From 2013-11-28 to 2013-12-27
- 08:36 AM Feature #4435 (New): feature request: add ld -z discard-unused=
- This seems like a useful feature to keep in sync with or*cle:
- 08:21 AM Feature #4434 (New): fm/smtp-notify service fails to start if using postfix instead of sendmail on /hipster
I am using postfix as default MTA, and have noticed that fm/smtp-notify service was down:...
- 06:17 PM Bug #4345 (Resolved): netdir(3nsl): Typos in the man page
- Resolved in b7dfa23
- 11:23 AM Bug #3099 (Closed): AMD hudson D3 AHCI support
- 11:23 AM Bug #3099 (Feedback): AMD hudson D3 AHCI support
- 11:22 AM Bug #3099: AMD hudson D3 AHCI support
- This is apparently a duplicate of #3797 and/or #3815.
- 04:26 AM Bug #3099 (In Progress): AMD hudson D3 AHCI support
- 04:26 AM Bug #3099: AMD hudson D3 AHCI support
- oi_151a8 is OK
- 08:46 AM Bug #1008: webrev should try harder to find its.reg
- Thought I'd try this one since it has been nagging me:
The previous ...
- 08:11 AM Feature #4150: update to acpica-20130823
- update to acpica-unix2-20131218 with comprehensive webrev
- 08:08 AM Bug #4345 (In Progress): netdir(3nsl): Typos in the man page
- 04:47 AM Bug #4432 (New): 151a7 Panic on boot
- At oi_151a7, Use samba and take a snapshot per 20 seconds, system run about 3 month. Reboot system, the system panic...
- 10:37 PM Bug #4413 (Resolved): repository-metadata target should use "pkgrepo refresh" instead of "pkg.depotd"
- Resolved in 07b48db
- 10:25 PM Feature #4431: igb support for I354
- This is also known as "C2000 SoC", by the way. That should help with searching.
- 10:22 PM Feature #4431 (Resolved): igb support for I354
- Intel's new Avoton/Rangeley platform contains a quad-GbE setup using something called "I354". It is supported as of ...
- 09:51 PM Feature #4430 (Resolved): libuuid could cache /dev/random
- In doing some work, we encountered the fact that uuid generation on illumos is much slower than on other platforms. T...
- 09:33 PM Bug #4428 (Resolved): logadm ignoring -p flag
- It appears that logadm does not respect the -p flag when configuring log rotation in /etc/logadm.conf. Here's the lin...
- 09:17 PM Bug #4427 (Resolved): pid provider rejects probes with valid UTF-8 names
- Pretty much what it says on the tin.
- 09:12 PM Bug #4426 (Closed): mci_rw_lock white-hot under load
- 09:07 PM Bug #4425 (Resolved): port_fop_femuninstall is too loose with its locks
- Thanks to folks at Mathworks for altering us to this and their help in root causing the issue. They following is what...
- 09:01 PM Bug #4424 (Resolved): devfsadmd and zoneadmds tied in knots
- Looking at the stacks, this is really obvious....
- 05:20 PM Bug #4423 (New): kernel panic stmf
I am running OmniOS r151008
/usr/bin/mdb -k unix.0 vmcore.0
Loading modules: [ unix genunix specfs dtrace mac c...
- 12:51 PM Feature #4422 (New): shutdown(1m) should support -r option
- add -r option to shutdown(1m), i.e. use initstate 6 in shutdown script.
- 12:00 PM Bug #4235 (Resolved): beadm(1M) mount options undocumented in man page
- 10:35 AM Bug #4421 (New): need a flowstat manual page
- It appears that flowstat(1M) is yet another command where we didn't get a manual page.
- 10:32 AM Bug #4420 (New): flowstat usage message is incorrect
- At least:...
- 10:31 AM Bug #4305: rpc(3nsl): svc_sendreply is in rpc_svc_calls(3nsl)
- Minor typo in rpc(3nsl):...
- 09:52 AM Bug #4008: libdladm should not have a curses UI inside
- I wonder if we could simply remove the functionality, used in dladm and flowstat to show continuosly updated stats an...
