From 2010-10-01 to 2010-10-30
- 08:49 AM Bug #372: console-kit-daemon errors during boot
- Only the warnings are reproducible in oi_147:...
- 08:46 AM Bug #379: Sporadic ZFS I/O hangs
- Please force a crash dump as in http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/817-1985/fvzni?a=view
This bug will probably be mov...
- 10:00 AM Bug #379: Sporadic ZFS I/O hangs
I am indeed still experiencing the symptoms (several times a week). Is there a "create a crash dump for analys...
- 11:01 AM Bug #379 (Resolved): Sporadic ZFS I/O hangs
- This was fixed prior to the tap to ON being turned off, so oi_147 already includes the change: http://hg.openindiana....
- 09:37 AM Bug #379 (Closed): Sporadic ZFS I/O hangs
I am desperatly waiting for a patch for
- 10:07 AM Bug #375 (Closed): oi_147 kernel panic (pidgin)
- I got the kernel panic, just few seconds after I received message via pidgin.
From the /var/adm/messages...
- 11:30 PM Bug #373 (Closed): net-snmp should not depend on snmpdx bits
- net-snmp package depends on system/managment/snmp/sea/sea-config
This is wholly unacceptable. This package needs ...
- 10:10 AM Bug #372: console-kit-daemon errors during boot
- Please assing/relocate this to openindiana...
- 10:07 AM Bug #372 (Closed): console-kit-daemon errors during boot
- console-kit-daemon: [ID 702911 daemon.crit] CRITICAL: file dbus-gproxy.c: line 2084: assertion `DBUS_IS_G_PROXY ...
- 11:20 PM Bug #366: pkg is missing version numbers for most packages
- As discussed in #oi-dev last night, here are some other packages I noticed:...
- 08:57 AM Bug #366: pkg is missing version numbers for most packages
- "0.5.11" is the shorthand used for "Package built for SunOS 5.11, and we haven't yet figured out a better version num...
- 07:40 AM Bug #366 (Closed): pkg is missing version numbers for most packages
- When going through the list of packages available (pkg list -a) I noticed that the majority of them have the version ...
- 02:33 PM Feature #277: No easy way to configure VPN
- We don't include OpenVPN or a PPTP client, although there is built-in support for IPSec (unclear if it's easily manag...
- 01:25 PM Bug #367: X hangs when using nvidia drivers
- Even though it's apparently not reproducible in Solaris 10 when the same driver versions are used, there's likely not...
- 08:37 AM Bug #367 (Closed): X hangs when using nvidia drivers
- When X is configured to use nvidia drivers, it hangs on start-up and the following error message is logged to "Xorg.0...
- 09:37 PM Bug #276: error when attempting to eject DVD from drive
- I have upgraded three very different systems from build 134 to OpenIndiana (build 147), and have installed a clean Op...
- 08:52 AM Bug #275: Core dump on ntfs-3g
- I tried, but it seems there is no way to compile it, both with gcc and sunstudio, maybe I am doing somtething wrong, ...
- 07:08 AM Bug #271 (Rejected): passwd alone after sudo/pfexec changes original users's password
- passwd(1) does not work like this on Solaris, when called without arguments it changes the password of the user which...
- 06:22 AM Bug #291 (Rejected): Missing branding on configuration of zone
- sysidtool(1M) is closed source and provided under the OpenSolaris Binary License which does not allow modification. S...
- 04:49 PM Bug #199 (In Progress): OpenIndiana.org needs some pointers...
- http://openindiana.org/bugs and http://bugs.openindiana.org/ now redirect to http://www.illumos.org/projects/openindi...
- 02:09 AM Bug #199: OpenIndiana.org needs some pointers...
- I think, at least http://opensolaris.org/bugs should present, because it is mentioned in OpenIndiana Installer Promo....
- 04:44 PM Bug #201 (Rejected): TimeSlider must not need "Root" Password
- time-slider has always relied on root privileges which were provided through the "Primary Administrator" profile assi...
