From 2010-08-30 to 2010-09-28
- 03:09 PM Bug #274 (Closed): OpenIndiana fails to provide option for manual network config
- 03:08 PM Bug #274: OpenIndiana fails to provide option for manual network config
- NWAM has now completely replaced the previous graphical network configuration tool (network-admin) which was based o...
- 06:00 AM Bug #274: OpenIndiana fails to provide option for manual network config
- Either click on the network icon near the time on the gnome panel or go to System->Administration->Network.
- 03:33 AM Bug #274 (Closed): OpenIndiana fails to provide option for manual network config
- In OpenSolaris there was an option to select Manual network configuration via the GUI which is missing from OpenIndia...
- 01:22 PM Bug #276: error when attempting to eject DVD from drive
- I can reproduce this bug.
- 08:41 AM Bug #276 (Resolved): error when attempting to eject DVD from drive
- After inserting a DVD into a drive, a warning message "cannot mount volume" is display; however the DVD is mounted an...
- 12:42 PM Feature #277 (Rejected): No easy way to configure VPN
- There is no easy way to configure a VPN connect with Network Monitor or any other of the Gnome Administration or Sett...
- 04:43 AM Bug #275 (Rejected): Core dump on ntfs-3g
- I have tried to mount a ntfs partition with ntfs-3g, previously running on osol-134, and i got a core dump
- 02:53 AM Bug #272 (Closed): USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- Since upgrading to OpenIndiana b147 from Solaris 10 u5, I have experienced issues with USB devices which previously w...
- 01:49 AM Bug #271 (Rejected): passwd alone after sudo/pfexec changes original users's password
- sudo -i or pfexec bash will allow a user to gain a root shell, which is nice, but then, if the user attempts to chang...
- 03:50 PM Feature #268 (Rejected): Openindiana Firefox Persona
- It would be nice to have an OpenIndiana skin for Firefox (Persona), it's fairly trivial to implement by the looks of ...
- 01:52 PM Bug #263: useradd is unable to create home directory
- A nicer fix would be to teach useradd about autofs, although the extent to which you can actually do this is limited ...
- 01:40 PM Bug #261: groff has localization issues when calling man
- Taking, targeting oi_148.
- 12:07 PM Bug #242: DNS configuration after an upgrade snv_134 to oi_147
- Additional elements:
*1- same situation:*
Two links: yge (ethernet -> not active); ath (wifi -> active)
- 10:03 AM Bug #242: DNS configuration after an upgrade snv_134 to oi_147
Same kind if finding.
When system boot up . nis , dns , etc does not work until log in once.
This is when not...
- 09:58 AM Bug #266 (Closed): virtualbox installation ignore usb enhancements
- When install virtualbox 3.2.8 to oi_147 , during installation is seen error/warning.
...cannot identify version skip...
- 08:24 PM Bug #255: Java SSL crypto problems
- I'm looking into this from an illumos point of view.
- 11:44 AM Bug #255: Java SSL crypto problems
- I've reported this problem a while ago in the OpenSolaris bugtracker, CR 6973705.
As a result of a change introduc...
- 11:17 AM Bug #255: Java SSL crypto problems
- Commenting out the PKCS11 provider from /usr/java/jre/lib/security/java.security should be a workaround for now.
- 11:35 AM Bug #203: Keyboard configuration is not preserved across upgrades
- https://defect.opensolaris.org/bz/show_bug.cgi?id=15678 was the bug tracking installer handling of the new system/key...
- 09:32 AM Bug #242: DNS configuration after an upgrade snv_134 to oi_147
- Does 'svcadm restart svc:/network/service:default' correct the nsswitch.conf contents?
- 09:29 AM Bug #253: popup mount volume warning
- There is a timeout in GNOME's mount handling which can lead to this error message. Some FAT filesystems take a very l...
- 09:15 AM Bug #261: groff has localization issues when calling man
- This is a side effect of having /usr/gnu/bin before /usr/bin in the path. /usr/bin/groff is the correct groff(1). A w...
- 08:01 AM Bug #247: php configuration
The /etc/php/5.2/php.ini is configured as follows:
; Safe Mode
safe_mode = Off
; By default, ...
- 06:34 AM Bug #263: useradd is unable to create home directory
- This should perhaps be changed to set the default home directory for new users to be /export/home/<username> instead ...
- 06:29 AM Bug #263: useradd is unable to create home directory
- Seems this issue is related to auto_home somehow. When OI is installed, the initial user is created with home directo...
