From 2010-12-17 to 2011-01-15
- 06:23 PM Bug #579: root account locking after installation
It can help you. Just have to test or have luck.
- 06:15 PM Feature #620: Other file system support
- I test more other file system and only the partition with OI can be used, i cannot mount other file system and not ot...
- 06:05 PM Bug #634: Live usb install to dd version testing (grub error)
- If it can help you (i don't think), my computer is an Dell Inspiron 1545
- 05:44 PM Bug #634 (Closed): Live usb install to dd version testing (grub error)
- Hello, i wanted to test your usb to dd version but grub boot fail with the windows usb creator for opensolaris. I tes...
- 05:34 PM Bug #619: Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Yata !!! (Japanese traduction : I did it !!!)
First I cannot mount my partition on live dvd. I boot the last insta...
- 11:17 AM Bug #619: Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Ok, I will test and I will bring the result.
- 12:45 AM Bug #619: Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Is this still an issue?
Just to rule it out, have you tried booting from the livecd, mounting your install and res...
- 11:22 AM Bug #621: HFS+ format and above delete after install openindiana
- Other wise, (sorry double post) I think it is the limit of max partition on OI can know. 3 Primary + 1 Extended into ...
- 11:20 AM Bug #621: HFS+ format and above delete after install openindiana
- If you can, you can does it with iatkos and some hackintosh tutorial. I think it is because it don't reconized the HT...
- 12:59 AM Bug #621: HFS+ format and above delete after install openindiana
- What version of OI are you using here?
I'll try and reproduce your issue over the next couple of days, certainly w...
- 09:33 AM Bug #205: Crash in package manager
- Can you let us know if you are still experiencing this issue in oi148?
- 03:23 AM Bug #257: Iftop does not work
- I spoke too soon. The version quoted in the release notes refers to the pre-release. 0.17 is the latest stable.
- 02:24 AM Bug #257 (In Progress): Iftop does not work
- Following on from Jon's advice, your ath0 interface has both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses. If you disable IPv6 does it wor...
- 01:48 AM Feature #540: OI_148 Update Nvidia driver to 260.19.29
- Nvidia driver update to be looked at for inclusion in oi_illumos. Not until then.
- 12:47 AM Bug #605 (Closed): new install, no desktop, stuck at login prompt
- Closing as this is covered by feature request #540.
- 12:33 AM Bug #589 (Closed): Graphics corruption on reboot (oi_148)
- I suspect this is something do do with the age of my laptop, and technically the nvidia drivers shipped with OI don't...
- 10:33 AM Feature #630 (Closed): Creating cacao consolidation from S11X drop
- We may have sufficient information to package cacao:
- 10:00 AM Bug #204: pfexec doesn't seem to work
- For some reason, the 148 live media installer is missing gber's changes to prompt for the root password separately (a...
- 04:43 PM Bug #619: Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- I test with an another password on installation and it don't work more than before... I thinked it is because I use a...
- 04:40 PM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- Grub-Legacy don't have the great feature than the Grub2 version, it found all of my OS without effort. Grub2 are more...
- 11:44 AM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- I'd like this too. Some people put a special boot manager in the MBR and/or another partition, which will basically ...
- 11:54 AM Bug #595: first panic crash with openindiana b148
- Interesting. You might learn more if you can reproduce this (a) with a debug build of illumos, and (b) with kmem_fla...
- 05:39 AM Feature #540: OI_148 Update Nvidia driver to 260.19.29
- Adding update suggestion for Nvidia Cg 3.0 (Nov 2010 version or higher) package inclusion into OpenIndiana IPS.
- 09:29 AM Feature #622 (New): Choose MBR installation
- After i install your os, I just have 2 OS on the bootloader (W7 and OI) because it is grub1... When i install all of ...
- 09:22 AM Bug #621 (Closed): HFS+ format and above delete after install openindiana
- Hi, on the installion, openindiana ask for the partition for the OS, I chose SDA9 (Sorry don't know naming of opensol...
- 09:16 AM Feature #620 (Resolved): Other file system support
- Hi, like i say on my other topic, i cannot transfert file with other operating system, all of my other OS know NTFS p...
- 09:11 AM Bug #619 (Closed): Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Hi, i see on the real opensolaris web site that is attemp some more of 1000 people. After my installation, i reboot a...
- 12:10 PM Bug #618 (Closed): i/o hang with mega_sas driver
- We have a system that has five (5) MegaRAID 8888ELP cards. of the 10 channels on these cards, 9 of them are connecte...
