From 2012-12-11 to 2013-01-09
- 04:44 AM Bug #3435: nfssrv causes bad mutex crash
- The panic stack is:...
- 12:54 AM Bug #3454 (New): SMF should log actions performed
- SMF needs commands executed and reasons for execution logged for historical debugging. For example, given this manif...
- 12:41 AM Bug #3453 (Resolved): GNU comdat redirection does exactly the wrong thing
- In gnu_comdat_sym we attempt to determine whether a section name is that of a GNU comdat section, which are named '<s...
- 06:33 PM Feature #3035: LZ4 compression support in ZFS and GRUB
- Integrated lz4hc into a new webrev available at:
The attached f...
- 04:04 PM Bug #3449: System panics after zfs rollback
- Greg, could you check this patch ?
- 02:52 PM Bug #3449 (In Progress): System panics after zfs rollback
- I'll take it.
- 04:07 AM Bug #3451 (Resolved): archive libraries with no symbols shouldn't require a string table
- At present, libelf mandates that any archive library with a symbol table has a "complete" symbol table, as described ...
- 02:19 AM Bug #3450 (Resolved): elfdump crashes on non-Solaris/Linux objects
- An object not from Solaris or Linux won't be inspected for possible version sections. Because the version informatio...
- 09:53 PM Bug #3449: System panics after zfs rollback
- Thank you!
vmdump.1 proved useful.
Look at rfs3_lookup() for a case where exi (export information) is NULL. The fu...
- 08:51 PM Bug #3449: System panics after zfs rollback
- In case it's of any use, here's another core:
- 07:54 PM Bug #3449 (Closed): System panics after zfs rollback
- with sharenfs enabled for a filesystem, I ran a ZFS rollback. The system promptly panicked. From the console:
- 07:08 PM Bug #1097: glob(3c) needs to support non-POSIX options
- I've changed the comparison test for character classes to use the library functions wctype() and iswctype(), simplify...
- 06:32 PM Bug #3448: CPU allocation of MSI-X produces interrupt exhaustion
- This is happening on a system that is using the apix driver as opposed to pcplusmp. We would expect this with pcplusm...
- 06:28 PM Bug #3448 (New): CPU allocation of MSI-X produces interrupt exhaustion
- h2. Context
* A server with 44 NICs fails to make available more than 8 of them running SmartOS.
* Running a differ...
- 05:12 PM Bug #3447 (Closed): improve the comment in txg.c
- Currently the ZFS transaction groups are described in the code in a spartan manner:
* Pool-wide transaction g...
- 01:49 AM Feature #3446 (Closed): Update bge to support missing 57xx/577xx devices
- The bge driver is currently missing support for the following Broadcom 57xx/577xx ethernet devices:
BCM5719, 5720, 5...
- 08:54 PM Bug #3445 (Resolved): ZFS tests for restricted aclmode
- These tests are written by Paul Henson, I've simply added them to the new framework.
- 08:54 PM Bug #3444 (Resolved): README for usr/src/test
- Gordon had requested this for the initial putback, but I missed it.
- 10:04 PM Feature #3352 (Resolved): would like 64bit install libraries
- Resolved in f5c2e7e
- 06:47 PM Bug #3443 (Resolved): Missing curly-braces in one ixgbe file.
- This is an upstream fix from FreeBSD (which presumably comes from Intel). The 82599 support is missing a set of curl...
- 12:13 PM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- I can confirm that the SUNWonld ld successfully links the .o files with the sloppy relocs. I've posted the resultant ...
- 04:10 AM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- There's a bunch of history here, but I'll get to that in a full evaluation so it doesn't get lost.
- 02:11 AM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- For those watching at home, I figured out why pcre was breaking in my build environment.
I was using a chroot I ma...
- 02:06 AM Bug #3442 (Resolved): sgs checks should be run in normal builds
- As mentioned in #3441, there are certain correctness checks run over the SGS sources only when building SUNWonld. Th...
- 02:05 AM Bug #3441 (Resolved): -zassert-deflib messages are in the wrong place
- The SGS .msg files are structured, but choose to hide it.
When -zassert-deflib was added, certain messages were pu...
- 02:03 AM Bug #3440 (Resolved): librtld_db demos need warnings gagged
- There are some librtld_db demos which are only built when checking packages, and need some errors gagged for this to ...