- 04:44 PM Bug #275 (Rejected): Core dump on ntfs-3g
- You need to rebuild SUNWfusefs or SFEfusefs on OpenIndiana, the driver binary for b134 is not compatible with b147.
- 04:39 PM Feature #256 (Closed): Need ability to move or copy bugs to illumos-gate project
- 04:23 PM Feature #256 (Rejected): Need ability to move or copy bugs to illumos-gate project
- 04:26 PM Bug #307: Unable to switch Language with keyboard hotkeys
- If this isn't fixed in oi_148 by g11n updates, I'll look into it further.
- 12:55 PM Bug #284 (Rejected): time slider not working
- The time-slider-cleanup cronjob seems to be a leftover from the upgrade, it should have been deleted. Please remove i...
- 06:10 AM Feature #277: No easy way to configure VPN
- It's not necessarily a nice way of doing it, but the OpenVPN client from Blastwave works fine ...
- 11:14 AM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- Good Evening Albert,
When I turned on my computer today, the USB keyboard could not be used to enter my username/p...
- 12:01 AM Bug #227: OpenIndian b147 installation fails due to reboot
- The installation of OpenIndiana was finally completed, but I found that I had to delete the existing Solaris partitio...
- 10:31 PM Bug #328: Perl problem - 32bit librarys were 64bit libraries are expected
- r a wrote:
> When Perl is built on OpenIndiana would it be possible to have both 32 and 64 bit libraries available, ...
- 10:27 PM Bug #340 (Resolved): Some g11n downloads are stale
- Resolved by http://hg.openindiana.org/mq_g11n/file/tip/oi-issue-340-stale_downloads
- 10:37 AM Bug #340 (Resolved): Some g11n downloads are stale
- A number of files (mostly font tarballs) downloaded as part of the g11n build process are no longer located at the sp...
- 10:27 AM Bug #339 (Resolved): g11n build path for xkbcomp needs to be adjusted
- g11n consolidation's Makefile.master sets XKBCOMP=/usr/X11/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp; this path is no longer valid. /usr/bi...
- 09:46 AM Bug #337 (Resolved): liblcl needs to be compatible with system strcasestr(3)
- liblcl includes an internal definition of the strcasestr(3) function because Solaris libc did not provide one. This f...
- 02:21 AM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- Hi Albert,
As part of my migration from Solaris 10 to OpenIndiana I had backed up my root and user directory part...
- 02:12 AM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- Hi Albert,
This morning on first booting I could not enter my username and password as the input was not being acc...
- 05:12 PM Bug #293: useradd/del/mod should be ZFS-aware
- http://pkgdev.openindiana.org/~trisk/il_263_useradd_homedir/ is the current version, which uses libzfs instead of the...
- 06:49 AM Bug #293: useradd/del/mod should be ZFS-aware
- Richard PALO wrote:
> Albert Lee wrote:
> > http://pkgdev.openindiana.org/hg/mq_onnv-gate/file/012800500db7/oi-issu...
- 03:18 PM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- Trying to determine if http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6974470 is the root cause of these ...
- 04:47 AM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- I have found that I can consistantly reproduce the fault of getting a "Could not get "DSCN1712.AVI" from folder '/sto...
- 07:35 AM Bug #305: evolution 2.30 (+exchange) mostly broken
- OK. Let me know if/when I can help verify that this problem is fixed.
I understand that few have access to an Excha...
- 04:03 AM Bug #305: evolution 2.30 (+exchange) mostly broken
The goal is to migrate to Evolution and Evolution-exchange 2.30.3 in the near future.
- 05:04 AM Bug #314: Keyboard problems
- ok, thx, at now I put the setxkbmap in the .profile
- 04:57 AM Bug #314: Keyboard problems
- Nevermind last statement. You can edit and customize your keyboard layout to fit your locale. Improvements are being ...
- 04:54 AM Bug #314: Keyboard problems
Try 'iiim-properties' from the terminal window or the Input Method Switcher applet in the GNOME GUI (bottom...
- 04:40 AM Bug #328: Perl problem - 32bit librarys were 64bit libraries are expected
- When Perl is built on OpenIndiana would it be possible to have both 32 and 64 bit libraries available, in the same wa...