- 07:50 AM Bug #4343 (Resolved): NDMP restore did not report error count to the client
- Resolved in:...
- 08:53 PM Bug #4418 (Closed): svc.startd crash with a long instance name and more than one dependency
- We got this crash on svc.startd:...
- 07:22 PM Bug #4412: character handling functions should return 0 for argument range 128-255 in UTF-8 locales
- Well, it seems unfortunate.
Note that if you set the locale to "C", you get correct answers.
It seems that UTF-...
- 06:15 PM Bug #2849 (Resolved): uptime should use locale settings for current time
- Resolved in f05406318b2ae83404f8c9fa16f837202e6b8ed8.
- 06:15 PM Bug #1787 (Resolved): SATL fails to handle returned SMART sense data
- Resolved in 2acf01fd73874e9b92c066e8deb5270d92b083ba.
- 10:25 AM Bug #4416 (Closed): Silence igb(7D) debug messages by default
- Introduce igb_debug tunable, controlling the debug messages printed by driver, defaulting to 0.
- 12:11 AM Bug #4340 (Resolved): rpc_clnt_create(3nsl): rpc_createerr is a variable, not a function
- Resolved in 24766d6b5e8d2ed5f6aff0dad6e9ae49121d4c30.
- 12:11 AM Bug #4329 (Resolved): rpcgen(1): Four output files are generated by default
- Resolved in ccd474f122dd51a3bf879b14fe94fa703510a6e3.
- 12:11 AM Bug #4327 (Resolved): rwlock(3c): Formatting issues and typos
- Resolved in baca903af881b9bbe1d691b85c5d3cfbc3e4b6a5.
- 12:04 AM Bug #4415 (Resolved): zpool(1M) man page missing "import -m" description
- zpool import has "m" option, allowing it to import pools with missing log devices (http://src.illumos.org/source/xref...
- 08:54 PM Bug #4414 (Closed): smb client may use large read/write when it should not
- The SMB client has some code that computes when it may use "large read/write" which predated clarifications in the MS...
- 04:11 PM Bug #4413 (Resolved): repository-metadata target should use "pkgrepo refresh" instead of "pkg.depotd"
- repository-metadata target in usr/src/pkg/Makefile should use "pkgrepo refresh" instead of invoking "/usr/lib/pkg.dep...
- 03:41 PM Bug #4412 (Closed): character handling functions should return 0 for argument range 128-255 in UTF-8 locales
- Currently, islower()/isupper()/isalpha()/(and so on) function man page specify that ...
- 05:43 PM Bug #4410: beadm unsupported to destroy ZBE-x in zone
- If the global zone administrator boots an older BE, the zone will not function, because you deleted the BE that match...
- 12:27 PM Bug #4410: beadm unsupported to destroy ZBE-x in zone
- Rich Lowe wrote:
> You can't destroy a zone BE that is required by another global BE, that would be (logically) affe...
- 03:40 AM Bug #4410 (Feedback): beadm unsupported to destroy ZBE-x in zone
- You can't destroy a zone BE that is required by another global BE, that would be (logically) affecting the state of t...
- 10:22 PM Bug #4410 (Feedback): beadm unsupported to destroy ZBE-x in zone
- 08:18 PM Bug #438: need documentation for strftime %s flag
- I'll fix this as part of a larger bug fix.
- 03:03 PM Bug #4409: INET_ADDRSTRLEN, INET6_ADDRSTRLEN, in6addr_any not visible with -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600
- Relevant specification: http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/netinet/in.h.html
- 03:02 PM Bug #4409 (Resolved): INET_ADDRSTRLEN, INET6_ADDRSTRLEN, in6addr_any not visible with -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600
- Test case:
% cpp -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -include netinet/in.h /dev/null | grep INET_ADDRSTRLEN
I believe ...
- 03:58 PM Bug #4406 (Feedback): ipadm create-if fails if /etc/ipadm/ipadm.conf doesn't exist
- `ipadm create-if` fails with an unhelpful error message if /etc/ipadm/ipadm.conf does not exist. ipadm does a door_c...