- 11:58 PM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- What matters is that it's code which previously failed to link, that you can then test. It's probably important it f...
- 11:33 PM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- Yes, I can certainly test stuff!
gmp, mpc and mpfr all have test suites that are easily run, and PHP has an enormo...
- 09:14 PM Bug #3436 (In Progress): relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- There's a couple of intertwined issues here, but it comes down to the sloppy relocations which GCC necessitates not b...
- 10:55 PM Bug #3439 (Resolved): discarded sections shouldn't end up on output lists
- At present all SHT_GROUP sections will end up on the list of output group sections, even the sections being discarded...
- 06:49 PM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- I've just confirmed exactly the same behaviour with gcc 4.6.
Strangely igork is not seeing this issue at all, even...
- 06:08 PM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- Hmm, using pkgsrc trunk on oi_151a7 in a NG zone I haven't noticed this particular problem.
I seem to have survived b...
- 06:02 PM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- Well, I have some news.
It turns out that the difference between "environments where things seem to work fine" and m...
- 01:44 PM Bug #3436: relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
- Here are my gcc's:
- 01:11 PM Bug #3436 (Resolved): relocatable objects also need sloppy relocation
We've been using gcc 4.4 with ec-userland over the past 2 years with no issue. Over Christmas I started work t...
- 12:56 PM Bug #3435: nfssrv causes bad mutex crash
- Project should be "illumos-gate" not "site".
- 06:44 AM Bug #3435: nfssrv causes bad mutex crash
- Ok, I finally managed to get a crash dump saved.
- 12:24 AM Bug #3435 (Closed): nfssrv causes bad mutex crash
- While using nfs, with what seems to be high open/close file activity causes oi151a7 to crash after a few hours.
- 11:42 PM Bug #3434 (New): kadmin fails to start, missing dependency
- Installed kadmin on 151a7 (amd64 arch) in the global zone, fails to start on boot. Executing "svcs -xv kadmin" inform...
- 02:44 AM Bug #995 (Resolved): boot message: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random
- 06:23 PM Feature #3432: Cadmium should support mercurial 1.8.4
- Should just be a matter of you allowing that version, and running the tests (http://bitbucket.org/richlowe/il-scmtest...
- 03:42 PM Feature #3432 (Closed): Cadmium should support mercurial 1.8.4
- 06:23 PM Bug #3433: graph.c: set_dependencies() failed with unexpected error 131. Aborting.
- I tried to attach both screen shots when I created the bug report, but I got an "413 Request Entity Too Large" when I...
- 06:21 PM Bug #3433 (New): graph.c: set_dependencies() failed with unexpected error 131. Aborting.
- I was working on installing OpenIndiana (on hardware, not in a VM). I made a live-usb drive, and it booted nicely to ...
- 02:56 PM Feature #3352: would like 64bit install libraries
- This was put back.
- 08:29 AM Bug #3431 (Resolved): sharectl prints garbage when it failed
- 05:05 AM Feature #3430: Support "hostname --fqdn"
- ADDITIONAL SPAM?!!!!
OH LORD NO.
- 04:20 AM Feature #3430: Support "hostname --fqdn"
- [spam was here]
- 10:24 PM Feature #3430 (Closed): Support "hostname --fqdn"
- I've recently noted that Linux systems can provide the short host name with "hostname" and for programs which require...
- 10:24 PM Feature #3428: zpool import -f zpoolname Time Remaining
- Box contains Intel Xeon E5530 with 16GB of RAM and Dedup was turn on but turned off a long time ago.
A side note, ...
- 10:18 PM Feature #3428: zpool import -f zpoolname Time Remaining
- Did your deleted data use dedup? Does your box have little/moderate RAM (under tens or hundreds of gigabytes)? If bot...
- 05:53 AM Feature #3428 (New): zpool import -f zpoolname Time Remaining
- Recently i experienced a strange issue where my power failed when I had issued a delete command to a zvol. Upon rebo...
- 02:49 AM Bug #3315 (Resolved): svccfg export -a drops values in PG "general"
- Resolved in 24ed8e4
- 12:26 AM Bug #3426 (Resolved): assertion failed: irq < 16 on VMware hardware version 9 (apix related)
- This was already discussed on developer@, documenting it here as well....