- 12:21 PM Bug #617 (Resolved): update-refresh.sh in root cron error
- This is from OI build 147.
Your "cron" job on vps5
produced the foll...
- 02:27 AM Bug #609: Missing "man" manual entries
- Likewise the man entry for ipadm is missing.
- 02:25 AM Bug #605: new install, no desktop, stuck at login prompt
- GTX580 cards are quite new. The current NVIDIA driver in oi (256.44) does not appear to support the newer cards.
- 07:34 AM Bug #609 (Closed): Missing "man" manual entries
- I just discovered that the command beadm has no manual entry in my installation of oi_b148, and yet it is present in ...
- 07:53 AM Bug #605 (Closed): new install, no desktop, stuck at login prompt
- The wiki said to let you know if I get stuck at text login (because of possible graphics driver problem I guess).
- 05:36 PM Bug #598 (Closed): OI update nothing does nothing
- scb@Constantine:~$ uname -a
SunOS Constantine 5.11 snv_134b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
scb@Constantine:~$ pfexec pkg ...
- 10:31 AM Bug #581: Wrong keyboard layout after update from snv_b134 to oi_b148
- the way the keyboars layout get cofigured has changed, you will have to set the layout using svccfg.
- 10:16 AM Bug #551: USB image fails during boot on Dell Precision M6300
- It turns out, that the new bge driver was the problem for my system. It would be great if you can confirm this by dis...
- 05:35 AM Bug #596: DDU - Does not install cardbus driver from OI repo
- root@openindiana:~# pkg install -v pkg://email@example.com,5.11-0.148
No updates necessary f...
- 03:08 AM Bug #596 (Closed): DDU - Does not install cardbus driver from OI repo
- Running DDU detects a problem with my Texas Instruments PCI7420/7620 Combo Cardbus, 1394a-2000 OHCI and SD/MS-Pro Con...
- 03:11 AM Bug #597 (Closed): First time login assistant persists if skipped at login
- First time login assistant should not asked the user to setup every login if previously skipped.
- 01:32 AM Bug #595 (Closed): first panic crash with openindiana b148
- the only remarkable action was mounting with smbfs a shared dvd drive from a windows xp laptop
with # mount -F smbf...
- 09:38 AM Bug #246 (Closed): latencytop still OpenSolaris branded
- 09:38 AM Bug #238 (Closed): powertop still OpenSolaris branded
- 09:17 AM Bug #594 (Resolved): lighttpd + SSL fails
- Upstream fix applied to oi_sfw and added to mq_sfw repos.
- 09:40 PM Bug #594 (Resolved): lighttpd + SSL fails
- lighttpd that comes with OI, build 147 and 148:
lighttpd/1.4.23 (ssl) - a light and fast webserver
- 07:15 AM Bug #589: Graphics corruption on reboot (oi_148)
- I have also enabled virtual terminals, switching to any of the virtual terminals also results in the same issue. At t...
- 03:14 AM Bug #589 (Closed): Graphics corruption on reboot (oi_148)
- Sony VGN-S3XP Laptop with GeForce Go 6200 using Nvidia drivers shipped with oi_148 (256.44).
Using the default gru...
- 03:33 AM Bug #590 (Closed): Device driver utility feedback email address
- The device driver utility has a "Feedback alias" listed at the bottom left of the application which still points to "...
- 09:06 AM Bug #584 (Resolved): OI has man page for patchadd command
- pacthadd command is no longer being used and has been removed, however, OI has man page for patchadd.
- 06:27 AM Bug #563: OI_147 fails to boot on a RX300 S2
- oi_148 fails the same: I booted a oi_148 CD with -v -B console=ttya and it gave:
- 02:17 PM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- The workaround is http://pkgdev.openindiana.org/~trisk/bge-oldintr.tar.bz2 - which omits the interrupt acknowledgemen...
- 10:38 AM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- I was given some binaries to test by illumos login Triskelios.
They worked. They came in a tarball labeled bge-oldin...
- 01:19 PM Bug #582 (Resolved): Gnome slow login procedure.
- After entering the login credentials at the gdm login splash, the system halts and takes about 2 minutes before it br...
- 01:04 PM Bug #581 (Closed): Wrong keyboard layout after update from snv_b134 to oi_b148
- I'm using the swedish keyboard layout and after the update it was using the U.S. English layout. I saw that a Swedish...
- 12:57 PM Bug #580 (Resolved): Xorg failure when using the radeon driver with ATI Juniper GPU on oi_b148
- I recently updated from snv_b134 to oi_b148 and after that Xorg fails to produce an image when using the radeon drive...
