From 2015-12-06 to 2016-01-04
- 10:36 PM Feature #6535 (Closed): Add pbind -e
- "git commit f285096a3146a243a565abdce1ba710a9ce24b0b":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/f285096a3146a243...
- 05:19 PM Feature #6540 (Closed): pam_unix_session needs to support nowarn option
- "git commit 3970ef31ccf022ca6d11dfb49d296ee0cbcd45a6":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/3970ef31ccf022ca...
- 03:36 PM Feature #6540 (Closed): pam_unix_session needs to support nowarn option
- some applications like gdm/sudo are getting messages from pam session management and there should be an way to silenc...
- 02:50 AM Bug #6537: Panic on zpool scrub with DEBUG kernel
- I now know what caused the pointer to be NULL. The scrub that caused the kernel panic was on a data pool that I had ...
- 09:46 PM Bug #6530 (Closed): login/login.c display_last_login_time(void) should implement better checks for data
- apparently 6057 does take care of this issue.
- 07:06 PM Bug #6539 (New): Variable 'len' is never used in zone_set_initname().
- The variable 'len' is set by the call to copyinstr() and then never used. In fact, the whole function seems a bit off...
- 05:57 PM Feature #6536: zfs send: want a way to disable setting of DRR_FLAG_FREERECORDS
- Webrev of proposed changes: http://cr.illumos.org/~webrev/andy_js/6536/
- 05:56 PM Feature #6536 (In Progress): zfs send: want a way to disable setting of DRR_FLAG_FREERECORDS
- 11:57 AM Feature #6536 (Closed): zfs send: want a way to disable setting of DRR_FLAG_FREERECORDS
- We recently ran into an issue where we were unable to zfs recv from systems with the fix for 6393 (zfs receive a full...
- 03:03 PM Bug #6537 (Closed): Panic on zpool scrub with DEBUG kernel
- On my T2000 (SPARC sun4v) running oi_151a8, I built a recent version of illumos and did an ONU. This procedure insta...
- 03:37 AM Feature #6535 (Closed): Add pbind -e
- Allow @pbind@ to execute a command via an @-e@ option, like @psrset@.
1. This makes @pbind@ more consistent with @...
- 10:09 PM Bug #6057 (Closed): login(1) "Last login" hostname is too short
- "git commit 6249f9725f411468c70516176806c553ac983270":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/6249f9725f411468...
- 10:01 PM Bug #6534 (Closed): Improve processor_bind(2) EINVAL description
- "git commit 43b03420337dfd6b23d347fb1a237f0554fcde98":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/43b03420337dfd6b...
- 09:50 PM Bug #6525 (Closed): nlm_unexport() should not call nlm_vhold_clean() with g->lock held
- "git commit b2b464a48ff6cc58978813dbfc2f622e2dab29ce":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/b2b464a48ff6cc58...
- 08:50 PM Bug #6534 (Closed): Improve processor_bind(2) EINVAL description
- The @processor_bind(2)@ manual states the following under the @EINVAL@ section:...
- 06:43 PM Bug #6525 (Pending RTI): nlm_unexport() should not call nlm_vhold_clean() with g->lock held
- 09:06 PM Bug #6532 (New): zdb crashes when libzfs_init fails
- On FreeBSD (I bet the same would apply to zol) if the zfs module is not loaded and/or fails to load zdb crashes badly...
- 07:11 PM Bug #6531 (Closed): Provide mechanism to artificially limit disk performance
- Often during development or testing it can be beneficial to add artificial latency to disk requests. The motivations ...
- 02:39 PM Bug #6521 (Closed): bootfs doesn't properly set page protection
- "git commit 337260d77469aa189d6cd8414435e8b4e9038853":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/337260d77469aa18...
- 02:39 PM Bug #6522 (Closed): cannot execute program stored on bootfs
- "git commit 043552b77d3f957bde149c52462bbe43c01041ef":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/043552b77d3f957b...
- 01:19 PM Bug #6483 (Closed): [PATCH] libgrubmgt missing dependency on libfdisk
- This was fixed by d50bcaae2118610560f2b107d0d282315e47e4e4.
- 08:12 PM Bug #6530: login/login.c display_last_login_time(void) should implement better checks for data
- Apparently the issue itself is actually triggered by incorrect 64bit time_t management in dilos, but I still think th...
- 07:45 PM Bug #6530 (Closed): login/login.c display_last_login_time(void) should implement better checks for data
console login shows: Last login: (null) from 192.168.225.1
apparently this "(null)" is NULL pointer returned by...
- 05:39 AM Bug #6529 (Closed): Properly handle updates of variably-sized SA entries.
- "git commit e7e978b1f75353cb29673af9b35453c20c2827bf":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/e7e978b1f75353cb...
- 10:41 PM Bug #6529 (Closed): Properly handle updates of variably-sized SA entries.
- During the update process in sa_modify_attrs(), the sizes of existing
variably-sized SA entries are obtained from sa...
