From 2012-11-14 to 2012-12-13
- 10:12 PM Feature #3400: ZFS: recursive mounts (via "zfs mount")
- I think Delphix has this already, I'll look in to it.
- 09:08 PM Bug #3418 (New): DTrace may leave spurious breakpoints in user processes
- A SmartOS user debugging a separate problem with that system discovered that his devfsadmd had dumped core at some po...
- 08:16 PM Bug #995: boot message: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random
- After discussing with danmcd, following the pattern established in kcpc, the use of an atomic prevents any possibilit...
- 06:35 AM Bug #995: boot message: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random
- Per Gordon's request:
The problem is that there are two entry points here that cause the check, and timing can deter...
- 07:32 PM Bug #3417 (Resolved): mdb disassembler confuses rdtscp for invlpg
- When disassembling the rdtscp instruction mdb shows it as invlpg....
- 06:33 PM Feature #3416 (Resolved): Need disassembler support for rdrand and f16c
- As a part of the new Ivy Bridge architecture extensions we need to add support to the disassembler for the f16c and r...
- 06:31 PM Feature #3415 (Resolved): Add isainfo support for f16c and rdrand
- Intel Ivy Bridge adds support for two new architecture extensions. The first is the F16C series of half precision flo...
- 06:29 PM Feature #3414 (Resolved): Need a new word of AT_SUN_HWCAP bits
- We have filled up the first word of AT_SUN_HWCAP bits on x86. This means that we need to plumb up the second word. Th...
- 06:27 PM Bug #3413 (Resolved): isainfo -v overflows 80 columns
- Under certain circumstances, "isainfo -v" can overflow 80 columns. e.g.:...
- 05:56 PM Bug #1723: apix module mistakingly sets TPR
- The task priority register (TPR) register on x86 is a part of the local apic and x2apic where by you can set a value ...
- 03:30 AM Bug #3099: AMD hudson D3 AHCI support
- http://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2012-August/001593.html has a error, AMD AHCI vendor id is 0x1022, 0x1002 is ...
- 05:06 PM Bug #3412 (Resolved): The ascii art in nfs4.h needs update
- The ascii art in the nfs4.h needs to be updated. For example the rfs4_client_t does not contain a list of rfs4_deleg_...
- 01:47 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- Julien Gueytat wrote:
> Ok I began to play with DTrace. I think I can handle some debug myself but I need to underst...
- 01:41 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- Ok I began to play with DTrace. I think I can handle some debug myself but I need to understand the driver sources to...
- 09:10 AM Bug #995: boot message: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random
- I have a fix.
- 04:32 AM Bug #3410: ld(1) should possibly not allow -F and non-mapfile input files
- We actually use this to build libsys, so that would have to change too
- 10:46 PM Bug #3411 (In Progress): We can save 4 bytes in the rfs4_dbe struct
- The rfs4_dbe structure is defined as follows:...
- 05:51 PM Bug #3410 (New): ld(1) should possibly not allow -F and non-mapfile input files
- ld currently allows one to do...
- 10:16 PM Bug #3396 (Resolved): new psrinfo does not print socket type
- Resolved in 48ac0ed
- 02:54 PM Bug #1097: glob(3c) needs to support non-POSIX options
- The BSD-derived glob() had no support for international character sets. It stored 8-bit characters and flag bits wit...
- 01:31 PM Feature #3409 (In Progress): mdb: Open source implementation of nfs module
- We need open source replacement of the nfs module for mdb.
- 12:28 AM Feature #3408: detect socket type of newer AMD CPUs
- webrev: http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/hans/illumos-3408-webrev/
- 12:19 AM Feature #3408 (Resolved): detect socket type of newer AMD CPUs
- Jens Elkner provided a patch earlier this year to improve socket type detection on AMD CPUs, extending the support fo...
- 03:12 PM Bug #3407 (Closed): stmfadm(1M): extra dash for single char option '-s'
- From: Keyser Soze:
The following two entries contain an error.
- 01:33 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- *It is may be important:* I have two wireless access point with the same SSID. I should connect to the closest one.
- 01:22 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- Done! :)
Enrico Papi wrote:
> paste or attach /var/adm/messages file log here
- 01:21 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- *Gemtek WUBR-177G [Ralink RT2571W]*
node name: device
- 08:38 AM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- paste or attach /var/adm/messages file log here
- 02:20 AM Bug #3406 (New): Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
I have the following device:
15A9:0004 Gemtek WUBR-177G - Ralink RT2571W
This device is supposed to work w...