- 09:09 AM Bug #563: OI_147 fails to boot on a RX300 S2
- See also: http://www.illumos.org/issues/551
- 01:11 AM Bug #579 (Closed): root account locking after installation
- By default the password for the root user is expired instead of a locked account or similar. A regular 'su -' will sh...
- 01:06 AM Feature #578 (Closed): Bug reporting links in GNOME
- Most bug reporting links embedded in GNOME dialogs still point to defects.opensolaris.org. I doubt they'll do anythin...
- 09:24 AM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- I have a Dell 610 laptop that also has a broadcom (bge) chip for its network. I had the same problem
as the original...
- 09:20 AM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- Taking, as I am responsible for the bge changes.
- 08:10 PM Bug #551: USB image fails during boot on Dell Precision M6300
- I have confirmed Julian Wiesener's statement re. oi_147 is OK.
(it has no problem on the Dell Precision M6300).
- 02:28 AM Feature #568 (Closed): [RFE] Support "Reverse-Debugging"
- Request for Extension: We would benefit from the ability to perform reverse debugging on our Kernel and User Code.
- 08:16 PM Bug #551: USB image fails during boot on Dell Precision M6300
- The bios on the Dell Precision M6300 does allow putting the SATA drive in
either ATA or EHCI mode. It was in ATA mo...
- 08:05 AM Bug #567: Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
- paolo marcheschi wrote:
> I found a workaoround:
> change the priority of opensolaris/dev to the first place:
- 07:46 AM Bug #567: Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
- I found a workaoround:
change the priority of opensolaris/dev to the first place:
- 07:16 AM Bug #567: Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
- It seems similar to this:
- 06:37 AM Bug #567: Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
- I can Add some other info:
paolo@opensolaris:~$ pfexec pkg list -a a2ps
NAME (PUBLISHER) ...
- 06:32 AM Bug #567 (Closed): Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
I try to explain,
I did an upgrade to Oi_148 from oi_147, and ALL seems to run fine.
But When i go to the Packa...
- 05:04 AM Bug #220: time slider not working
- Maxim Kondratovich wrote:
> It´s upgrade bug. If u delete database of humster it starts successfully.
It's wrong ...
- 02:33 AM Bug #220: time slider not working
- It´s upgrade bug. If u delete database of humster it starts successfully.
- 09:56 PM Bug #220: time slider not working
- Hi, I first noticed the time-slider not working message when shutting down after installing oi_147. It's still presen...
- 12:42 PM Feature #564 (Rejected): Broadcom WiFi driver
- It will be cool if oi will have support of this driver:
BCM4312 802.11b/g pciex14e4,4315.1028.b.1
- 12:08 PM Bug #537: time-slider is snapshotting swap and dump after upgrading to oi_147
- Notified upstream:
- 09:58 AM Bug #537: time-slider is snapshotting swap and dump after upgrading to oi_147
- I have identified a bug in how time-slider determines whether to do recursive snapshots. I guess my configuration is ...
- 07:18 AM Bug #537: time-slider is snapshotting swap and dump after upgrading to oi_147
I realized that this is also happening with my old BEs (e.g. rpool/ROOT/opensolaris-x) and indeed every ch...
- 08:33 AM Bug #563 (Resolved): OI_147 fails to boot on a RX300 S2
- Modifing the kernel command line in grub to read "-v -B console=ttya" gives this output:
- 11:24 PM Bug #542: Download page should show hashes
- N2Deep N2Deep wrote:
> I also would like to see the checksum files themselves say:
> image name <checksum>
- 09:43 PM Bug #542: Download page should show hashes
- I personally fell victim to mis-matched checksums that were "cached" on the dlc.
I have updated the main download ...
- 09:27 PM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- I won't rule out bge entirely as there were (previously tested) changes to the driver in oi_148. Can you try booting ...
- 09:20 PM Feature #228: fail2ban for OpenIndiana and friends
- Triaging feature request. A spec file can be submitted to OIAC and/or SFE to address this.
- 09:18 PM Bug #190 (Resolved): Need Release Notes
- Addressed for oi_148.
- 09:15 PM Bug #560: nwamd - unable to assign static IPv6 address as stated in manual
- This is just a consequence of man pages not being updated, @/etc/nwam/llp@ is not used for NWAM Phase I; see Oracle d...