- 10:28 PM Bug #2075: man outputs "geqn should have been given a `-Tutf8' option"
- As it turns out, this change broke us -- in the datasets that we use to provision zones, we rely on the fact that nro...
- 08:01 PM Feature #3408 (Resolved): detect socket type of newer AMD CPUs
- Resolved in 7932179448259e425d93162dedd251930575d83e.
- 05:49 PM Bug #3422 (In Progress): zpool create/syseventd race yield non-importable pool
- In vdev_validate() we use the spa_config_txg value to determine the most appropriate label to read the config from. U...
- 12:30 AM Bug #3315: svccfg export -a drops values in PG "general"
- And my original evaluation (which should be considered historical; the commentary in this bug represents thinking ref...
- 12:29 AM Bug #3315: svccfg export -a drops values in PG "general"
- The original complete text of the bug report is as follows, copied here in case the source material later becomes una...
- 12:25 AM Bug #3315: svccfg export -a drops values in PG "general"
- The attached tarball contains a set of tests that were used to guard against some potential regressions as well as to...
- 10:32 PM Feature #3416 (Resolved): Need disassembler support for rdrand and f16c
- Resolved in ebb8ac078e9265f87093fbb363e8c2cbc6ee13e6.
- 10:32 PM Feature #3415 (Resolved): Add isainfo support for f16c and rdrand
- Resolved in ebb8ac078e9265f87093fbb363e8c2cbc6ee13e6.
- 10:32 PM Feature #3414 (Resolved): Need a new word of AT_SUN_HWCAP bits
- Resolved in ebb8ac078e9265f87093fbb363e8c2cbc6ee13e6.
- 10:31 PM Bug #3417 (Resolved): mdb disassembler confuses rdtscp for invlpg
- Resolved in eb23829ff08a873c612ac45d191d559394b4b408.
- 10:31 PM Bug #3413 (Resolved): isainfo -v overflows 80 columns
- Resolved in eb23829ff08a873c612ac45d191d559394b4b408.
- 07:00 PM Bug #1723 (Resolved): apix module mistakingly sets TPR
- Resolved in 636dfb4b6ac0749387c883053011a3afb4b4893b.
- 06:10 PM Bug #3425 (Closed): first write to a new zvol can fail with EFBIG
- When creating a new zvol, we have seen that the very first write to it can fail with EFBIG. When writing to a zvol, z...
- 12:24 PM Bug #3424: zdb -L 'assertion failed ../zdb.c, line 1722'
- It fails on this snapshot:
- 11:37 AM Bug #3424: zdb -L 'assertion failed ../zdb.c, line 1722'
- 11:31 AM Bug #3424 (New): zdb -L 'assertion failed ../zdb.c, line 1722'
- Tested on oi_151a7....
- 11:07 AM Bug #3423: zdb -b 'error: zfs: freeing free segment'
- 11:04 AM Bug #3423 (New): zdb -b 'error: zfs: freeing free segment'
- 10:15 PM Bug #3422 (Closed): zpool create/syseventd race yield non-importable pool
- On a standup of new hardware, we found that several new illumos-based
compute nodes were refusing to import their po...
- 05:08 PM Bug #995 (In Progress): boot message: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random
- I had remaining questions about the root cause of this, so I
took a look for myself. It appears that the race is be...
- 12:39 PM Feature #3035: LZ4 compression support in ZFS and GRUB
- Integrated upstream changes from LZ4 r85 - about a 5% increase in decompression speed.
- 11:03 PM Bug #3315: svccfg export -a drops values in PG "general"
- According to smf_security(5), svccfg(1M), and the PSARC/2007/177 case materials, the correct behaviour is that proper...
- 08:37 PM Feature #3364 (Resolved): dboot should check boot archive integrity
- Resolved in e65d07e
- 10:35 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- With some grep and cut in /var/adm/messages I can find at least two errors with ieee80211:
- 03:17 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- Anonyme wrote:
> The BSD patch attached seems to modify the lines after the 308 one of our rum source code:
- 12:27 AM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- *Comparaison with BSD*
Actual if_rum.c source file:
- 03:53 PM Bug #1097: glob(3c) needs to support non-POSIX options
- I've made a few more changes to improve the international character handling. I've also fixed a few incorrect return...
