (Resolved): x64 link-editor is painfully literal-minded about TLS
- Resolved in 49f9b36
- 03:48 PM Bug #3354 (In Progress): kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- 12:56 PM Bug #3396: new psrinfo does not print socket type
- webrev: http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/hans/illumos-3396-webrev/
- 10:51 PM Bug #3396 (Resolved): new psrinfo does not print socket type
- The original psrinfo would print the socket type on CPUs where that information was available:...
- 05:09 PM Bug #3354 (Feedback): kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- Please try to reproduce the issue with kmem_flags=0xf. Please read http://illumos.org/books/mdb/kmem-1.html for more ...
- 05:29 PM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- 05:04 PM Bug #3380 (In Progress): zfs man page: documentation for zfs allow is confusing
- 05:03 PM Bug #3371 (In Progress): dumpadm -z is not documented in manpage
- 03:52 PM Bug #3381 (In Progress): webrev: The latest version may be obtained here.
- The correct url is http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/tools/scripts/webrev.sh
- 10:37 PM Bug #3385 (In Progress): The cdrw manpage should mention ISO, not High Sierra
- Since the ISO 9660 replaced the High Sierra Format long time ago (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660) it is de...
- 09:42 PM Bug #3378 (In Progress): cdrw is unable to write some ISO images
- 09:32 PM Bug #3378: cdrw is unable to write some ISO images
- Steps to reproduce the issue:...
- 03:30 PM Feature #3394 (Resolved): combine /usr/bin/df and /usr/xpg4/bin/df
- commit 90a1a13596fed05f78bee9f85d396628cc310803
Author: Paul B. Henson <email@example.com>
Date: Fri Nov 30 06:41:32...
- 03:30 PM Feature #3327 (Resolved): Add -m flag to df
- commit 790c646ca492120e08144b01daf49e7e5a27d60d
Author: Paul B. Henson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Nov 30 06:26:32...
- 04:30 PM Feature #1532: Long-term kernel-resident processes need a way to play fair
- Almost certainly, yes.
- 04:44 AM Feature #1532: Long-term kernel-resident processes need a way to play fair
Any update on this? Is Joyent's kpreemptpri setting stable enough to use here?
- 10:12 AM Bug #1087: Unable to connect to the CIFS server using \\servername.fqdn
- This issue still appears in OpenIndianna 151A7 (unless I'm missing anything) - does anyone know if Nexenta have yet c...
- 08:49 AM Bug #1983: sshd problems
i was also very unhappy with slow response. Also spent hours looking for solution.
I have 2 OI_151a7 instal...
- 12:23 AM Bug #3391: ZFS: kernel panic running "zfs diff" on oi_151a5
- I tested the same workload which crashed oi151a5 within the first run on oi151a3: it works there. I run the workload ...
- 12:06 AM Feature #3395 (New): add /etc/profile.d and /etc/.login.d
- Many unix-based distributions include a mechanism where the /etc/profile and /etc/.login initialization scripts sourc...
- 12:01 AM Feature #3394 (Resolved): combine /usr/bin/df and /usr/xpg4/bin/df
- Per Garrett D'Amore:
Looking at the code, it appears that the only differences for XPG4 in the command are:
- 04:26 PM Feature #3372: ZFS tunable: Induce delays between access to same locations in component disks of a Top-Level VDEV
- I think this won't work. The zpool - in case of an "external event" won't be in a stable condition anyway as those wr...
- 12:18 PM Bug #3391: ZFS: kernel panic running "zfs diff" on oi_151a5
- I have a coredump and can create any number of new ones (with whatever dump infos needed), but I need a place to uplo...
- 12:12 PM Bug #3391 (New): ZFS: kernel panic running "zfs diff" on oi_151a5
- OI 151a5 crashes reproducible during zfs diff while 151a did not.
it is not crashing on the first zfs diff call - ...
- 05:58 PM Feature #3236: zio nop-write
- Martin Matuška wrote:
> Why does this functionality require enabled dataset compression? Thanks.
If compression i...
- 09:40 AM Feature #3236: zio nop-write
- Why does this functionality require enabled dataset compression? Thanks.
- 01:43 PM Bug #3390 (New): /usr/demo/dtrace/tcprst.d is outdated
- dtrace: failed to compile script /usr/demo/dtrace/tcprst.d: line 98: tcpu_ports is not a member of union
- 10:44 AM Bug #3389: nfsv3: UDP server sends packets with wrong Source IP in header
- kernel stack when sends data to a client:...