- 04:04 AM Bug #560 (New): nwamd - unable to assign static IPv6 address as stated in manual
- After installing b148-text the nwamd manual states:
"A static IP address can be configured by changing the line in...
- 08:16 AM Bug #558: live usb gets to grub but doesn't boot
- Well, since I noticed that most operations started dumping core (even /usr/bin/ls), I prepared to abandon the fight.....
- 12:00 AM Bug #558 (Rejected): live usb gets to grub but doesn't boot
- After what seemed to be a near effortless upgrade from b134a to b148 OpenIndiana, I had upgraded the nvidia driver to...
- 07:34 AM Bug #496: heraia's interface is partially localized correctly
- Good catch. @/usr/gnu/bin/msgfmt@ is used. However when @/usr/bin/msgfmt@ (by exporting @MSGFMT@ environment variable...
- 02:30 AM Bug #546: Can not log in after update to OI b148
- This is what happens when I try single user mode without splashimage:
WARNING: cpu0: failed to update microco...
- 01:28 AM Bug #559 (Closed): ipadm man page does not exist
- The ipadm program is available and functional, but there is no man page available when "man ipadm" is executed.
- 09:14 PM Bug #253 (Feedback): popup mount volume warning
- Can't reproduce this in oi_148.
- 09:08 PM Bug #546: Can not log in after update to OI b148
- Is the password rejected?
At the GRUB menu, press 'e' to edit the GRUB entry for oi_148. Highlight and delete the @s...
- 04:31 AM Bug #546 (Closed): Can not log in after update to OI b148
- I just updated my Open Indiana machine from b147 to b148. After a reboot I can not login with my usual user or even r...
- 09:00 PM Bug #543: Hash files should be in appropriate format for md5sum -c
- We use @digest@ rather than GNU coreutils to generate hashes. As they are for individual files, I'm not terribly comp...
- 08:53 PM Feature #548 (Rejected): OI_148: Migrate to SFW_155 or later
- 10:10 AM Feature #548 (Rejected): OI_148: Migrate to SFW_155 or later
- The server packages in SFW_155 were updated to recent versions
of open source software important for software develo...
- 08:49 PM Bug #539 (Closed): OI_148: Printer preferences GUI fails to load
- 04:15 PM Bug #551: USB image fails during boot on Dell Precision M6300
- This issue is not USB related and also not limited to this modell. /pci@0,0/pci-ide@1f,2/ide@0/cmdk@0,0 is the SATA d...
- 01:12 PM Bug #551 (Resolved): USB image fails during boot on Dell Precision M6300
- On a Dell Precision M6300 (a laptop) where previous OpenSolaris builds worked very well, the USB image for oi_148 has...
- 09:24 AM Bug #547 (Resolved): Installer doesn't set opensolaris.org publisher non-sticky
- Chaos ensues...
- 09:17 PM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- Sorry for the mistake, it seems that the problem is not the bge0 driver...this time I booted adding "-m verbose", "-v...
- 08:51 PM Bug #544 (Resolved): BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
After updating oi_147 to oi_148, the system hangs when booting, immediately after the message:
- 06:49 PM Bug #543 (Rejected): Hash files should be in appropriate format for md5sum -c
- Subject says it all. The .md5 and .sha1 files should be in the format required for md5sum -c or sha1sum -c - namely <...
- 06:47 PM Bug #542 (Closed): Download page should show hashes
- The download page (http://openindiana.org/download/) should have the hashes shown directly - one proper source for th...
- 05:58 PM Bug #541 (Resolved): LiveCD won't boot on Lenovo T61p
- This laptop has been running OpenSolaris 134b and oi_147 using package manager.
Install doesn't recognize built-in...
- 05:14 PM Bug #489: Evolution/Exchange hangs loading folder contents
- Update/Migrate to JDS NEVADA_155 or later.
- 11:49 AM Feature #540 (Closed): OI_148 Update Nvidia driver to 260.19.29
- The newer Nvidia 260.19.29 driver adds support for the newer professional Quadro GFX cards such as:
- 11:28 AM Bug #367: X hangs when using nvidia drivers
- Requires DMA KVA fix per Oracle's bugster CR 7001754.
- 10:52 AM Bug #539 (Closed): OI_148: Printer preferences GUI fails to load
Result: Message 'desktop-print-management prefs is not available from cups print service".
- 10:28 AM Bug #537 (Closed): time-slider is snapshotting swap and dump after upgrading to oi_147
- As background, this is a x86 system that's been upgraded from OpenSolaris snv_133, and the time-slider configuration ...
Also available in: Atom