- 08:56 AM Bug #4395: "svcadm restart" should be identical to "svcadm disable; svcadm enable"
- Note: the updated method has a potential typo regarding no slash before /usr/bin/... commands. In fact, should sleep ...
- 04:12 AM Bug #4110: panic while reaping htable_cache
- One other detail that seemed amiss in the code was that it was not obvious whether the htable_dont_cache flag was set...
- 08:03 PM Bug #4340 (In Progress): rpc_clnt_create(3nsl): rpc_createerr is a variable, not a function
- 07:59 PM Bug #4327 (In Progress): rwlock(3c): Formatting issues and typos
- 07:58 PM Bug #4329 (In Progress): rpcgen(1): Four output files are generated by default
- 03:51 PM Bug #4395: "svcadm restart" should be identical to "svcadm disable; svcadm enable"
- I've modified your method script and manifest by simplifying them and perhaps clarifying them. In my tests, I agree ...
- 11:24 PM Feature #4335 (Resolved): need a mechanism to detect solid state storage devices
- Resolved in 59d8f1005b65ef8ad2c9ce040497daf81dd65085.
- 09:37 PM Bug #2410 (Resolved): procfs needlessly breaks large file support
- Resolved in d1b18d1a1255ac607d5e072515d727cdfe52f878.
- 07:58 PM Bug #4404 (New): PCI(-X) Express Fatal Error (0x43) trace observed during probe of Ethernet Adapter
- Trace :-
NOTICE: SUNW-MSG-ID: SUNOS-8000-0G, TYPE: Error, VER: 1, SEVERITY: Major
- 07:52 PM Bug #4403 (New): mpt_sas panic when pulling a drive
- OmniOS r151006 - mpt_sas driver version 0.5.11,5.11-0.151006:20130906T160306Z...
- 07:45 PM Bug #4310: Another mpt_sas panic
- The IOC reset is due to a task management command failure which is certainly unusual and has a separate root cause.
- 07:40 PM Bug #4310: Another mpt_sas panic
- This is a corner case in the fix for #3195, which assumes the IOC reset would be issued from a different thread and t...
- 05:19 PM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- Currently, the hack already implemented is to set (in pkgsrc) INSTALL_UNSTRIPPED=yes.
I'd like to put this in a gu...
- 05:05 PM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- Library versions version specific symbols -- we haven't added any to libelf, so we can't do that.
I'm nervous of u...
- 09:27 AM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- adding ILLUMOS_0.1 to libelf.so would be great, such as what has been done with libc.so......
- 08:17 PM Bug #4382 (Resolved): ddi_intr_get_nintrs manpage typo
- 04:40 PM Bug #4402: kernel panic at boot: assertion failed: lwptoregs(lwp) == rp
Thanks for the suggestion. I downloaded the git repository, build it, but I have the same problem again....
- 08:09 AM Bug #4402: kernel panic at boot: assertion failed: lwptoregs(lwp) == rp
- That mercurial repository is not up to date. You should try building the latest code from the canonical git reposito...
- 01:30 PM Bug #4395: "svcadm restart" should be identical to "svcadm disable; svcadm enable"
- Ok, here it is: a manifest which defines two service instances - a "slave" which depends on "master". Both implement ...
- 03:56 PM Bug #4395: "svcadm restart" should be identical to "svcadm disable; svcadm enable"
- We need something much simpler than that. Just a small number of manifests with the necessary dependancies would be ...
- 11:00 PM Bug #4395: "svcadm restart" should be identical to "svcadm disable; svcadm enable"
- I guess the easiest example to review the problem is the one how I stumbled upon it: with SMF services wrapping execu...
- 03:53 PM Bug #4395: "svcadm restart" should be identical to "svcadm disable; svcadm enable"
- Could you provide us with a simple SMF configuration that illustrates the problem? We need something that will run o...
- 10:10 PM Bug #4402 (New): kernel panic at boot: assertion failed: lwptoregs(lwp) == rp
- I was running oi_151a8 in KVM on Debian 7.2. This was running fine. I then downloaded the sources and
build a new Il...