- 05:29 PM Bug #1300: filename normalization doesn't work for removes
- I've fixed a bunch of issues with case & normalization across the different fs case types (sensitive, insensitive, mi...
- 04:31 PM Feature #6528 (Closed): need casesensitivity/normalization test cases for zfs-tests
- Add a basic set of casesensitivity/normalization test cases for zfs-tests, testing lookup/delete operations for diffe...
- 04:53 AM Bug #6527 (Closed): Possible access beyond end of string in zpool comment
- "git commit 2bd7a8d078223b122d65fea49bb8641f858b1409":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/2bd7a8d078223b12...
- 12:08 AM Bug #6527: Possible access beyond end of string in zpool comment
- 12:08 AM Bug #6527 (Closed): Possible access beyond end of string in zpool comment
- The 'check' pointer is incremented in both the for-loop's update statement,
as well as, in the body of the loop. Thi...
- 06:45 AM Bug #1300: filename normalization doesn't work for removes
- So it's not really "invisible" and will disappear if you remount the FS, it's DNLC getting in the way.
- 12:11 AM Bug #6525 (Closed): nlm_unexport() should not call nlm_vhold_clean() with g->lock held
- The nlm_unexport() calls nlm_vhold_clean() with g->lock held. It is a big no-no to call other non-trivial subsystems ...
- 03:28 PM Bug #6524 (New): event ports are broken with FIFOs
- fifofs provides two modes of operation - fastpath mode and streams mode. Fastpath implements a subset of fifo functi...
- 03:06 PM Bug #6522 (Closed): cannot execute program stored on bootfs
- The problem here is that we basically are always disallowing maps that are writable. However, if they are actually MA...
- 03:05 PM Bug #6521 (Closed): bootfs doesn't properly set page protection
- When bootfs is creating pages through its bootfs_getpage() VFS interface, it doesn't properly initialize the output p...
- 02:37 PM Bug #6520 (Closed): ksh: sleep could wait forever
- The following hangs forever:...
- 03:00 PM Bug #6507: i386 makecontext(3c) needs to 16-byte align the stack
- Here is a more comprehensive test.
Without the fix:...
- 05:46 AM Feature #6516: pkgadm shouldn't use makeuuid from closed admin consolidation
- RB: https://www.illumos.org/rb/r/121/
- 07:58 PM Bug #6518 (New): pkgadm message format is inconsistent with actual usage
- If we enable lint for pkgadm, we can see messages like this:...
- 01:59 PM Bug #6515: Race between nlm_do_free_all() and nlm_suspend_zone() might lead to corruption
- The function nlm_suspend_zone is also much more complex than it needs to be.
I really don't like what it's doing muc...
- 12:27 AM Bug #6515 (New): Race between nlm_do_free_all() and nlm_suspend_zone() might lead to corruption
- Both nlm_do_free_all() and nlm_suspend_zone() functions are adding hosts from nlm_hosts_tree into a private host list...
- 09:36 AM Bug #6517 (Feedback): ps(1) does not split formats specified by -o on commas or spaces
- 09:29 AM Feature #6516 (Closed): pkgadm shouldn't use makeuuid from closed admin consolidation
- pkgadm currently uses makeuuid to generate uids. Now we have uuidgen in illumos-gate, pkgadm should be switched to it.
- 11:37 PM Bug #6512: nlm_host_invalidate_binding() is never called
- I think that was supposed to be called after getting an existing binding and failing to contact the peer using that i...
- 05:14 PM Bug #6512 (New): nlm_host_invalidate_binding() is never called
- The nlm_host_invalidate_binding() functions is never called. We should either remove it, or call it.
- 10:41 PM Bug #6514 (Closed): AS_* lock macros simplification
- The @AS_*@ lock/unlock/etc. macros take both the address space pointer and a pointer to the lock (which is part of th...
- 08:58 PM Bug #6513 (Closed): partially filled holes lose birth time
- If a ZFS object contains a hole at level one, and then a data block is created at level 0 underneath that l1 block, l...
- 08:54 PM Bug #5358: ASSERT supported zio types for file and disk vdevs
- Matthew Ahrens wrote:
> Fix for this was pushed with duplicate bug 6494.
For easy linking: #6494
- 08:53 PM Bug #5358 (Closed): ASSERT supported zio types for file and disk vdevs
- Fix for this was pushed with duplicate bug 6494.
- 08:10 PM Bug #6495 (Closed): Fix mutex leak in dmu_objset_find_dp
- "git commit 2bad22584defe4667f99737e3158d336e4dcca11":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/2bad22584defe466...
- 08:09 PM Bug #6494 (Closed): ASSERT supported zio_types for file and disk vdevs
- "git commit f693d300fbefaa2bd9a229a874b5994532a30d87":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/f693d300fbefaa2b...
- 02:08 AM Bug #6511: Many packages are renamed to non-existing versions
- Here's the sort of error I was getting from running `pkg update -n -vvv osnet-incorporation@...':...
- 10:09 PM Bug #5468: Missing dependencies in lib/Makefile
- "git commit b5254d6ec12a0443b3a431a7e656f38e4ac98b2e":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/b5254d6ec12a0443...