- 04:21 AM Bug #237: Evolution Crashes
- Possibly fixed in OI_148, but other bug issues warrant an minor upgrade to Evolution and Evolution-Exchange 2.30.3.
- 06:09 PM Bug #167: something should depend upon pkg:/locale/en
- After lots of conversation with richlowe, it's not clear what the right answer is, but it seems that Rich wants to wo...
- 09:41 AM Bug #329 (Closed): Package Manager cannot remove gcc?
- Error details:
Traceback (most recent call last):
- 12:00 AM Bug #328 (Resolved): Perl problem - 32bit librarys were 64bit libraries are expected
- While currently trying to build PostgreSQL v9.0.1 as a 64bit
binary within a OpenIndiana instance running within Vi...
- 11:24 PM Bug #293: useradd/del/mod should be ZFS-aware
- Albert Lee wrote:
- 05:52 PM Feature #327 (Feedback): OpenIndiana Should have Memtest86+ in GRUB
- It would be very useful to have memtest86+ in the grub menu for OI. I often throw in the CD/usb drive and just want t...
- 02:53 PM Bug #255 (In Progress): Java SSL crypto problems
- I committed your updated changes from the webrev this morning to our mq repo, if that differs from the commit I'll re...
- 02:40 PM Bug #255: Java SSL crypto problems
- Resolved with changeset 13203. I don't have access to resolve this ticket however.
- 05:59 AM Bug #204: pfexec doesn't seem to work
- packagemanager(1) and time-slider-setup(1) fall back to su. Not expiring the root password by default would be a reas...
- 04:15 AM Bug #234 (Resolved): Installer reports incorrect Gnome version (2.28)
- 04:02 AM Bug #234: Installer reports incorrect Gnome version (2.28)
- The issue is in:
On line 401:
- 01:45 PM Bug #255: Java SSL crypto problems
- No might, do :)
Just need to complete a few cosmetic changes (no change in logic) tonight or tomorrow to that patc...
- 07:36 AM Bug #255: Java SSL crypto problems
- Thanks to Jason and Rich, we might have a proper fix: http://cr.illumos.org/view/madbjvqy/
- 04:45 AM Bug #314: Keyboard problems
- it runs correctly, I think it is only the gui working bad (or it may be a mistake my conf), is there any way to fix t...
- 04:25 AM Bug #314: Keyboard problems
- Does @setxkbmap -layout it@ work reliably for you? I hope this isn't a problem with the switcher...
- 11:18 PM Bug #293: useradd/del/mod should be ZFS-aware
- This bug looks really nice. Probably should be moved to illumos-gate. I'd like this to get integrated there.
- 03:04 PM Feature #222: Missing Postgresql from pkg repos
- Minor nit that could do with fixing: usr/src/cmd/postgres/postgresql-8.3/libpqxx/pg_config.sh needs to have the execu...
- 11:52 AM Bug #316 (Resolved): dtruss still uses syscall::utime:return
- On an OpenIndia oi_147 host recently upgraded from OpenSolaris b134, dtruss fails because it's using syscall::utime:r...
- 06:25 AM Bug #254 (In Progress): auditset SMF not able to start in non-global zones
- I've fixed this by simply checking if the policy is AUDIT_PERZONE before attempting to configure the kernel parameter...
- 05:18 AM Bug #314 (Closed): Keyboard problems
- I cannot set correctly Italian keyboard, when I do it, with a left click on the icon, it shows me the sqare with IT s...
- 04:19 AM Feature #312 (Closed): Power management by default
- svc:/system/power isn't enabled by default, and I don't believe the default power.conf has @S3-support enable@ in it.
- 02:11 AM Bug #203: Keyboard configuration is not preserved across upgrades
- 01:53 AM Bug #203 (In Progress): Keyboard configuration is not preserved across upgrades
- 06:43 PM Bug #203: Keyboard configuration is not preserved across upgrades
- http://bugs.opensolaris.org/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=6976214 is the upstream bug for this issue. I'll look into...