- 05:25 AM Bug #3405 (New): __nis_debug_* are probably a missed part of the NIS+ EOF
- I'm only guessing they're a missed part of the EOF. The name 'nis' is a clue though, YP tended to call itself YP (ev...
- 02:07 AM Feature #3311 (Resolved): Want a test framework for arbitrary OS unit tests
- Resolved in d583b39
- 02:07 AM Feature #3312 (Resolved): Add a testrunner package for OS unit tests
- Resolved in d583b39
- 02:07 AM Feature #3313 (Resolved): Add a testrunner package to convert ZFS tests from STF
- Resolved in d583b39
- 12:36 AM Bug #3404 (New): git-pbck exception lists only work in $CODEMGR_WS
- For reasons I've not looked into, but presumably related to a silly mistake on my part.
- 12:23 AM Feature #2665: sd.conf should be able to override physical-block-size
- For future reference, this command can be used to retrieve the vendor and product ID strings for all sd devices:
- 12:12 AM Bug #3099: AMD hudson D3 AHCI support
- http://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2012-August/001593.html has some additional discussion, as the proposed chang...
- 05:40 AM Bug #3403: spa history version logging spams console on pool create/import/etc.
- How in the world is having left over debug gunk logged a _good_ thing?
- 05:37 AM Bug #3403: spa history version logging spams console on pool create/import/etc.
- It won't spam the console because of the "!" (The message goes only to the system log), and having the messages in sy...
- 05:33 AM Bug #3403 (Resolved): spa history version logging spams console on pool create/import/etc.
Will spam the console....
- 05:50 PM Bug #3381 (Resolved): webrev: The latest version may be obtained here.
- Fixed in:
Author: Marcel Telka <email@example.com>
Date: Thu De...
- 05:25 AM Bug #3359 (Resolved): hostid generation should be more "predictable"
- Fixed in:
Author: Garrett D'Amore <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- 02:09 AM Bug #3402 (New): Appears to be a bug in string handling in dladm show-phys
- Ran dladm show-phys -P, got back:...
- 07:55 PM Feature #3399: Provide Xen 4.2/4.3 kernel support
- it is not easy.
I have investigate it: xen-4.x have more changes and need update illumos with it, but after these up...
- 02:10 PM Feature #3399 (Closed): Provide Xen 4.2/4.3 kernel support
- Add kernel support needed to properly compile/test/support Xen 4.2 (hypervisor and tools) official source distributio...
- 05:32 PM Support #3066: ahci: [ID 517647 kern.warning] WARNING: ahci0: watchdog port 1 satapkt 0xffffff02ea521988 timed out
- I'm getting the same problem on an Oracle X2270 system with 2 1TB hard disks which are only at 1% utilization (the sy...
- 02:20 PM Feature #3283: ZFS: correctly remember device node ownership and ACLs for ZVOLs
- Since this discussion started in connection to VirtualBox (and problems for non-root users running VMs and "owning" z...
- 02:15 PM Feature #3400 (New): ZFS: recursive mounts (via "zfs mount")
- It is sometimes beneficial, i.e. during systems recovery, to not mount the whole pool upon import. We can use "zpool ...
- 01:35 AM Bug #3385 (Resolved): The cdrw manpage should mention ISO, not High Sierra
- Resolved in d8d3d082
- 01:34 AM Bug #3378 (Resolved): cdrw is unable to write some ISO images
- Resolved in eab441e2
- 08:53 PM Bug #3397 (Resolved): zdb <pool> <objnum> output is too verbose
- Resolved in e690fb2
- 04:05 AM Bug #3397 (Resolved): zdb <pool> <objnum> output is too verbose
- 08:53 PM Bug #3398 (Resolved): zdb can't dump feature flags zap objects
- Resolved in e690fb2
- 04:06 AM Bug #3398 (Resolved): zdb can't dump feature flags zap objects
- 07:48 PM Bug #3337 (Resolved): x64 link-editor is painfully literal-minded about TLS
- Resolved in 49f9b36
- 03:48 PM Bug #3354 (In Progress): kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- 12:56 PM Bug #3396: new psrinfo does not print socket type
- webrev: http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/hans/illumos-3396-webrev/
- 10:51 PM Bug #3396 (Resolved): new psrinfo does not print socket type
- The original psrinfo would print the socket type on CPUs where that information was available:...
- 05:09 PM Bug #3354 (Feedback): kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- Please try to reproduce the issue with kmem_flags=0xf. Please read http://illumos.org/books/mdb/kmem-1.html for more ...
- 05:29 PM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- 05:04 PM Bug #3380 (In Progress): zfs man page: documentation for zfs allow is confusing
- 05:03 PM Bug #3371 (In Progress): dumpadm -z is not documented in manpage
- 03:52 PM Bug #3381 (In Progress): webrev: The latest version may be obtained here.
