From 2010-12-20 to 2011-01-18
- 05:21 PM Feature #642: OI USB drive tutorial
- Sorry, you can delete, please don't ban me, i just want to help.
- 05:05 PM Feature #642 (Rejected): OI USB drive tutorial
- Can someone can make a tutorial for how to make an OI live usb on the wiki.
- 05:02 PM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- Thx ! ^_^
I will like to help you on the future. Now i will begin (i think the word was programming, coding ?) nex...
- 04:51 PM Feature #620: Other file system support
- Yes, NTFS minimum if you can, you can be help with tuxera ntfs opensource version because the mac version cost 31USD ...
- 08:54 AM Bug #617: update-refresh.sh in root cron error
- This appears to work ok in oi_148.
root@vbox_oi148:~# sh -x /usr/lib/update-manager/update-refresh.sh
- 10:28 AM Bug #232 (Closed): Networking failed after image-update
- 10:22 AM Bug #220: time slider not working
- Fresh install of oi_148. Works as expected, can't reproduce. Have you tried this is a fresh install?
- 10:06 AM Feature #488 (Feedback): VLC player
- Could possibly be looked at as part of the wider OIAC, depending on number of maintainers and developers.
- 07:30 AM Bug #634 (Closed): Live usb install to dd version testing (grub error)
- Advice given.
- 09:55 PM Bug #638 (Closed): audio playback regression since b134
- Happened to try rhythmbox since upgrading to b148 on my Shuttle SN41G2 (32-bit AMD barton).
In b134, sound was ok,...
- 12:03 PM Bug #580: Xorg failure when using the radeon driver with ATI Juniper GPU on oi_b148
- Hi Julian,
I've acknowledged that you want me to test booting with the live CD. I
don't have access to any CD-ROM ...
- 08:05 AM Bug #580 (Feedback): Xorg failure when using the radeon driver with ATI Juniper GPU on oi_b148
- i tried to contact robin and pleased him to do further tests. Since i've no access to any Radeon HD hardware, i'm una...
- 08:42 AM Bug #204 (Closed): pfexec doesn't seem to work
- Duplicate. New bug #636 created to cover all instances (#204, #579, #619) .
- 08:42 AM Bug #579 (Closed): root account locking after installation
- Duplicate. New bug #636 created to cover all instances (#204, #579, #619) .
- 08:41 AM Bug #619 (Closed): Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Duplicate. New bug #636 created to cover all instances (#204, #579, #619) .
- 02:49 AM Bug #619 (In Progress): Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Thanks for the update. I've repeated the issue. Seems to be installer related.
'sudo passwd root' to change root...
- 08:37 AM Bug #636 (Closed): Fix graphical installer to prevent root password expiring
- Root password is set to expire on installation.
Should be prompted to set password during install.
- 08:27 AM Bug #542 (Closed): Download page should show hashes
- Dupe of #543.
- 06:29 AM Bug #634: Live usb install to dd version testing (grub error)
- You should not use the dd image when using that tool. You either have to use the .usb image, with the usb creator, or...
- 03:50 AM Feature #620 (Feedback): Other file system support
- I would suggest ntfsprogs, but fuse is not included with the build. Is it NTFS that you are specifically after?
- 02:58 AM Bug #618 (Feedback): i/o hang with mega_sas driver
- A 'zpool status' might prove useful. And possibly a zfs/zpool get.
- 06:23 PM Bug #579: root account locking after installation
It can help you. Just have to test or have luck.
- 06:15 PM Feature #620: Other file system support
- I test more other file system and only the partition with OI can be used, i cannot mount other file system and not ot...
- 06:05 PM Bug #634: Live usb install to dd version testing (grub error)
- If it can help you (i don't think), my computer is an Dell Inspiron 1545
- 05:44 PM Bug #634 (Closed): Live usb install to dd version testing (grub error)
- Hello, i wanted to test your usb to dd version but grub boot fail with the windows usb creator for opensolaris. I tes...
- 05:34 PM Bug #619: Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Yata !!! (Japanese traduction : I did it !!!)
First I cannot mount my partition on live dvd. I boot the last insta...
- 11:17 AM Bug #619: Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Ok, I will test and I will bring the result.
- 12:45 AM Bug #619: Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Is this still an issue?
Just to rule it out, have you tried booting from the livecd, mounting your install and res...
- 11:22 AM Bug #621: HFS+ format and above delete after install openindiana
- Other wise, (sorry double post) I think it is the limit of max partition on OI can know. 3 Primary + 1 Extended into ...
- 11:20 AM Bug #621: HFS+ format and above delete after install openindiana
- If you can, you can does it with iatkos and some hackintosh tutorial. I think it is because it don't reconized the HT...
- 12:59 AM Bug #621: HFS+ format and above delete after install openindiana
- What version of OI are you using here?
I'll try and reproduce your issue over the next couple of days, certainly w...
- 09:33 AM Bug #205: Crash in package manager
- Can you let us know if you are still experiencing this issue in oi148?
- 03:23 AM Bug #257: Iftop does not work
- I spoke too soon. The version quoted in the release notes refers to the pre-release. 0.17 is the latest stable.
- 02:24 AM Bug #257 (In Progress): Iftop does not work
- Following on from Jon's advice, your ath0 interface has both IPv6 and IPv4 addresses. If you disable IPv6 does it wor...