- 01:46 PM Bug #307 (Closed): Unable to switch Language with keyboard hotkeys
- After upgrade from OpenSolaris have a problem with language switch using hotkeys. But setting language with mouse fr...
- 01:03 PM Bug #282 (Rejected): updatemanager(1m) should be renamed to packagemanager ?
- 09:04 AM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- Hi Albert,
I attempted to download pictures as another user which had been assigned the roles=root, and get the fo...
- 07:36 AM Bug #305 (Resolved): evolution 2.30 (+exchange) mostly broken
- There are a number of issues with evolution 2.30. See:
- 01:44 AM Bug #304: Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- attaching the referenced screenshot locally, so as not to rely on imageshack. Original poster also mentioned in #ope...
- 01:10 AM Bug #304 (Closed): Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- Doing a live-boot with oi_147 under VMware Workstation (I've tried 7.0.1 and 7.1.1) causes NWAM to get exceptionally ...
- 06:45 PM Bug #302 (Closed): cups is missing dependency on pkg:/service/network/slp
- On a fastdev zone:
bash-4.0$ svcs -xv
svc:/application/cups/scheduler:default (CUPS Print Spooler)
- 03:02 PM Feature #222: Missing Postgresql from pkg repos
- Patch finalised and tested OK. Will provide to SFW maintainer for integration. (Too large to attach to this ticket.)
- 11:18 AM Feature #288 (In Progress): New homedirs should have auto_home entries
- 11:18 AM Bug #293 (In Progress): useradd/del/mod should be ZFS-aware
- 09:13 AM Bug #247 (Closed): php configuration
- User reported issue as resolved
- 07:02 AM Bug #292: Imagemagick package outdated
- This will be fixed in oi_149
- 06:59 AM Feature #286: Default ulmits should be upped
- Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> Some defaults from other OSen for ulimit -n:
> MacOS: 2560
Is that zero a typo on ...
- 05:28 AM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- Hi Albert,
I disconnected the Logitech QuickCam E3500 series Webcam as I was having problems downloading pictures ...
- 01:50 AM Bug #218: packages to add/remove
- Here is a complete overview:
oi_148 has the following upstream packages removed:
- 11:33 PM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- Generally the device will be attached to the correct USB 1.1 or 2.0 controller (in the same chip) regardless of the U...
- 05:09 PM Feature #286: Default ulmits should be upped
- Some defaults from other OSen for ulimit -n:
CentOS 5: 1024
Debian 5: 1024
Ubuntu 10: 1024
- 03:55 PM Bug #293 (Resolved): useradd/del/mod should be ZFS-aware
- The user management tools should be enhanced to be able to create and destroy datasets for home directories on ZFS.
- 07:50 AM Bug #292 (Closed): Imagemagick package outdated
- This is more of a packaging bug and might be easy to fix by just using a new package of imagemagick.
Here is the v...
- 05:17 AM Bug #291 (Rejected): Missing branding on configuration of zone
- When configuring a new zone, on the screen where the hostname is entered, the text says:
_Enter the host name which ...
- 02:46 AM Bug #287 (In Progress): We are using the stock X cursors by default
- nimbus has been patched in oi_148 to use DMZ-White cursors.
- 02:24 AM Bug #287: We are using the stock X cursors by default
- Filed d.o.o bug: https://defect.opensolaris.org/bz/show_bug.cgi?id=17153
- 02:17 AM Bug #287: We are using the stock X cursors by default
- Reworking this as a JDS bug.
- 01:08 AM Bug #287: We are using the stock X cursors by default
- neutral_plus_inv is gone, the default cursor theme in oi_148 should be gnome/theme/cursor/dmz-cursor.
- 01:42 AM Bug #218: packages to add/remove
- * remove OIopenindiana-gdm-themes (system/display-manager/openindiana-gdm-themes) again, following upstream, GDM bran...
- 12:02 AM Bug #200: up-to-date l10n packages for Firefox and Thunderbird needed
- Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk wrote:
> This bug should *not* be flagged as *urgent*
This makes it difficult for many users...