- 10:42 AM Bug #3389: nfsv3: UDP server sends packets with wrong Source IP in header
- client1: 184.108.40.206/8
server: ip-1: 220.127.116.11/8
- 10:40 AM Bug #3389 (New): nfsv3: UDP server sends packets with wrong Source IP in header
- If two nfs clients are from different subnetworks and connects to a server via UDP,
one of client (Linux) gets state...
- 02:34 AM Bug #3245 (Resolved): in.ndp daemon should not be session leader
- Resolved in 176dc72
- 10:37 PM Feature #3355 (Closed): xargs should support -0
- 10:36 PM Feature #672 (In Progress): xargs doesn't support -0
- 10:36 PM Feature #672: xargs doesn't support -0
- I've made some substantial fixes to xargs.. The existing code was unreadable. I believe my changes are a bit improve...
- 03:23 PM Bug #3387 (New): Nvidia MCP67 driver detection and MAC address reversal
- I ran into pretty much the exact same issue as detailed on this web page: [[http://fluxsmith.blogspot.com/2010/04/op...
- 02:59 AM Bug #3386 (Closed): ld(1) should document -z symbol-cap
- Yet another feature that fell into the manual page gap.
- 07:15 PM Feature #2338: ND RDNSS IPv6 support
- Milan Jurik wrote:
> Why is something like nscfg needed here?
/lib/svc/manifest/network/routing/ndp.xml will be e...
- 01:14 PM Bug #3385 (Resolved): The cdrw manpage should mention ISO, not High Sierra
- 11:45 AM Bug #3384 (New): lookup_raw_kstat_fn terminates module names ending with digits too early
- lookup_raw_kstat_fn("test123", "test123") should return "test:test" the current version returns "test". This needs to...
- 09:24 PM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- Those patches look correct to me (presuming include order is correct, some things are fussy about sysmacros.h).
- 08:11 PM Bug #3382 (New): Assembler wrapper (aw) should pass all -D and -U options to preprocessor
- Assembler wrapper (aw) begins dispatching -D and -U options only after encountering the -P option:...
- 07:39 PM Bug #3381 (Resolved): webrev: The latest version may be obtained here.
- "The latest version may be obtained here." points to non-existing URL http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-open...
- 11:40 AM Bug #3380 (Resolved): zfs man page: documentation for zfs allow is confusing
- 11:24 AM Bug #3379 (Resolved): Duplicate assignment in uts/common/cpr/cpr_stat.c
- 10:53 AM Bug #3296: Assertion failed in function zpool_in_use
- Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this issue.
Zpool data1 was recreated since then, but I have a history for th...
- 10:48 PM Bug #3378 (Resolved): cdrw is unable to write some ISO images
- I tried to burn a (Windows) recovery DVD for my T520, but the cdrw failed. cdrecord worked correctly....
- 05:22 AM Bug #3374: usage of 'dladm' does not match to its man page
- 12:14 AM Feature #3254 (Resolved): add support in zfs for aclmode=restricted
- Resolved in 71dbfc2
- 10:34 PM Bug #3375: /usr/lib/sysevent/syseventd dumps core
- Cannot attach core file, server will not accept 2.6M file.
- 10:33 PM Bug #3375 (Closed): /usr/lib/sysevent/syseventd dumps core
- I have one system for which syseventd is dumping core.
It is running oi_151a4
I have attached said core file.
- 08:45 PM Bug #3374 (New): usage of 'dladm' does not match to its man page
- 02:58 PM Bug #3062: illumos should build/work with GCC 4.6 or newer
- For what it's worth, I pushed a branch for the work-in-progress update to our GCC, which you should not use for any o...
- 02:53 PM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- GCC does not use it's own stddef.h while building illumos.
Also, as I said, a whole lot of things we compile don't...
- 11:03 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
> have to update file too:
GCC uses its own stddef.h
- 09:31 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- have to update file too:
- 09:02 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- Maybe test for GCC version as well:...
- 04:14 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- The hard part about fixing it properly, is dealing with the fact we have way way too many offsetof definitions.
- 03:21 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- This doesn't look like a "bug", more likely a "feature". Please provide patches to fix it.
- 10:43 PM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- Yeah, you need to use builtin_offsetof for this.