- 11:35 AM Bug #3420 (New): datalinks remain in zone after shutdown
- Non global zone is unusable if there were unresolved IP duplications before a reboot.
Later on zone is marked as 'do...
- 01:11 AM Feature #3419: usbftdi needs to support the BeagleBone
- I also tested this with the SheevaPlug JTAG adapter, the only other FTDI device I got. Works like a charm when dumpin...
- 01:06 AM Feature #3419: usbftdi needs to support the BeagleBone
- webrev: http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/hans/illumos-3419-webrev/
While at it I also eliminated a TODO about the buf...
- 12:56 AM Feature #3419 (Resolved): usbftdi needs to support the BeagleBone
- The "BeagleBone":http://beagleboard.org/bone is a small ARM evaluation board with an on-board FTDI2232C chip that pro...
- 02:00 AM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- The BSD patch attached seems to modify the lines after the 308 one of our rum source code:
- 01:46 AM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- *BSD guys have provided in 2011 a patch for the rum driver.* May be that correction is needed for us too and would by...
- 10:12 PM Feature #3400: ZFS: recursive mounts (via "zfs mount")
- I think Delphix has this already, I'll look in to it.
- 09:08 PM Bug #3418 (New): DTrace may leave spurious breakpoints in user processes
- A SmartOS user debugging a separate problem with that system discovered that his devfsadmd had dumped core at some po...
- 08:16 PM Bug #995: boot message: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random
- After discussing with danmcd, following the pattern established in kcpc, the use of an atomic prevents any possibilit...
- 06:35 AM Bug #995: boot message: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random
- Per Gordon's request:
The problem is that there are two entry points here that cause the check, and timing can deter...
- 07:32 PM Bug #3417 (Resolved): mdb disassembler confuses rdtscp for invlpg
- When disassembling the rdtscp instruction mdb shows it as invlpg....
- 06:33 PM Feature #3416 (Resolved): Need disassembler support for rdrand and f16c
- As a part of the new Ivy Bridge architecture extensions we need to add support to the disassembler for the f16c and r...
- 06:31 PM Feature #3415 (Resolved): Add isainfo support for f16c and rdrand
- Intel Ivy Bridge adds support for two new architecture extensions. The first is the F16C series of half precision flo...
- 06:29 PM Feature #3414 (Resolved): Need a new word of AT_SUN_HWCAP bits
- We have filled up the first word of AT_SUN_HWCAP bits on x86. This means that we need to plumb up the second word. Th...
- 06:27 PM Bug #3413 (Resolved): isainfo -v overflows 80 columns
- Under certain circumstances, "isainfo -v" can overflow 80 columns. e.g.:...
- 05:56 PM Bug #1723: apix module mistakingly sets TPR
- The task priority register (TPR) register on x86 is a part of the local apic and x2apic where by you can set a value ...
- 03:30 AM Bug #3099: AMD hudson D3 AHCI support
- http://openindiana.org/pipermail/oi-dev/2012-August/001593.html has a error, AMD AHCI vendor id is 0x1022, 0x1002 is ...
- 05:06 PM Bug #3412 (Resolved): The ascii art in nfs4.h needs update
- The ascii art in the nfs4.h needs to be updated. For example the rfs4_client_t does not contain a list of rfs4_deleg_...
- 01:47 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- Julien Gueytat wrote:
> Ok I began to play with DTrace. I think I can handle some debug myself but I need to underst...
- 01:41 PM Bug #3406: Ralink RT2571W - RT2501USB - rum wifi driver
- Ok I began to play with DTrace. I think I can handle some debug myself but I need to understand the driver sources to...
- 09:10 AM Bug #995: boot message: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random
- I have a fix.
- 04:32 AM Bug #3410: ld(1) should possibly not allow -F and non-mapfile input files
- We actually use this to build libsys, so that would have to change too
- 10:46 PM Bug #3411 (In Progress): We can save 4 bytes in the rfs4_dbe struct
- The rfs4_dbe structure is defined as follows:...
- 05:51 PM Bug #3410 (New): ld(1) should possibly not allow -F and non-mapfile input files
- ld currently allows one to do...
Also available in: Atom