- The correct url is http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/tools/scripts/webrev.sh
- 10:37 PM Bug #3385 (In Progress): The cdrw manpage should mention ISO, not High Sierra
- Since the ISO 9660 replaced the High Sierra Format long time ago (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_9660) it is de...
- 09:42 PM Bug #3378 (In Progress): cdrw is unable to write some ISO images
- 09:32 PM Bug #3378: cdrw is unable to write some ISO images
- Steps to reproduce the issue:...
- 03:30 PM Feature #3394 (Resolved): combine /usr/bin/df and /usr/xpg4/bin/df
- commit 90a1a13596fed05f78bee9f85d396628cc310803
Author: Paul B. Henson <email@example.com>
Date: Fri Nov 30 06:41:32...
- 03:30 PM Feature #3327 (Resolved): Add -m flag to df
- commit 790c646ca492120e08144b01daf49e7e5a27d60d
Author: Paul B. Henson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Fri Nov 30 06:26:32...
- 04:30 PM Feature #1532: Long-term kernel-resident processes need a way to play fair
- Almost certainly, yes.
- 04:44 AM Feature #1532: Long-term kernel-resident processes need a way to play fair
Any update on this? Is Joyent's kpreemptpri setting stable enough to use here?
- 10:12 AM Bug #1087: Unable to connect to the CIFS server using \\servername.fqdn
- This issue still appears in OpenIndianna 151A7 (unless I'm missing anything) - does anyone know if Nexenta have yet c...
- 08:49 AM Bug #1983: sshd problems
i was also very unhappy with slow response. Also spent hours looking for solution.
I have 2 OI_151a7 instal...
- 12:23 AM Bug #3391: ZFS: kernel panic running "zfs diff" on oi_151a5
- I tested the same workload which crashed oi151a5 within the first run on oi151a3: it works there. I run the workload ...
- 12:06 AM Feature #3395 (New): add /etc/profile.d and /etc/.login.d
- Many unix-based distributions include a mechanism where the /etc/profile and /etc/.login initialization scripts sourc...
- 12:01 AM Feature #3394 (Resolved): combine /usr/bin/df and /usr/xpg4/bin/df
- Per Garrett D'Amore:
Looking at the code, it appears that the only differences for XPG4 in the command are:
- 04:26 PM Feature #3372: ZFS tunable: Induce delays between access to same locations in component disks of a Top-Level VDEV
- I think this won't work. The zpool - in case of an "external event" won't be in a stable condition anyway as those wr...
- 12:18 PM Bug #3391: ZFS: kernel panic running "zfs diff" on oi_151a5
- I have a coredump and can create any number of new ones (with whatever dump infos needed), but I need a place to uplo...
- 12:12 PM Bug #3391 (New): ZFS: kernel panic running "zfs diff" on oi_151a5
- OI 151a5 crashes reproducible during zfs diff while 151a did not.
it is not crashing on the first zfs diff call - ...
- 05:58 PM Feature #3236: zio nop-write
- Martin Matuška wrote:
> Why does this functionality require enabled dataset compression? Thanks.
If compression i...
- 09:40 AM Feature #3236: zio nop-write
- Why does this functionality require enabled dataset compression? Thanks.
- 01:43 PM Bug #3390 (New): /usr/demo/dtrace/tcprst.d is outdated
- dtrace: failed to compile script /usr/demo/dtrace/tcprst.d: line 98: tcpu_ports is not a member of union
- 10:44 AM Bug #3389: nfsv3: UDP server sends packets with wrong Source IP in header
- kernel stack when sends data to a client:...
- 10:42 AM Bug #3389: nfsv3: UDP server sends packets with wrong Source IP in header
- client1: 220.127.116.11/8
server: ip-1: 18.104.22.168/8
- 10:40 AM Bug #3389 (New): nfsv3: UDP server sends packets with wrong Source IP in header
- If two nfs clients are from different subnetworks and connects to a server via UDP,
one of client (Linux) gets state...
- 02:34 AM Bug #3245 (Resolved): in.ndp daemon should not be session leader
- Resolved in 176dc72
- 10:37 PM Feature #3355 (Closed): xargs should support -0
- 10:36 PM Feature #672 (In Progress): xargs doesn't support -0
- 10:36 PM Feature #672: xargs doesn't support -0
- I've made some substantial fixes to xargs.. The existing code was unreadable. I believe my changes are a bit improve...
- 03:23 PM Bug #3387 (New): Nvidia MCP67 driver detection and MAC address reversal
- I ran into pretty much the exact same issue as detailed on this web page: [[http://fluxsmith.blogspot.com/2010/04/op...