You'll also need to fix the use in Xen to be _actually_ constant,...
- 08:15 PM Bug #3373 (Closed): gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- In UTS sources offsetof() is defined as...
- 12:41 PM Feature #3372: ZFS tunable: Induce delays between access to same locations in component disks of a Top-Level VDEV
- An additional consideration: by design, this feature adds to latency on singular raidzN reads (sectors at similar off...
- 11:51 AM Feature #3372 (New): ZFS tunable: Induce delays between access to same locations in component disks of a Top-Level VDEV
- While discussing my older problem with appearance of unrecoverable errors on a 6-disk raidz2 pool, one of the most li...
- 09:44 PM Bug #3336: ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
- for information, two other cases of this as noted in the above github issue.
This time with gcc 4.7.2 (and gcc-java)...
- 07:40 PM Bug #3371 (Resolved): dumpadm -z is not documented in manpage
- The -z option for dumpadm is not documented in manpage....
- 06:51 PM Bug #3368 (Closed): NFSv4 and slow OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2) Client
--ZFS pool shared over NFS
--LDAP setup for users and groups (working)
- 09:34 PM Feature #3364 (Resolved): dboot should check boot archive integrity
- For a variety of reasons including machine-specific firmware bugs, bootloader bugs, or simple administrative error, i...
- 11:32 AM Bug #3263: link.h should work in a largefile environment
- The common problem of illumos sources is mixing macro and structure definitions with functions. Examples are @sys/nvp...
- 02:48 AM Bug #3343 (Closed): maximum zfs string property length bogusly checked
- For what it's worth, in my testing we didn't actually (I don't think) go off-by-one and panic when crossing 8K
- 02:40 AM Bug #3343: maximum zfs string property length bogusly checked
- This is more or less a duplicate of #3097.
- 02:35 AM Feature #3142: SMB truncation issue - downgrade log message
- Arvind Dalvi wrote:
> Hello Felix,
> I tried reproducing issue on SmartOS using http://www.perkin.org.uk/posts/...
- 09:16 PM Bug #3363 (Closed): Mark non-returning functions in ctftools
- This trivial patch marks the two non-returning function definitions terminate() and aborterr() in ctftools.h as non-r...
- 05:34 PM Bug #3361: ipadm needs a man page
- Duplicate of #815.
- 05:31 AM Bug #3361 (Closed): ipadm needs a man page
- There is no documentation for ipadm. The Oracle page is sadly not released to the public.
- 05:33 PM Bug #3087: libuuid has a lot of dependencies
- > A probably *better* way to generate these would be to take the SMBIOS UUID information, and parse out the ethernet...
- 12:24 PM Bug #3087: libuuid has a lot of dependencies
- Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Actually reading libuuid, ...
> A probably *better* way to generate these would be ...
- 05:52 AM Bug #3087: libuuid has a lot of dependencies
- Actually reading libuuid, it tries to get the ethernet address via *arp* first. Which is far better.
- 05:44 AM Bug #3087: libuuid has a lot of dependencies
- libdlpi is probably trying to do "pure" DLPI. Which is actually a pretty evil way of getting MAC addresses... its ol...
- 05:32 PM Bug #3362: ipadm needs to support ipmp
- Duplicate of #1776 and #2554.
- 05:32 AM Bug #3362 (Closed): ipadm needs to support ipmp
- IP multipathing administration is the one reason that ifconfig still *must* be used in some instances.
- 05:31 PM Feature #3355: xargs should support -0
- This looks like a duplicate of #672.
- 05:09 AM Feature #3355 (Closed): xargs should support -0
- When using find with -print0, we would like to be able to combine it with xargs.
This is useful when processing di...
- 09:18 AM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- Here is a link to vdump.0 (1.4Gb, should do it):
- 08:01 AM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- Like this?
echo '$C' | mdb 0
ffffff000da968c0 rmm_wput+0x1a(ffffff02a1b92138, ffffff029a1269e0)
- 06:37 AM Bug #3348: zlogin -C vs zlogin and directory names
- Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> I think this is a bash problem. It would be useful to printenv both in the GZ and in the l...
- 05:17 AM Bug #3348: zlogin -C vs zlogin and directory names
- I think this is a bash problem. It would be useful to printenv both in the GZ and in the local zone, so we can check...
- 05:34 AM Feature #3309: Spare qualification
- We can probably borrow the logic for this form Nexenta. I wrote just such a verifier for them, and its in their open...