- 07:53 PM Bug #4211 (Resolved): Some syslog facility names and symbols are missing
- Resolved in ba91f08
- 07:53 PM Bug #1762 (Resolved): Syslogd man page: missing reference.
- Resolved in ba91f08
- 05:47 PM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- As expected, this seems to work now on this program build.
BTW, as for binutils, any word or possibility to get th...
- 07:54 AM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- While I'm testing, I ask the question is it possible to update libelf in such a way as to be able to programatically ...
- 05:12 PM Bug #4400: kernel panic
- I attempted to upload crash.0 when I created the report. Maybe it will get there this time
- 04:05 PM Bug #4400: kernel panic
- I'm not running any external services so I don't have a convenient mechanism at the moment. I'll look into finding a...
- 03:57 PM Bug #4400: kernel panic
- Reginald Beardsley wrote:
> I think this includes everything requested in the wiki. If not please let me know. I'v...
- 02:30 PM Bug #4400: kernel panic
- Please make the crash dump file (vmdump.0) available. Thanks.
- 02:17 PM Bug #4400 (New): kernel panic
- I think this includes everything requested in the wiki. If not please let me know. I've saved the contents of /var/...
- 09:22 AM Bug #4399: mpt_sas should not do tasw
- Is it safe to not wait on m_dr_taskq in mptsas_flush_hba ?
- 08:37 AM Bug #4399: mpt_sas should not do tasw
- this is duplicate of 4310
- 08:30 AM Bug #4399: mpt_sas should not do tasw
- sorry for not complete the subject.
mpt_sas should not wait on mpt->m_dr_taskq in mptsas_flush_hba, as mpt_sas_flu...
- 08:24 AM Bug #4399 (Closed): mpt_sas should not do tasw
- 06:52 PM Bug #4398 (Resolved): Extra spaces in man pages
- There is an extra space between the left parenthesis and *XDR* here in the xdr_admin(3nsl) man page:...
- 06:09 PM Feature #4397 (New): Realtek RTL8191SE Wireless LAN Not Recognized
I downloaded and installed OI 151a8 on my 64bit Toshiba Laptop. Installed fine but did not recognize Realte...
- 05:17 PM Feature #4391 (Closed): panic system rather than corrupting pool if we hit bug 4390
- 04:59 PM Bug #4396 (New): man pages for system calls are missing in a zone
- Man pages for system calls (section 2, stat/open/etc) are missing in a zone, because they are in system/kernel.
- 02:26 PM Bug #4395 (New): "svcadm restart" should be identical to "svcadm disable; svcadm enable"
- While testing my works on SMF inter-dependencies, I discovered that if I run svcadm restart, then the dependency serv...
- 09:55 AM Bug #4394 (Rejected): svc_create(3nsl) registers with garbage address
- The svc_create(3nsl) function registers with garbage address over ticlts, ticotsord, and ticots transports. It is eas...
- 09:29 AM Bug #4393 (Closed): /etc/rpc: 100133 and 100169 should be added
- Currently, the rpcinfo(1m) is unaware about names of 100133 and 100169 programs:...
- 01:52 AM Bug #4392 (New): want EUC-JP iconv support
- It would be nice if we could translate the EUC-JP charset. Not having this causes some software to decide that our i...
- 10:34 PM Feature #4368 (Closed): zfs send filesystems from readonly pools
- 10:34 PM Feature #4369 (Closed): implement zfs bookmarks
- 07:51 PM Bug #4121 (Closed): vdev_label_init should treat request as succeeded when pool is read only
- 06:27 PM Feature #4391 (Closed): panic system rather than corrupting pool if we hit bug 4390
- By Matt Ahrens:...
- 06:25 PM Bug #4390 (Closed): i/o errors when deleting filesystem/zvol can lead to space map corruption
- Analysis by Matt Ahrens:...
- 04:00 PM Bug #4389 (New): webrev should fetch preparer info from git if available
- Webrev will use a the "ui.username" config setting under Mercurial when generating a report. In other cases it simply...