- 02:59 AM Bug #3386 (Closed): ld(1) should document -z symbol-cap
- Yet another feature that fell into the manual page gap.
- 07:15 PM Feature #2338: ND RDNSS IPv6 support
- Milan Jurik wrote:
> Why is something like nscfg needed here?
/lib/svc/manifest/network/routing/ndp.xml will be e...
- 01:14 PM Bug #3385 (Resolved): The cdrw manpage should mention ISO, not High Sierra
- 11:45 AM Bug #3384 (New): lookup_raw_kstat_fn terminates module names ending with digits too early
- lookup_raw_kstat_fn("test123", "test123") should return "test:test" the current version returns "test". This needs to...
- 09:24 PM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- Those patches look correct to me (presuming include order is correct, some things are fussy about sysmacros.h).
- 08:11 PM Bug #3382 (New): Assembler wrapper (aw) should pass all -D and -U options to preprocessor
- Assembler wrapper (aw) begins dispatching -D and -U options only after encountering the -P option:...
- 07:39 PM Bug #3381 (Resolved): webrev: The latest version may be obtained here.
- "The latest version may be obtained here." points to non-existing URL http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-open...
- 11:40 AM Bug #3380 (Resolved): zfs man page: documentation for zfs allow is confusing
- 11:24 AM Bug #3379 (Resolved): Duplicate assignment in uts/common/cpr/cpr_stat.c
- 10:53 AM Bug #3296: Assertion failed in function zpool_in_use
- Unfortunately I'm unable to reproduce this issue.
Zpool data1 was recreated since then, but I have a history for th...
- 10:48 PM Bug #3378 (Resolved): cdrw is unable to write some ISO images
- I tried to burn a (Windows) recovery DVD for my T520, but the cdrw failed. cdrecord worked correctly....
- 05:22 AM Bug #3374: usage of 'dladm' does not match to its man page
- 12:14 AM Feature #3254 (Resolved): add support in zfs for aclmode=restricted
- Resolved in 71dbfc2
- 10:34 PM Bug #3375: /usr/lib/sysevent/syseventd dumps core
- Cannot attach core file, server will not accept 2.6M file.
- 10:33 PM Bug #3375 (Closed): /usr/lib/sysevent/syseventd dumps core
- I have one system for which syseventd is dumping core.
It is running oi_151a4
I have attached said core file.
- 08:45 PM Bug #3374 (New): usage of 'dladm' does not match to its man page
- 02:58 PM Bug #3062: illumos should build/work with GCC 4.6 or newer
- For what it's worth, I pushed a branch for the work-in-progress update to our GCC, which you should not use for any o...
- 02:53 PM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- GCC does not use it's own stddef.h while building illumos.
Also, as I said, a whole lot of things we compile don't...
- 11:03 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- Igor Kozhukhov wrote:
> have to update file too:
GCC uses its own stddef.h
- 09:31 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- have to update file too:
- 09:02 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- Maybe test for GCC version as well:...
- 04:14 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- The hard part about fixing it properly, is dealing with the fact we have way way too many offsetof definitions.
- 03:21 AM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- This doesn't look like a "bug", more likely a "feature". Please provide patches to fix it.
- 10:43 PM Bug #3373: gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- Yeah, you need to use builtin_offsetof for this.
You'll also need to fix the use in Xen to be _actually_ constant,...
- 08:15 PM Bug #3373 (Closed): gcc >= 4.5 concerns about offsetof()
- In UTS sources offsetof() is defined as...
- 12:41 PM Feature #3372: ZFS tunable: Induce delays between access to same locations in component disks of a Top-Level VDEV
- An additional consideration: by design, this feature adds to latency on singular raidzN reads (sectors at similar off...
- 11:51 AM Feature #3372 (New): ZFS tunable: Induce delays between access to same locations in component disks of a Top-Level VDEV
- While discussing my older problem with appearance of unrecoverable errors on a 6-disk raidz2 pool, one of the most li...
- 09:44 PM Bug #3336: ld: fatal: relocations remain against allocatable but non-writable sections
- for information, two other cases of this as noted in the above github issue.
This time with gcc 4.7.2 (and gcc-java)...
- 07:40 PM Bug #3371 (Resolved): dumpadm -z is not documented in manpage
- The -z option for dumpadm is not documented in manpage....
- 06:51 PM Bug #3368 (Closed): NFSv4 and slow OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2) Client
--ZFS pool shared over NFS
--LDAP setup for users and groups (working)
- 09:34 PM Feature #3364 (Resolved): dboot should check boot archive integrity
- For a variety of reasons including machine-specific firmware bugs, bootloader bugs, or simple administrative error, i...