- 05:29 AM Bug #3360 (Closed): hostid service makes pointless use of perl
- Closed as dup. Sorry.
- 05:28 AM Bug #3360 (Closed): hostid service makes pointless use of perl
- The hostid service that writes into /etc/hostid (using a bizarro rot-47 algorithm) makes use of perl to do the transf...
- 05:26 AM Bug #3359 (Resolved): hostid generation should be more "predictable"
- hostids are re-generated on the fly whenever an x86 system boots but lacks an /etc/hostid file. (For sparc they are ...
- 05:20 AM Bug #3358 (New): mac antispoof protection fails for IPv6 link local addresses
- The anti-spoof provisions in the mac layer do not grok link-local addresses properly, and so it is not possible to bu...
- 05:19 AM Bug #3357 (Resolved): Desire -Q to make zlogin "quieter"
- It turns out that zlogin is pretty verbose. There are times when we want to use it to redirect a user to a login in ...
- 05:11 AM Bug #3356 (Resolved): xargs needlessly duplicates stdio buffering
- For reasons that are unfathomable to me, xargs seems to have its own limited implementation of getchar() and company....
- 12:59 AM Feature #3236 (Closed): zio nop-write
- 12:59 AM Bug #3349 (Closed): zpool upgrade -V bumps the on disk version number, but leaves the in core version
- 06:15 PM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- It'd be good to see the stack trace
($C in mdb) also, and possibly to make the crash dump available somehow as well.
- 04:53 PM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- echo '::status' | mdb 0
debugging crash dump vmcore.0 (64-bit) from wertach
operating system: 5.11 oi_151a7 (i86p...
- 04:46 PM Bug #3354 (Closed): kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- Dear team,
we received a kernel panic, assuming that the following messages of /var/adm/messages are relevant:
- 04:33 PM Bug #2783: /usr/bin/users, /usr/bin/who and /usr/bin/w don't seem to find all users correctly
- There are two different issues covered here. The first is that the vnc session owned by sonia seems to have disappea...
- 04:24 PM Bug #3353: /usr/xpg4/bin/fgrep not compliant with /usr/bin/fgrep nor /usr/gnu/bin/fgrep
- @rm -rf /usr/xpg4@
- 06:59 AM Bug #3353 (Feedback): /usr/xpg4/bin/fgrep not compliant with /usr/bin/fgrep nor /usr/gnu/bin/fgrep
- naughty bug encountered with /usr/xpg4/bin/fgrep
please see https://github.com/joyent/pkgsrc/issues/21#issuecomment-...
- 02:57 AM Feature #3352 (Resolved): would like 64bit install libraries
- It would be useful to have 64bit libraries for the installer, to make life easier on people, like OmniOS, who wish to...
- 02:42 AM Bug #3305: smbfs mount shows password
- Right. Another work-around is to put the password in $HOME/.nsmbrc
- 09:13 AM Bug #993: Marvell SATA controller 88SE9128 - driver issue?
- I just want to chime in that I have the same issue as multiple people explain on http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Mothe...
- 11:12 PM Bug #3308 (Resolved): ipmi.h causes SPARC build noise
- Resolved in e4942d4
- 11:12 PM Bug #3272 (Resolved): findunref should support git
- Resolved in 1b1e41d
- 07:32 PM Feature #3310 (Resolved): root CA certs should be removed from illumos-gate
- Integrated in:
Author: Paul B. Henson <email@example.com>
- 06:08 PM Bug #3344 (Resolved): splashimage needs to be updated with "new" logo
- Resolved in:
Author: Garrett D'Amore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 06:01 PM Bug #3348: zlogin -C vs zlogin and directory names
- strange, modified my shell *in the zone* from /usr/bin/bash to /usr/xpg4/bin/sh for pkgsrc purposes and just happened...
- 02:29 PM Bug #3348 (New): zlogin -C vs zlogin and directory names
- running oi_151a7, just happened to notice a strange anomaly with zlogin (as opposed to zlogin -C).
In the french loc...
- 05:58 PM Bug #3349 (Closed): zpool upgrade -V bumps the on disk version number, but leaves the in core version
- From John Kennedy's original bug report at Delphix:...
- 04:36 PM Bug #3289: zfs panic when sending replication stream
- Maybe the core dump problem is related to:
You could try putting that workaroun...
