From 2015-06-24 to 2015-07-23
- 05:39 PM Bug #6072 (Closed): extra symbols in bootadm usage() output
- "git commit c365cc98d1939449e0db2884c4fcb62728ee2e59":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/c365cc98d1939449...
- 05:39 PM Bug #6073 (Closed): libbe be_run_cmd() bad indentation in function body
- "git commit 2b66e65286e123b22eb83c96426eafe5b3ddccd3":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/2b66e65286e123b2...
- 05:15 PM Bug #1926 (Closed): libresolv evades compiler warnings
- "git commit bd0e95e605fff368075e869efe6d31ebe471ea49":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/bd0e95e605fff368...
- 04:08 PM Feature #6080 (Closed): libbe should support installboot
- current libbe does installgrub on be_activate(), but as grub is only for x86 version, the SPARC is missing this featu...
- 08:15 PM Bug #6079 (Closed): libdisasm doesn't enable C99MODE properly
- Instead of enabling it in the per-architecture makefiles, it should be enabled in Makefile.com.
- 07:33 PM Bug #6078 (New): usr/src/cmd/print/printmgr/com/sun/admin/pm/client java code uses unchecked or unsafe operations
- /usr/java/bin/javac -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -Xlint:deprecation,-options -classpath /code/tsoome/illumos-gate/usr/src/...
- 07:30 PM Bug #6077 (New): usr/src/cmd/print/printmgr/com/sun/admin/pm/server/Debug.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
- /usr/java/bin/javac -source 1.6 -target 1.6 -Xlint:deprecation,-options -classpa
- 07:28 PM Bug #6076 (New): usr/src/cmd/pools/poold/com/sun/solaris/domain/pools java code uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
/usr/java/bin/javac -source 1.6 -targ...
- 07:20 PM Bug #6075 (New): usr/src/cmd/krb5/kadmin/gui: use of deprecated/unchecked or unsafe operations in java code
- building illumos-gate reveals old/deprecated java code in krb5/kadmin tree, for example:
- 06:54 PM Bug #5698: panic in mpt_sas: vmem_hash_delete(ffffff1aa3456000, 1, 8): bad free
- Same panic stack trace here, but with a faulty disk and a running zpool resilver after reboot:...
- 06:41 PM Feature #6074 (New): want dcmd to walk every object of a given type in the system
- Given ::typegraph, it seems like it should be possible to walk "every" object of a given type in the system (scare qu...
- 10:33 AM Bug #6073 (Closed): libbe be_run_cmd() bad indentation in function body
- if ((command == NULL) || (stderr_buf == NULL) ||
(stderr_bufsize <= 0) || (stdout_bufsize < 0) ...
- 10:12 AM Bug #6072 (Closed): extra symbols in bootadm usage() output
- bootadm usage message has left over '>' symbols:
bootadm: a command option must be specified
- 11:51 PM Feature #2745 (In Progress): Allow filtering of properties on zfs receive
- 11:51 PM Feature #2745: Allow filtering of properties on zfs receive
- Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> It would be great to see this integrated!
i'll take a look it
- 09:21 PM Feature #6071 (New): build should check invariant sizes are invariant
- We have a number of types which, unfortunately, have their size baked into the ABI.
The build should check the size ...
- 08:09 AM Bug #5032: share_nfs(1m): Documentation for "noaclfab" is needed
- This option is central to make diskless linux from 'sharenfs' shares work ... without it, 'cp -p a b' will fail which...
- 10:36 PM Bug #6070 (Closed): libdisasm: attach/detach arch ops should be optional
- Allow an architecture backend to not provide attach and detach functions. If the backend has nothing to do, there's ...
- 10:35 PM Bug #6069 (Closed): libdisasm: instrlen arch op should have a sane default
- Instead of forcing every architecture backend to implement a "how long is this instruction" function, provide a sane ...
- 10:35 PM Bug #6068 (Closed): libdisasm: previnstr arch op should have a sane default
- Instead of forcing every architecture backend to implement a "go back n instructions" function, provide a sane (altho...
- 10:34 PM Bug #6067 (Closed): libdisasm: use C99 designated initializers for arch ops
- Since libdisasm is already compiled as C99, we can use designated initializers it initialize the per architecture ops...