- 06:19 AM Bug #263 (Resolved): useradd is unable to create home directory
- When trying to create a new user (here for icinga, a nagios fork), with *useradd -m*, this fails to create the homedi...
- 06:04 PM Bug #232: Networking failed after image-update
- I have just upgraded another OpenSolaris system to OpenIndiana, and I didn't get the network problems I had on the fi...
- 01:11 AM Bug #232: Networking failed after image-update
- Unfortunately I have installed OpenIndiana over the OpenSolaris system I was having problems with, so I can't provide...
- 01:01 AM Bug #232: Networking failed after image-update
- Please provide @svcs -xv@ output and the end of each of the service log files. Also when you say, "ifconfig command w...
- 05:59 PM Feature #262 (Closed): freenx port to openindiana and related
- FreeNX has been ported to OpenSolaris, however I have had no luck setting it up ever since it was released in the day...
- 05:54 PM Bug #261 (Resolved): groff has localization issues when calling man
- On OpenIndiana oi_147, system throws the following warning when calling man:
Reformatting page. Please Wait...war...
- 11:39 AM Bug #258: beadm man page lost
- I can bring this back as part of #243, but that's going to take time. An interim solution should be found.
- 10:47 AM Bug #258 (Resolved): beadm man page lost
- The beadm man page, usr/share/man/man1m/beadm.1m, which was in pkg:/firstname.lastname@example.org and previous versions,...
- 03:50 AM Bug #200: up-to-date l10n packages for Firefox and Thunderbird needed
- This bug should *not* be flagged as *urgent*
- 01:34 AM Bug #200: up-to-date l10n packages for Firefox and Thunderbird needed
- gber, do you have time for this?...
- 02:41 AM Bug #257 (Closed): Iftop does not work
- Both on svn_134 and oi_147, iftop does not work.
Starting iftop (from the openindiana.org repository) drives to th...
- 02:34 AM Bug #242: DNS configuration after an upgrade snv_134 to oi_147
- Hello Albert,
Just after the boot:
i- the start method is enabled and on line;
ii- I can ping the router an...
- 12:59 AM Bug #203: Keyboard configuration is not preserved across upgrades
- Targeting oi_148.
- 12:57 AM Bug #237: Evolution Crashes
- 12:29 AM Bug #236 (Closed): Open Office fails to install
- This is a duplicate of #207.
- 12:21 AM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
- Guy Woolley wrote:
> 1) my keyboard is now not right; most characters are mapped correctly but half a dozen are permu...
- 12:00 AM Bug #202: After first boot (after installation) - question on "Setup"
- I'm not sure what question this is referring to, can you specify when exactly it appears and what the actual question...
- 11:54 PM Bug #254: auditset SMF not able to start in non-global zones
- The Illumos developers are in the best position to fix this bug. I'll move this issue to illumos-gate once #256 is re...
- 07:05 PM Bug #254 (Resolved): auditset SMF not able to start in non-global zones
- This is a carry over from OpenSolaris/ON.
Inside a non-global zone, the auditset SMF fails to start. The original bu...
- 11:43 PM Feature #256 (Closed): Need ability to move or copy bugs to illumos-gate project
- We should figure out how to move or copy bug reports against ON to illumos-gate. The move/copy form only lists OpenIn...
- 11:24 PM Bug #242: DNS configuration after an upgrade snv_134 to oi_147
- The start method for svc:/network/service:default will edit nsswitch.conf automatically to include 'dns' if any DNS s...
- 11:09 PM Bug #246: latencytop still OpenSolaris branded
- This is really an Illumos issue, although we should be able to patch it as well.
- 10:14 PM Bug #192: Need to package mogrify the IPS vendor strings
- Taking, targeting oi_148.
- 10:13 PM Bug #209: distro-import leaves an unnaturally curtailed entire
- Taking, targeting oi_148.
- 10:13 PM Bug #211: distro-import doesn't create a slim_cluster
- Reassigning to self, sorry Chris!
- 08:25 PM Bug #211: distro-import doesn't create a slim_cluster
- Taking, targeting oi_148.
- 07:15 PM Bug #255 (Resolved): Java SSL crypto problems
- Enabling SSL with (Java) OpenDS fails on b147. The same exact configuration works on OpenSolaris 2009.06 and Linux. S...
- 05:39 PM Bug #253 (Closed): popup mount volume warning
- When plugging in a USB device, I get a Pop up window saying volume can not be mounted with the words "can not mount v...
- 05:23 PM Bug #236: Open Office fails to install
- This is the error code I get just wanted to list it so the repository will get fixed.
http protocol error: code: 2...