- 01:51 AM Bug #255: Java SSL crypto problems
- This appears to be due to an inadvertent change in buffer size rounding in the diffie-hellman code, though I need to ...
- 01:10 AM Bug #242: DNS configuration after an upgrade snv_134 to oi_147
There is no "Locations ..." on my system. The Automatic configuration is active ('Switch Locations Automat...
- 12:46 AM Bug #274: OpenIndiana fails to provide option for manual network config
- In order to get the configuration I wanted, I had to disable nwam and enable the physical interface and was then able...
- 12:23 AM Bug #247: php configuration
- Hello Sevan,
Thank you for your quick reply. Following the execution of /usr/php/5.2/bin/php-cgi, it appears that ...
- 07:09 PM Feature #286: Default ulmits should be upped
- Albert Lee wrote:
> Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> > Thankfully it is no longer 1988. [...]
> That takes us down th...
- 05:47 AM Feature #286: Default ulmits should be upped
- Alasdair Lumsden wrote:
> Thankfully it is no longer 1988. [...]
That takes us down the slippery slope of http://...
- 05:21 PM Bug #274: OpenIndiana fails to provide option for manual network config
- "r a", it could sound like you have a mix-up in the network configuration. Could you please check that the service ne...
- 01:38 PM Bug #274: OpenIndiana fails to provide option for manual network config
I have configured my networking to using a static ip address but could not find a way to configure fixed dns s...
- 05:20 PM Bug #247: php configuration
- That should be...
- 05:17 PM Bug #247: php configuration
lets see where the problem lies. create a file (e.g test.php) & place the following inside:
- 01:33 PM Bug #247: php configuration
- Hello Sevan (thank you for taking care of SFW!). Here are the outcomes (pkg search -l and pkg info | grep php):
- 06:52 AM Bug #247: php configuration
- Just to verify since you have webstack stuff installed as well, what's the package version providing php and mod_php?...
- 04:47 PM Feature #288: New homedirs should have auto_home entries
- Also see #263 first comment.
- 04:45 PM Feature #288 (Resolved): New homedirs should have auto_home entries
- 01:35 PM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- I think that I have found a workaround to the problem. My motherboard is a Supermicro H8DAE-2 (see http://www.supermi...
- 05:27 AM Bug #272: USB issues with OpenIndiana b147
- If possible, some additional information about the problem might help identify the cause(s).
Shortly after connectin...
- 12:39 PM Bug #257: Iftop does not work
- Good guess. The interface has two addresses:
ath0: flags=1004843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,MULTICAST,DHCP,IPv4> mtu 15...
- 07:41 AM Bug #261: groff has localization issues when calling man
- Hardcoded the paths in man(1):
- 07:37 AM Bug #263 (In Progress): useradd is unable to create home directory
- Patch guaranteed to make your eyes bleed, but it's merely in keeping with the spirit of the program:
- 06:26 AM Bug #240: CUPS hpcac filter missing from hplip
- Sevan, would you mind taking this? Seems like an trivial change with no impact to people who don't use the filter.
- 06:09 AM Bug #242: DNS configuration after an upgrade snv_134 to oi_147
- On the main window of @nwam-manager@, click "Locations...", then select the active location in the list and click "Ed...
- 05:39 AM Bug #287 (Resolved): We are using the stock X cursors by default
- This appears to be because a packaging screwup somewhere:
INDEX ACTION VALUE ...
- 05:36 AM Bug #235 (In Progress): SMF Service reports zfssnap-roleadd in maintenance state
- Technically there are two separate bugs here, this fixes the underlying bug (early termination of svccfg cleanup):
- 05:30 AM Bug #246 (In Progress): latencytop still OpenSolaris branded
- Targeting oi_148 since we're including the patches for powertop and latencytop.
- 05:29 AM Bug #238 (In Progress): powertop still OpenSolaris branded
- Targeting oi_148 since we're including the patches for powertop and latencytop.
- 01:38 AM Bug #194 (Resolved): We need a wikipedia page
- Yup - we have a wikipedia page now that isn't facing deletion. So I'll close this bug :-)
Thanks to all who added ...
Also available in: Atom