- 10:33 PM Bug #6066 (Closed): dis: support for System/370, System/390, and z/Architecture ELF bins
- Since libdisasm and dis(1) already support cross-disassembly, we can add new architecture backends rather painlessly....
- 04:55 PM Bug #6062 (Closed): Workaround broken KVM handling of directed EOIs
- "git commit 3f745f41d6d087602fbb2f748e1baabc3768f5fb":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/3f745f41d6d08760...
- 05:39 AM Bug #5925 (Closed): zfs receive -o origin=
- "git commit a2cdcdd260232b58202b11a9bfc0103c9449ed52":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/a2cdcdd260232b58...
- 05:39 AM Bug #5960 (Closed): zfs recv should prefetch indirect blocks
- "git commit a2cdcdd260232b58202b11a9bfc0103c9449ed52":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/a2cdcdd260232b58...
- 08:10 PM Bug #6063 (Closed): pkgadd breaks with too many mountpoints
- "git commit e47aa97b65b6eaa7016357de7fb7974c1982858c":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/e47aa97b65b6eaa7...
- 05:10 AM Bug #6058: ipadm doesn't accept "ALL" as valid field name
- This is true for all "show-" sub-commands, which should accept "ALL" as valid field name according to ipadm(1M).
- 09:29 PM Bug #5910: libnisdb won't build with modern GCC
- What developed was dozens of missing prototype errors like this one:...
- 02:37 PM Bug #6065 (Closed): page hash: use a static inline instead of a macro
- This way the code is a bit cleaner - it's now obvious what the return value is.
- 10:21 PM Feature #6064 (Closed): ixgbe needs X550 support
- The new Xeon D requires a modified ixgbe driver to support its built-in 10GigE based on ixgbe technology. The FreeBS...
- 08:26 PM Feature #4053: Add NVME Driver Support to Illumos
- Ignore the kebe.com webrev, it's no longer relevant. Check out here:
- 01:45 PM Bug #6063 (Closed): pkgadd breaks with too many mountpoints
- I’m unable to install packages on a machine with more than 32768 mountpoints. The output of pkgadd stops after “## Ch...
- 05:13 AM Bug #6062 (Closed): Workaround broken KVM handling of directed EOIs
- A fallout of #3644 is that we need to work around broken Linux or OpenStack KVM implementations of directed End-of-in...
- 08:43 PM Bug #6061 (New): mib provider not at all zone-aware
- The DTrace mib provider provides useful probes for the same events for which we have stats in "netstat -s". However,...
- 08:21 PM Bug #6060 (New): man pages for read(2), recv(3SOCKET) missing TCP-related errors
- The man page for recv(3SOCKET) has the usual ERRORS section, but there's no indication that the list of errors there ...
- 08:12 PM Bug #6059: tcp keepalive params could be more prominently documented
- This was previously filed as Joyent's OS-4229.
- 08:12 PM Bug #6059 (New): tcp keepalive params could be more prominently documented
- TCP keepalive is a useful mechanism, but figuring out how to configure it is non-trivial. getsockopt(3SOCKET) describ...
- 12:19 PM Bug #6058 (Closed): ipadm doesn't accept "ALL" as valid field name
- From ipadm(1m):...
- 11:37 AM Feature #6051: lzc_receive: allow the caller to read the begin record
- See https://reviews.csiden.org/r/232/
- 09:16 AM Bug #6057 (Feedback): login(1) "Last login" hostname is too short
- The hostname field for the "Last login" line is only 16 characters long, way
too short to be useful for IPv6 address...
- 10:07 PM Feature #5942: integrate dmake
- "git commit fdbe01bdc218a1a5d0bb998c40e77e4069330094":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/fdbe01bdc218a1a5...
- 06:18 PM Bug #6044 (Closed): SPARC zfs reader is using wrong size for objset_phys
- "git commit c0dbe950192897247de6003f2dea1ca3c466fe01":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/c0dbe95019289724...
- 06:18 PM Feature #6041 (Closed): SPARC boot should support LZ4
- "git commit 8a9764c34ea643308eed074c3fef1579dabe8461":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/8a9764c34ea64330...
- 06:18 PM Feature #6046 (Closed): SPARC boot should support com.delphix:hole_birth
- "git commit 0d21b83c18c9449d0fa9b809c76225edbc5d54d2":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/0d21b83c18c9449d...