- 03:32 PM Bug #199: OpenIndiana.org needs some pointers...
- I would be happy to start updating the OpenIndiana.org web page, but I don't know how I can get started in that proce...
- 03:02 PM Bug #194: We need a wikipedia page
- I have been adding content extracted from the twitter feed and OpenIndiana FAQ. Also, added some new headers to break...
- 01:36 PM Bug #245: can not lock screen if X screen saver is disabled
- I can't see how this is a bug. If you disable the daemon that handles screenlock in GNOME,
then GNOME can't lock t...
- 12:49 PM Bug #204: pfexec doesn't seem to work
- We need to do something about this. Need to check if pfexec's consumers are fixed in snv_148. If not, the solution of...
- 12:44 PM Bug #241: Brasero 2.30.0 not work!!
- http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/jds-review/2010-September/003983.html for the patch.
- 12:43 PM Bug #241: Brasero 2.30.0 not work!!
- Upstream bug #16845.
- 12:34 PM Bug #233: About OpenIndiana Dialog Displays Opensolaris
- Targeting oi_148.
- 12:33 PM Bug #200: up-to-date l10n packages for Firefox and Thunderbird needed
- Targeting oi_148.
- 12:30 PM Feature #222: Missing Postgresql from pkg repos
- Targeting oi_148.
- 12:29 PM Bug #234: Installer reports incorrect Gnome version (2.28)
- Targeting oi_148.
- 12:22 PM Bug #218: packages to add/remove
- Targeting oi_148.
- 12:15 PM Bug #235: SMF Service reports zfssnap-roleadd in maintenance state
- The root cause for this bug is http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6983942 (although the more ...
- 10:56 PM Bug #194: We need a wikipedia page
- The debate is over and the page stands!
- 06:33 PM Bug #241: Brasero 2.30.0 not work!!
- Provide fix to Brasero 2.30.3 update to also fix issues with Rhythmbox audio CD creation.
- 04:33 PM Bug #219 (Closed): Upgrades from post snv_137 are not possible
- 12:07 PM Bug #247 (Closed): php configuration
- Amp is installed on a oi_147 system as well as webstackui and phpmyadmin from opensolaris.org/webstack repository.
- 11:27 AM Bug #246 (Closed): latencytop still OpenSolaris branded
- as per subject.
- 10:48 AM Bug #245 (Closed): can not lock screen if X screen saver is disabled
- on OpenIndiana b147, if X screen saver has been disabled, you can not lock your screen anymore. Re-enable X screen s...
- 10:34 AM Bug #242 (Closed): DNS configuration after an upgrade snv_134 to oi_147
After the upgrade, the DNS configuration by NWAM of a wireless connection is no longer working:
* the IP...
- 04:29 AM Bug #241 (Resolved): Brasero 2.30.0 not work!!
- In OpenIndiana 147 after installation.Brasero 2.30.0 not work!!
It must update the package of Brasero 2.30.2.
- 03:04 PM Bug #199: OpenIndiana.org needs some pointers...
- Uh, last I checked, the welcome page still looks stale.
I suggest it should include: (at least)
1: About the Open...
- 12:09 PM Bug #240 (Closed): CUPS hpcac filter missing from hplip
- When using CUPS printing manager, adding a network HP Color LaserJet 3800 printer produces an error:
- 10:40 AM Bug #239 (Closed): xscreensaver authentication messages
- Whenever the screensaver is active the following message appears...
xscreensaver: <time>: authentication PAM timed...
- 10:03 AM Bug #238 (Closed): powertop still OpenSolaris branded
- As per subject, the powertop command displays OpenSolaris branding
- 04:30 AM Bug #237 (Resolved): Evolution Crashes
- When I try to run a freshly installed Evolution it core dumps.
- 04:29 AM Bug #236 (Closed): Open Office fails to install
- When I try to install Open Office from the package manager I get an error approximately @ 74MB about "partial downloa...
- 03:52 AM Bug #235: SMF Service reports zfssnap-roleadd in maintenance state
- This is also noted at
I have the same problem, noted he...
- 02:51 AM Bug #235 (Resolved): SMF Service reports zfssnap-roleadd in maintenance state
- After upgrading from the lastest OpenSolaris dev build, on first boot the SMF Services applet reports 1 unhealthy ins...
- 03:51 PM Bug #234 (Resolved): Installer reports incorrect Gnome version (2.28)
- The summary page of the installer reports that Desktop (GNOME 2.28) will be installed rather than the 2.30 that will ...