- 07:35 AM Bug #1666: libwrap is 32bit only
- I wasn't the author of this change and I'm unable to set assignee to Alexander Pyhalov :(
- 02:48 AM Bug #1666 (Resolved): libwrap is 32bit only
- Resolved in 9584cebb1c69707f4c67306b661c2ed47d8676f1.
- 07:15 PM Bug #4209 (Closed): Populate zfstest with the remainder of the STF tests
- 07:15 PM Bug #4208 (Closed): Typo in zfs_main.c: "posxiuser"
- 07:15 PM Bug #4207 (Closed): history_008_pos depends on obsolete internal history log message
- 07:15 PM Bug #4206 (Closed): history_003_pos relies on exact size of history log and entries
- 11:27 PM Bug #4376: system crash if run as a guest in KVM with passthrough
- If there is a crashdump it would be useful to have that
- 10:18 PM Bug #4383 (In Progress): libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- The first problem is, as above, that the user layout doesn't count sections correctly, and doesn't allocate enough sp...
- 09:46 PM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- The problem is, indeed, yet more Extended ELF section stuff.
strip(1) sets the flag ELF_F_LAYOUT, which means "I k...
- 09:04 PM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- I would suspect (though haven't tried), that patching -ffunction-sections/-fdata-sections out of the firefox build --...
- 06:39 PM Bug #4371 (Closed): DMU code clean up
- 06:38 PM Feature #4370 (Closed): avoid transmitting holes during zfs send
- 03:01 PM Bug #3570: Trailing / on CODEMGR_WS in illumos.sh causes build failure
- Garrett D'Amore wrote:
> This is not a big deal. Developer should be know how to configure the environment file. P...
- 02:59 PM Bug #4386 (Closed): hosts_access(4): A sentence should be moved out of the table
- This is the current attributes section of the hosts_access(4) man page:...
- 02:47 PM Bug #4385 (Resolved): Missing hosts_ctl() prototype in tcpd.h
- According the hosts_access(3) man page the hosts_ctl() prototype should be in tcpd.h:...
- 09:03 AM Bug #4384: nfsv4 server issue
- The problem with mtime of file zero seems to be related to this SETATTR failure in packet 887:...
- 08:54 AM Bug #4384: nfsv4 server issue
- Those 7 bytes in the one file is exactly what you wrote there:...
- 04:37 AM Bug #4384 (New): nfsv4 server issue
- Using Centos 6.5, in an nfsv4 mounted directory, touch zero ; echo ‘’ > one ; git init ; git add zero one ; git commi...
- 01:20 PM Bug #3354: kernel crash in rpcsec_gss after using gsscred
- I'm seeing this too, and this is also a vmware guest.
SunOS san2 5.11 oi_151a8 i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
- 09:15 PM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- 06:38 PM Bug #4383: libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- The objects GNU strip produces will be invalid.
It'd be nice to have the libxul which (our) strip fails on, but if...
- 03:49 PM Bug #4383 (Resolved): libelf can't write extended sections when ELF_F_LAYOUT
- /usr/bin/strip coredumps with Assertion failed: (uintptr_t)dst.d_buf < ((uintptr_t)image + outsz), file ../common/upd...
- 09:15 AM Bug #4051: Don't free mdi_pathinfo_t in mptsas when device(s) are retired.
- Hi Frank,
I hope you'll get some attention with this bug, that was a show stopper for us and the reason why we moved...
- 06:26 AM Bug #4220 (Resolved): beadm mount of old BE with zones fails "Read only filesystem"
- 11:43 PM Bug #4382 (Resolved): ddi_intr_get_nintrs manpage typo
- "... to allocate interrupts with the *ddi_int_alloc()* function."
should be "ddi_intr_alloc()" instead.
- 06:43 PM Bug #4211 (Pending RTI): Some syslog facility names and symbols are missing
- 06:26 PM Bug #4051: Don't free mdi_pathinfo_t in mptsas when device(s) are retired.
- I wish to "+1" this bug report.
We have a Dell PowerEdge R710 server with 3 Dell MD1200 disk trays with 2TB SATA d...