- 07:34 AM Bug #6054 (New): panic[cpu0]/thread=ffffff00150d8c40: assertion failed: 0 == dmu_buf_hold_array(os, object, offset, size, FALSE, FTAG, &numbufs, &dbp), file: ../../common/fs/zfs/dmu.c, line: 799
- Panic infomation :
Jul 13 08:51:32 UA4300D-spb unix: [ID 836849 kern.notice]
Jul 13 08:51:32 UA4300D-spb ^Mpanic[...
- 08:21 PM Bug #6053: update usr/src/uts/common/sys/feature_tests.h
- 10:15 AM Bug #6053 (In Progress): update usr/src/uts/common/sys/feature_tests.h
- need update usr/src/uts/common/sys/feature_tests.h for better portability of userland components.
- 08:06 PM Feature #5942 (Closed): integrate dmake
- "git commit 10d63b7db37a83b39c7f511cf9426c9d03ea0760":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/10d63b7db37a83b3...
- 03:49 PM Bug #2921 (In Progress): Many manpages asking for tbl do not need it
- 03:43 PM Bug #1438 (In Progress): ftw(3C) should mention `quit' member of struct FTW and possible values
- 11:09 AM Bug #6052 (Closed): decouple lzc_create() from the implementation details
- At the moment @type@ parameter of @lzc_create()@ is of @dmu_objset_type_t@ type.
That exposes an implementation deta...
- 10:58 AM Feature #6051: lzc_receive: allow the caller to read the begin record
- Oops, a symbol was "eaten" by the markup.
The first line should read:
> Currently lzc_receive() requires that its s...
- 10:56 AM Feature #6051 (Closed): lzc_receive: allow the caller to read the begin record
- Currently @lzc_receive()@ requires that its @snapname@ argument is a snapshot name (contains '@').
@zfs receive@ all...
- 06:29 PM Bug #6050 (Closed): kstat_create(9f) should document KSTAT_TYPE_RAW and KSTAT_TYPE_TIMER
- The kstat_create(9f) man page should document both KSTAT_TYPE_RAW and KSTAT_TYPE_TIMER kstat types.
- 04:03 PM Bug #5910: libnisdb won't build with modern GCC
- I just noticed that `CFLAGS += $(CCVERBOSE)' is missing from the Makefile . I'll try adding that to see what develop...
- 02:45 PM Feature #3188: ignore the comment in limits.h and define NAME_MAX
- Surely it would be (MAXNAMELEN-1) which would be 255. NAME_MAX is not supposed to include a terminating NUL.
- 02:41 PM Bug #1926: libresolv evades compiler warnings
- I'll take care of this one.
- 03:26 PM Feature #5265: rearchitect and replace interrupt distribution
- Adding this for reference: https://hg.openindiana.org/projects/illumos/intrd/summary
- 05:11 AM Bug #6048 (Closed): RLIM_INFINITY (et al) should be unsigned for _LP64
- building gcc with gcc for 64-bits (-m64) identifies an issue in /usr/include/sys/resource.h
with the definition of R...
- 08:30 PM Feature #6047 (Closed): SPARC boot should support feature@embedded_data
- another missing feature
- 08:29 PM Feature #6046 (Closed): SPARC boot should support com.delphix:hole_birth
- missing feature
- 07:44 PM Feature #5788: Want support for GCC's stack protector in libc
- I haven't seen it either. It must be disabled on Solaris/illumos, probably due to the issues I mentioned above.
- 07:40 PM Feature #5788: Want support for GCC's stack protector in libc
- The "on by default in newer gcc" from a similar bug had me concerned. I see no libssp linkages in omnios-build built...
- 07:37 PM Feature #5788: Want support for GCC's stack protector in libc
- It kind of does cause problems. If you pass -fstack-protector when compiling libssp gets linked in automatically, bu...
- 06:35 PM Feature #5788: Want support for GCC's stack protector in libc
- Interesting. I've started using gcc51 in OmniOS's bloody for building non-ON bits. Does libc's lack of support here...
- 06:59 PM Bug #687 (Closed): rpcgen should not generate absolute #includes
- "git commit 77eb9dd4fa1a2a4b00af3d1973a84b60fbf40cdf":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/77eb9dd4fa1a2a4b...