- 01:14 PM Bug #199: OpenIndiana.org needs some pointers...
- Sorta-kinda fixed? =)
- 11:56 AM Bug #233 (Resolved): About OpenIndiana Dialog Displays Opensolaris
- On the panel click 'System' > About OpenIndiana
The Dialogue Box appears and the header says OpenSolaris
- 11:03 AM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
- I had similar problems with image-update failing at thunderbird/mail; a switch to the italian mirror identified in Co...
- 02:54 AM Bug #232 (Closed): Networking failed after image-update
- Several network services including nwam, physical and netmask remained
in maintenance state after doing image-update...
- 08:09 PM Bug #230 (Closed): amp-dev is broken on oi_147
- c00p on IRC was unable to image-update his snv_134 system.
- 04:05 PM Bug #219 (Resolved): Upgrades from post snv_137 are not possible
- Fixed, updated repo oi_147_spin2 is available as tarball and via rsync.
- 06:26 AM Bug #219 (In Progress): Upgrades from post snv_137 are not possible
- The main repository and mirrors need to be synced with the new package information.
- 12:49 PM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
- Another possibly corrupted file?
$ pfexec pkg image-update
DOWNLOAD PKGS F...
- 06:46 AM Bug #207 (Feedback): Problems upgrading from snv_134
- There are two different issues involved here, corrupt files in the CDN cache and problems connecting to the CDN serve...
- 07:11 AM Feature #228 (Closed): fail2ban for OpenIndiana and friends
- Hi all
We have a bunch of Solaris boxes at work, and having fail2ban running on the Linux servers, I wanted that o...
- 03:48 AM Bug #227: OpenIndian b147 installation fails due to reboot
- This issue should be moved to the openindiana project.
- 02:02 AM Bug #227: OpenIndian b147 installation fails due to reboot
- OpenIndiana has reported the following :-
<OM Sep 18 09:18:40> System reports enough physical memory for installat...
- 01:24 AM Bug #227: OpenIndian b147 installation fails due to reboot
The OpenIndiana b147 installation is now proceeding correctly now, I deleted the old Solaris 2 partition with ...
- 01:05 AM Bug #227 (Resolved): OpenIndian b147 installation fails due to reboot
I am currently running Solaris 10 U5 on a Supermicro system (I have attached the output from the Device Drive ...
- 11:54 AM Feature #222: Missing Postgresql from pkg repos
- As I have a vested interested in this, I'll take.
- 11:46 AM Feature #222 (Resolved): Missing Postgresql from pkg repos
- This is an unfortunate side affect of the oracle sun acquisition. There needs to be a repository that we can get post...
- 10:08 AM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
- Have found a possible solution, and tested it once.
Add a another preferred publisher for openindiana.org, the ita...
- 08:38 AM Bug #220 (Resolved): time slider not working
running time slider I get :
Traceback (most recent call last):
- 06:34 AM Bug #219 (Closed): Upgrades from post snv_137 are not possible
- The manifests for renaming opensolaris-welcome and the artwork packages specified the version as 137 instead of 147, ...
- 06:29 AM Bug #218: packages to add/remove
- For oi_147, my renames had 137 instead of 147, which prevented builds past 137 from upgrading.
- 06:22 AM Bug #218 (Resolved): packages to add/remove
- For the JDS consolidation the following packages need to be removed:
- 06:17 AM Bug #194: We need a wikipedia page
- I don't think we need a Wikipedia article. I think that we need to become successful enough that people who have noth...
- 12:29 AM Bug #213 (In Progress): bookmark in Firefox still points to old Launchpad bug tracker
- 11:55 PM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
- I have a similar Problem: ...
- 11:58 AM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
- I manged to the OpenIndiana installed early this morning(CET), but now I can't get it installed. There has been some ...
- 11:51 AM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
- Similar issue here. image-update fails trying to resolve '~0~pkg.openindiana.org' (without 'origin' as originally rep...
- 10:45 AM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
What does "pfexec pkg publisher" show for you?
- 01:30 PM Feature #215 (Rejected): Default nsswitch.conf should try to use DNS
- The default nsswitch.conf only has 'hosts: files' and 'ipnodes: files'. Both the standard DHCP configuration and NWAM...
- 11:31 AM Bug #194: We need a wikipedia page
- The OpenIndiana wikipedia entry was created by BenTels
Another user, Cin...
- 11:02 AM Bug #213 (Resolved): bookmark in Firefox still points to old Launchpad bug tracker
- A bookmark in Firefox in b147 still points to old the Launchpad bug tracker, and should be updated to point to this b...