- 09:21 PM Bug #6511: Many packages are renamed to non-existing versions
- I see it in the following way:
pkg:/driver/storage/aac@$(PKGVERS) satisfies the dependency when PKGVERS>=0.5.11,5.11...
- 03:57 PM Bug #6511 (Closed): Many packages are renamed to non-existing versions
- Hundreds of packages are incorrectly renamed. For example, the manifest SUNWaac.mf contains these lines:...
- 03:38 PM Bug #6506 (Closed): wrong prop_pattern name in restarter service manifest
- "git commit 003a15e8c33d09669429b8c89e5832aac8b92828":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/003a15e8c33d0966...
- 03:33 PM Bug #6506: wrong prop_pattern name in restarter service manifest
- Alexander Eremin wrote:
> there are "info_event_all", but should be "info_events_all"
It was found by inspecting ...
- 06:54 AM Bug #6510 (New): Kernel panic while trying to automount filesystem
- Hi All,
I have an old server running OpenIndiana 151a8 which I have to upgrade the OS to OmniOS R151014. This serv...
- 06:33 AM Feature #6509: ld should support -z discard-unused=sections
- To be most useful, we need both 'sections' and 'unused-dependencies', in particular for current sufferance in pkgsrc,...
- 06:27 AM Feature #6509: ld should support -z discard-unused=sections
- It's more of a subset: I don't intend to implement _all_ of the modes of @-z discard-unused=*@ at this time.
- 06:25 AM Feature #6509: ld should support -z discard-unused=sections
- this is a duplicate of https://www.illumos.org/issues/4435
- 07:43 PM Feature #6509 (New): ld should support -z discard-unused=sections
- It would appear that Solaris @ld@ has grown a new option: @-z discard-unused=sections@. This behaviour is used by LL...
- 04:32 PM Feature #104 (New): Bring back lx brand
- I think so.
- 04:14 PM Feature #104: Bring back lx brand
- Will the "rejected" status be revised, now that there is some work over the past year being done by SmartOS folks and...
- 05:05 PM Bug #6507 (Closed): i386 makecontext(3c) needs to 16-byte align the stack
- Even though the i386 ABI specifies that the required stack alignment is 4 bytes, both gcc and cc assume a 16-byte ali...
- 03:43 PM Bug #6506 (Closed): wrong prop_pattern name in restarter service manifest
- there are "info_event_all", but should be "info_events_all"
- 11:08 AM Bug #6505 (New): svccfg cleanup undocumented
- Nothing about "cleanup" in svccfg manual page
- 07:23 AM Bug #6503: fseek() seems to be documented to do an implicit fflush()
- Is it possible there is a test in the POSIX conformance test suite for
this particular case of fseek in a file stre...
- 01:30 AM Bug #6492 (Closed): Several commands/libraries build missing LDLIBS
- "git commit d50bcaae2118610560f2b107d0d282315e47e4e4":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/d50bcaae21186105...
- 04:24 PM Bug #690 (Closed): system/management/snmp/sea/sea-config package should be obsolete
- "git commit 289f7e33e45aca289f5680be1d8c2df820ba61bc":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/289f7e33e45aca28...
- 04:12 PM Bug #6503: fseek() seems to be documented to do an implicit fflush()
- more or less an equivalent approach:
- 07:01 AM Bug #6503 (New): fseek() seems to be documented to do an implicit fflush()
- As indicated on the general illumos list,
the attached test file demonstrates an anomaly that seeking doesn't
- 09:55 AM Bug #6492 (Pending RTI): Several commands/libraries build missing LDLIBS
- 10:28 PM Bug #6476 (In Progress): Taking exported_lock RW_READER lock in common_dispatch() can cause deadlock in nfssrv
- 10:27 PM Bug #6472 (In Progress): Panic in rfs4_compound_kstat_res()
- 09:12 PM Feature #6501 (Closed): Implement pthread_attr_get_np() interface
- Glibc provides pthread_getattr_np(pthread_t thread, pthread_attr_t *attr) extension to pthreads, which allows to get ...
- 01:49 AM Bug #5876 (Closed): sys/regset.h pollutes name space
- "git commit bc0e91320069f0bcaee43e80a7ea686d9efa2d08":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/bc0e91320069f0bc...
- 01:40 AM Bug #4986 (Closed): receiving replication stream fails if any snapshot exceeds refquota
- "git commit 5878fad70d76d8711f6608c1f80b0447601261c6":https://github.com/illumos/illumos-gate/commit/5878fad70d76d871...
- 06:15 PM Bug #6500 (New): Cannot print() tcpsinfo_t due to bad alignment
- 07:17 AM Bug #6476: Taking exported_lock RW_READER lock in common_dispatch() can cause deadlock in nfssrv
- With the current design the exported_lock holding is essential to make sure the kstats (in exi_ksp) are not altered i...
- 03:10 AM Feature #6114 (Closed): factor out dladm walking into its own library
- Should be fixed in #5468.
Also available in: Atom