- 04:19 PM Feature #3335 (Closed): make SYNC_PASS_* constants tunable
- 04:19 PM Bug #3331 (Closed): deferred frees should happen after sync_pass 1
- 04:19 PM Bug #3330 (Closed): space_seg_t should have its own kmem_cache
- 04:18 PM Bug #3329 (Closed): spa_sync() spends 10-20% of its time in spa_free_sync_cb()
- 02:56 PM Bug #1097: glob(3c) needs to support non-POSIX options
- I've updated the two diff files slightly.
- 01:46 AM Feature #3178 (Resolved): Support for LSI 2208 chipset in mr_sas
- Resolved in 2ffc8bc
- 09:32 PM Bug #3341: The sftp command should use the native glob()
- This turned out to be pretty easy to do. The only complication was that I had to remove glob.h from the ssh source. ...
- 11:45 AM Bug #3305: smbfs mount shows password
- A quick workaround until this reaches the distributions is to specify the
user/password information persistently wit...
- 09:54 PM Bug #3314 (Resolved): disable multi-threaded dump until it can be removed
- Resolved in c523716
- 09:30 PM Bug #3339 (Resolved): vmware e1000 emulation does not support multiple mac addresses
- Fixed in:
Author: Garrett D'Amore <email@example.com>
- 08:03 PM Bug #3347 (Closed): zonecfg(1M) is confused about selection
- 07:49 PM Bug #2897: "zpool split" documentation missing from manpage
- Yes, I can confirm 'zpool split' works. I run an virtualized OI SAN and the root pool is on a vmware vmdk, but I back...
- 07:39 PM Feature #3310: root CA certs should be removed from illumos-gate
- Attached are two tarballs of the certificates removed from illumos-gate by this issue. crypto-ca-certificates.tgz con...
- 06:24 PM Bug #3320: ZFS: kernel panic running "zfs diff" on oi_151a7
- Are you willing/able to provide a crash dump for this failure? It's hard to tell from the information provided what c...
- 02:42 PM Feature #390: bge driver need to support Broadcom BCM5784M chipset
- I managed to get it complied but it still won't recognize my NIC & when I attached the driver or attempt to plumb it ...
- 01:25 PM Feature #390: bge driver need to support Broadcom BCM5784M chipset
- Attempting to build the fix posted above fails with: http://pastebin.com/PPT8jK0W
- 02:33 PM Bug #3289: zfs panic when sending replication stream
- I understand that you need more information, and I would be happy to provide it, but I need some help in order to do ...
- 06:54 AM Bug #3346 (Closed): svc-hostid uses perl stupidly
- The svc-hostid script uses a crazy perl script to perform its calculation of ROT-47. (The /etc/hostid file is ROT-47...
- 11:44 PM Bug #3344 (Resolved): splashimage needs to be updated with "new" logo
- Both the grub splash.xpm.gz and the splashimage file used for graphical boot need to be updated to reflect illumos' n...
- 10:57 PM Bug #3296: Assertion failed in function zpool_in_use
- Do you know what c2t50015179594D675Fd0 was used for before you tried to add it to the pool.
What does 'zdb -l /dev...
- 10:43 PM Bug #3289: zfs panic when sending replication stream
- I can't seem to get your video to display the stack trace in a readable way (it's blurry). The panic message only con...
- 06:23 PM Bug #3340: BGE driver not forwading data to system
- This may be resolved by the changes for #390.
- 06:17 PM Feature #390: bge driver need to support Broadcom BCM5784M chipset
- rmustacc merged the fix for this issue as well as #3056: https://github.com/joyent/illumos-joyent/commit/6ab6198a2608...
- 03:05 PM Feature #3142: SMB truncation issue - downgrade log message
- Hello Felix,
I tried reproducing issue on SmartOS using http://www.perkin.org.uk/posts/setting-up-samba-on-smartos...
- 12:42 AM Support #3295 (Rejected): How to set up a Chinese character set in smartOS machine: zh_CN.gbk
- To do this on SmartOS, you'll need help from the SmartOS folks.
If setting your locale doesn't work, you should fi...
- 12:35 AM Support #3295: How to set up a Chinese character set in smartOS machine: zh_CN.gbk
- Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> There is no GBK. You can use zh_CN.GB18030. You need to install locale/zh_cn-extra first,...
- 12:22 AM Bug #3343 (Closed): maximum zfs string property length bogusly checked
Also available in: Atom