- 07:25 AM Bug #203: Keyboard configuration is not preserved across upgrades
- Ok I set the French kkbd layout with svcadm -s system/keymap.
Shouldn't the keyboard layout be automatically set aft...
- 07:01 PM Bug #211 (Resolved): distro-import doesn't create a slim_cluster
- The distro constructor, in its normal state, assumes that group packages defining installation images exist. An OI i...
- 04:17 PM Bug #209: distro-import leaves an unnaturally curtailed entire
- ... except that diff contained other working-copy changes I forgot I'd made. Only the distro-import/Makefile chunk i...
- 04:12 PM Bug #209 (Resolved): distro-import leaves an unnaturally curtailed entire
- The distro-importer generates entire based on all the consolidations listed in its inputs (either IPS or SVR4). Beca...
- 01:25 PM Bug #204: pfexec doesn't seem to work
- This is not a bug. This is the result of caiman changeset:...
- 10:00 AM Bug #204: pfexec doesn't seem to work
- It can be changed with a simple @usermod -P "Primary Administrator" <username>@, when you have gained root permission...
- 08:25 AM Bug #204: pfexec doesn't seem to work
- The /etc/user_attr for user 'jack' in the LiveCD doesn't have this problem. Confirmed issue exists on a installed sys...
- 06:45 AM Bug #204: pfexec doesn't seem to work
- su'ing to root (which forced me to change root's password) allowed me to update cjr's entry in /etc/user_attr, and pf...
- 06:41 AM Bug #204 (Closed): pfexec doesn't seem to work
- On OpenSolaris (snv_134):
uid=1002(cjr) gid=1002(cjr) groups=1002(cjr) [...]
pfexec id -a
- 12:36 PM Feature #208 (Closed): Support GPT
- OpenIndiana should be able to read/write and be installed to GPT-partitioned disks. Right now the Live ISO does not r...
- 11:37 AM Bug #207: Problems upgrading from snv_134
- i should also point out that this is not necessarily file-dependent. i eventually gave up on the image-update method...
- 11:28 AM Bug #207 (Closed): Problems upgrading from snv_134
- Installed OpenSolaris snv_134 from the osol-dev-134-x86.iso from genunix.org in an vmware esx virtual machine.
- 08:27 AM Bug #203: Keyboard configuration is not preserved across upgrades
- kdb is now configured by a SMF service (not /etc/default/kbd anymore) since b145....
- 06:25 AM Bug #203 (Resolved): Keyboard configuration is not preserved across upgrades
- After upgrade from snv_134, keyboard layout is sent as US-English when I have a French Keyboard.
Cannot find how to ...
- 08:08 AM Bug #205: Crash in package manager
- Please add the steps to reproduce it.
- 06:56 AM Bug #205 (Closed): Crash in package manager
Traceback (most recent call last):
- 06:47 AM Bug #200: up-to-date l10n packages for Firefox and Thunderbird needed
- This is most likely caused by a mismatch between the Firefox binaries and the Firefox locales.
A workaround is uni...
- 04:44 AM Bug #200 (Resolved): up-to-date l10n packages for Firefox and Thunderbird needed
- oi_147 does not contain up-to-date l10n packages for Firefox and Thunderbird which leads to errors similar to this:
- 04:49 AM Bug #202 (Rejected): After first boot (after installation) - question on "Setup"
- This question is asked twice. First time while booting. Second time while installing and last time if you first boot ...
- 04:46 AM Bug #201 (Rejected): TimeSlider must not need "Root" Password
- If you login for the first time. you can su and change your password.
That's a fine thing, indeed.
- 07:09 PM Bug #199 (Resolved): OpenIndiana.org needs some pointers...
- ... to: www.illumos.org/projects/openindiana
- 03:51 PM Bug #194 (Resolved): We need a wikipedia page
- This should probably be fairly similar to the Illumos one:
- 03:10 PM Bug #192 (Resolved): Need to package mogrify the IPS vendor strings
- This was mentioned by someone:
Add a new pkgmog rule to transform the vendor settings in IPS legacy actions to say...
- 02:10 PM Bug #190 (Resolved): Need Release Notes
- 02:09 PM Bug #189 (Rejected): Need a Security Mailing List
- This will be used for security announcements.
- 06:55 PM Bug #167 (Rejected): something should depend upon pkg:/locale/en
- Much of the system (timeslider, svcs(1M), ...) is rather broken when the configured default locale is absent.
Also available in: Atom