- 11:32 AM Bug #3263: link.h should work in a largefile environment
- The common problem of illumos sources is mixing macro and structure definitions with functions. Examples are @sys/nvp...
- 02:48 AM Bug #3343 (Closed): maximum zfs string property length bogusly checked
- For what it's worth, in my testing we didn't actually (I don't think) go off-by-one and panic when crossing 8K
- 02:40 AM Bug #3343: maximum zfs string property length bogusly checked
- This is more or less a duplicate of #3097.
- 02:35 AM Feature #3142: SMB truncation issue - downgrade log message
- Arvind Dalvi wrote:
> Hello Felix,
> I tried reproducing issue on SmartOS using http://www.perkin.org.uk/posts/...
- 09:16 PM Bug #3363 (Closed): Mark non-returning functions in ctftools
- This trivial patch marks the two non-returning function definitions terminate() and aborterr() in ctftools.h as non-r...
- 05:34 PM Bug #3361: ipadm needs a man page
- Duplicate of #815.
- 05:31 AM Bug #3361 (Closed): ipadm needs a man page
- There is no documentation for ipadm. The Oracle page is sadly not released to the public.
- 05:33 PM Bug #3087: libuuid has a lot of dependencies
- > A probably *better* way to generate these would be to take the SMBIOS UUID information, and parse out the ethernet...
- 12:24 PM Bug #3087: libuuid has a lot of dependencies
- Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> Actually reading libuuid, ...
> A probably *better* way to generate these would be ...
- 05:52 AM Bug #3087: libuuid has a lot of dependencies
- Actually reading libuuid, it tries to get the ethernet address via *arp* first. Which is far better.
- 05:44 AM Bug #3087: libuuid has a lot of dependencies
- libdlpi is probably trying to do "pure" DLPI. Which is actually a pretty evil way of getting MAC addresses... its ol...
- 05:32 PM Bug #3362: ipadm needs to support ipmp
- Duplicate of #1776 and #2554.
- 05:32 AM Bug #3362 (Closed): ipadm needs to support ipmp
- IP multipathing administration is the one reason that ifconfig still *must* be used in some instances.
- 05:31 PM Feature #3355: xargs should support -0
- This looks like a duplicate of #672.
- 05:09 AM Feature #3355 (Closed): xargs should support -0
- When using find with -print0, we would like to be able to combine it with xargs.
This is useful when processing di...
- 09:18 AM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- Here is a link to vdump.0 (1.4Gb, should do it):
- 08:01 AM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- Like this?
echo '$C' | mdb 0
ffffff000da968c0 rmm_wput+0x1a(ffffff02a1b92138, ffffff029a1269e0)
- 06:37 AM Bug #3348: zlogin -C vs zlogin and directory names
- Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> I think this is a bash problem. It would be useful to printenv both in the GZ and in the l...
- 05:17 AM Bug #3348: zlogin -C vs zlogin and directory names
- I think this is a bash problem. It would be useful to printenv both in the GZ and in the local zone, so we can check...
- 05:34 AM Feature #3309: Spare qualification
- We can probably borrow the logic for this form Nexenta. I wrote just such a verifier for them, and its in their open...
- 05:29 AM Bug #3360 (Closed): hostid service makes pointless use of perl
- Closed as dup. Sorry.
- 05:28 AM Bug #3360 (Closed): hostid service makes pointless use of perl
- The hostid service that writes into /etc/hostid (using a bizarro rot-47 algorithm) makes use of perl to do the transf...
- 05:26 AM Bug #3359 (Resolved): hostid generation should be more "predictable"
- hostids are re-generated on the fly whenever an x86 system boots but lacks an /etc/hostid file. (For sparc they are ...
- 05:20 AM Bug #3358 (New): mac antispoof protection fails for IPv6 link local addresses
- The anti-spoof provisions in the mac layer do not grok link-local addresses properly, and so it is not possible to bu...
- 05:19 AM Bug #3357 (Resolved): Desire -Q to make zlogin "quieter"
- It turns out that zlogin is pretty verbose. There are times when we want to use it to redirect a user to a login in ...
- 05:11 AM Bug #3356 (Resolved): xargs needlessly duplicates stdio buffering
- For reasons that are unfathomable to me, xargs seems to have its own limited implementation of getchar() and company....
- 12:59 AM Feature #3236 (Closed): zio nop-write
- 12:59 AM Bug #3349 (Closed): zpool upgrade -V bumps the on disk version number, but leaves the in core version
Also available in: Atom