- 04:59 PM Bug #5172 (Closed): tftpd service is not registered by default and its manual is giving misleading directions
- "git commit 29a47e6ee6365b8ebcd68a3d59c0e1ef32f17ceb":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/29a47e6ee6365b8e...
- 08:47 AM Bug #6045: zfs_mount(MS_REMOUNT) is unsafe
- Clarification: @z_teardown_lock@ lock should be taken in the writer / exclusive mode.
- 08:43 AM Bug #6045 (New): zfs_mount(MS_REMOUNT) is unsafe
- zfs_mount(MS_REMOUNT) calls @zfs_unregister_callbacks()@ + @zfs_register_callbacks()@ without any synchronization wit...
- 08:25 AM Bug #6044 (Closed): SPARC zfs reader is using wrong size for objset_phys
- current get-objset is using 512B buffer length to read from bp, but objset_phys is 2048 bytes.
- 10:31 PM Feature #6043 (New): mdb: pipe shell output back into mdb ("! ... !")
- MDB lets you pipe the output to a subshell using `!`, as in:...
- 10:19 PM Feature #6042 (New): mdb buffers pipelines too much
- In "mdb -k", I had a pointer to a list of 48M taskq entries. When I do this:...
- 02:46 PM Bug #6033 (Closed): arc_adjust() should search MFU lists for oldest buffer when adjusting MFU size
- "git commit 31c46cf23cd1cf4d66390a983dc5072d7d299ba2":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/31c46cf23cd1cf4d...
- 03:29 PM Bug #4051: Don't free mdi_pathinfo_t in mptsas when device(s) are retired.
- Change summary, original was "crash in vhci_mpapi_sync_lu_oid_list() on ioctl, possible SAS problem".
Changed it t...
- 09:29 AM Feature #6041 (Closed): SPARC boot should support LZ4
- As lz4 is now default, SPARC zfs bootblock needs update to support LZ4.
- 06:16 PM Bug #6039 (Closed): installgrub MBR update response check should use locale specific yesexpr
- As installgrub messages are localised, the response for MBR update question should be checked against locale yesexpr.
- 12:18 AM Bug #4085 (Closed): mpathadm list lu cause panic
- 12:18 AM Bug #4085 (Feedback): mpathadm list lu cause panic
- Closing as a duplicate of #4051.
- 12:15 AM Bug #4051: Don't free mdi_pathinfo_t in mptsas when device(s) are retired.
- Here's the analysis from #4085:
This has the same symptoms as an issue with retired devices with multiple paths we...
- 10:14 PM Bug #6037 (In Progress): zfs(1M) needs to handle unknown uid/gid in context of allow/unallow more gracefully
- Currently, if a uid/gid is unknown to the system, zfs(1M) would say nothing on the unknown user/group. For instance,...
- 05:31 PM Bug #6036 (Closed): ufsrestore segfaults in lookupparent
- One of the zfs-tests (functional/inuse/inuse_003_pos.ksh) uses ufsrestore which happens to segfault. I don't think i...
- 12:39 AM Bug #6033 (In Progress): arc_adjust() should search MFU lists for oldest buffer when adjusting MFU size
- 12:33 AM Bug #6033: arc_adjust() should search MFU lists for oldest buffer when adjusting MFU size
- Alek Pinchuk wrote:
> When we're looking for the list containing oldest buffer we never actually look at the MFU lis...
- 12:21 AM Bug #6033 (Closed): arc_adjust() should search MFU lists for oldest buffer when adjusting MFU size
- When we're looking for the list containing oldest buffer we never actually look at the MFU lists even when we try to ...
- 10:33 PM Feature #6032 (In Progress): stmfadm should sanitize user-provided group names
- stmfadm does not provide proper validation for host/target group names.
At least it allows to create names with:
- 04:44 PM Bug #6031 (New): Possible memory leak in svc_dg_create_private()
- In a case the malloc() call at line 158 fails we will leak the su buffer here in svc_dg_create_private():...
- 03:50 PM Bug #6030 (New): Possible memory leak in select_server_addr()
- There is possible leak of sock at line 681 here in select_server_addr():...
- 03:31 PM Bug #6029 (New): Too big buffer is allocated in logtab_rement()
- Here in logtab_rement() there is too big buffer allocated:...
Also available in: Atom