- 05:55 PM Bug #4229 (Resolved): mdb hangs on exit when long umem cache names exist
- Resolved in 065c692
- 09:30 AM Bug #4343 (Pending RTI): NDMP restore did not report error count to the client
- 06:31 AM Bug #4381 (New): libwrap's *_severity references should be something other than NODIRECT
- When reviewing a separate change, I noticed that we use NODIRECT to deal with libwrap's references to allow_severity/...
- 10:12 PM Bug #4380 (In Progress): iscsiadm usage message should be other side of privilege checks
- 08:03 PM Feature #4379 (New): fdisk(1M) should work on anything
- 06:56 PM Feature #4373 (Closed): add block contents print to zstreamdump
- 02:36 PM Bug #4378 (Resolved): Clean up %C in *time() functions
- A few source files use the %C time conversion specification with its old meaning of the complete date and time string...
- 11:50 AM Bug #4376: system crash if run as a guest in KVM with passthrough
- Pure VM works.
Try to passthrough any device into VM. I tried LSI 9207, 9211, and Intel X520 DA -- all crashes.
- 08:48 AM Bug #4376: system crash if run as a guest in KVM with passthrough
- DilOS has been tested on Debian KVM as well with virtio + virtnet drivers. also has been configured dilos-xen-dom0 wi...
- 08:25 AM Bug #4376 (New): system crash if run as a guest in KVM with passthrough
- If I make illumos VM in linux KVM, it runs smooth. But when I passhthrough any PCI device, say, NIC or HBA it crashes...
- 12:53 AM Bug #4188 (Closed): assertion failed in dmu_tx_hold_free(): dn_datablkshift != 0
- 09:45 PM Bug #4374 (Closed): dn_free_ranges should use range_tree_t
- What the title says. This is code cleanup.
- 09:05 PM Feature #4373 (Closed): add block contents print to zstreamdump
- Originally filed by Max Grossman:...
- 08:09 PM Feature #4372 (Closed): ZFS embedded-data block pointers ("zero block compression")
- Originally filed by Matt Ahrens:...
- 09:26 PM Bug #4371 (Closed): DMU code clean up
- Originally filed by Matt Ahrens:...
- 09:15 PM Feature #4370 (Closed): avoid transmitting holes during zfs send
- Originally filed by Max Grossman:...
- 09:12 PM Feature #4369 (Closed): implement zfs bookmarks
- From the new manpage:...
- 09:09 PM Feature #4368 (Closed): zfs send filesystems from readonly pools
- Originally filed by Matt Ahrens:...
- 09:01 PM Bug #4366 (Closed): ::walk zio and ::zio_state are broken
- 03:28 PM Bug #4361: Fix network/physical SMF methods to work in absence of /usr filesystem
- This is not a proper venue to discuss the /usr split (rather, the issue #829 is, or the mailing list).
Still, my ...
- 01:39 PM Bug #4361: Fix network/physical SMF methods to work in absence of /usr filesystem
- 07:45 AM Bug #4361: Fix network/physical SMF methods to work in absence of /usr filesystem
- Related issues:
* #4367 - Move SMF management commands and libraries into root filesystem /sbin and /lib
* #4351 - ...
- 07:32 AM Feature #4367 (New): Move SMF management commands and libraries into root filesystem /sbin and /lib
- Similar to issue #4351, the SMF commands (svcadm, svcprop, svccfg, svcs) should be moved into /sbin, retaining legacy...
- 06:27 PM Bug #4366 (Closed): ::walk zio and ::zio_state are broken
- Analysis by Matt Ahrens:...
- 06:24 PM Bug #3580 (Closed): Want zvols to return volblocksize when queried for physical block size
- 06:24 PM Bug #4347 (Closed): ZPL can use dmu_tx_assign(TXG_WAIT)
- 07:11 PM Bug #4289: libnsl: do_accept() shouldn't be recursive
- The side effect of this recursion is that connections are accepted in reverse order (LIFO). This might delay the firs...
- 07:10 PM Bug #4289 (In Progress): libnsl: do_accept() shouldn't be recursive
Also available in: Atom