- 01:48 AM Feature #540: OI_148 Update Nvidia driver to 260.19.29
- Nvidia driver update to be looked at for inclusion in oi_illumos. Not until then.
- 12:47 AM Bug #605 (Closed): new install, no desktop, stuck at login prompt
- Closing as this is covered by feature request #540.
- 12:33 AM Bug #589 (Closed): Graphics corruption on reboot (oi_148)
- I suspect this is something do do with the age of my laptop, and technically the nvidia drivers shipped with OI don't...
- 10:33 AM Feature #630 (Closed): Creating cacao consolidation from S11X drop
- We may have sufficient information to package cacao:
- 10:00 AM Bug #204: pfexec doesn't seem to work
- For some reason, the 148 live media installer is missing gber's changes to prompt for the root password separately (a...
- 04:43 PM Bug #619: Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- I test with an another password on installation and it don't work more than before... I thinked it is because I use a...
- 04:40 PM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- Grub-Legacy don't have the great feature than the Grub2 version, it found all of my OS without effort. Grub2 are more...
- 11:44 AM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- I'd like this too. Some people put a special boot manager in the MBR and/or another partition, which will basically ...
- 11:54 AM Bug #595: first panic crash with openindiana b148
- Interesting. You might learn more if you can reproduce this (a) with a debug build of illumos, and (b) with kmem_fla...
- 05:39 AM Feature #540: OI_148 Update Nvidia driver to 260.19.29
- Adding update suggestion for Nvidia Cg 3.0 (Nov 2010 version or higher) package inclusion into OpenIndiana IPS.
- 09:29 AM Feature #622 (New): Choose MBR installation
- After i install your os, I just have 2 OS on the bootloader (W7 and OI) because it is grub1... When i install all of ...
- 09:22 AM Bug #621 (Closed): HFS+ format and above delete after install openindiana
- Hi, on the installion, openindiana ask for the partition for the OS, I chose SDA9 (Sorry don't know naming of opensol...
- 09:16 AM Feature #620 (Resolved): Other file system support
- Hi, like i say on my other topic, i cannot transfert file with other operating system, all of my other OS know NTFS p...
- 09:11 AM Bug #619 (Closed): Cannot connect into Root, password acces denied
- Hi, i see on the real opensolaris web site that is attemp some more of 1000 people. After my installation, i reboot a...
- 12:10 PM Bug #618 (Closed): i/o hang with mega_sas driver
- We have a system that has five (5) MegaRAID 8888ELP cards. of the 10 channels on these cards, 9 of them are connecte...
- 12:21 PM Bug #617 (Resolved): update-refresh.sh in root cron error
- This is from OI build 147.
Your "cron" job on vps5
produced the foll...
- 02:27 AM Bug #609: Missing "man" manual entries
- Likewise the man entry for ipadm is missing.
- 02:25 AM Bug #605: new install, no desktop, stuck at login prompt
- GTX580 cards are quite new. The current NVIDIA driver in oi (256.44) does not appear to support the newer cards.
- 07:34 AM Bug #609 (Closed): Missing "man" manual entries
- I just discovered that the command beadm has no manual entry in my installation of oi_b148, and yet it is present in ...
- 07:53 AM Bug #605 (Closed): new install, no desktop, stuck at login prompt
- The wiki said to let you know if I get stuck at text login (because of possible graphics driver problem I guess).
- 05:36 PM Bug #598 (Closed): OI update nothing does nothing
- scb@Constantine:~$ uname -a
SunOS Constantine 5.11 snv_134b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
scb@Constantine:~$ pfexec pkg ...
- 10:31 AM Bug #581: Wrong keyboard layout after update from snv_b134 to oi_b148
- the way the keyboars layout get cofigured has changed, you will have to set the layout using svccfg.
- 10:16 AM Bug #551: USB image fails during boot on Dell Precision M6300
- It turns out, that the new bge driver was the problem for my system. It would be great if you can confirm this by dis...
- 05:35 AM Bug #596: DDU - Does not install cardbus driver from OI repo
- root@openindiana:~# pkg install -v pkg://firstname.lastname@example.org,5.11-0.148
No updates necessary f...
- 03:08 AM Bug #596 (Closed): DDU - Does not install cardbus driver from OI repo
- Running DDU detects a problem with my Texas Instruments PCI7420/7620 Combo Cardbus, 1394a-2000 OHCI and SD/MS-Pro Con...
- 03:11 AM Bug #597 (Closed): First time login assistant persists if skipped at login
- First time login assistant should not asked the user to setup every login if previously skipped.
- 01:32 AM Bug #595 (Closed): first panic crash with openindiana b148
- the only remarkable action was mounting with smbfs a shared dvd drive from a windows xp laptop
with # mount -F smbf...
- 09:38 AM Bug #246 (Closed): latencytop still OpenSolaris branded
- 09:38 AM Bug #238 (Closed): powertop still OpenSolaris branded
- 09:17 AM Bug #594 (Resolved): lighttpd + SSL fails
- Upstream fix applied to oi_sfw and added to mq_sfw repos.
- 09:40 PM Bug #594 (Resolved): lighttpd + SSL fails
- lighttpd that comes with OI, build 147 and 148:
lighttpd/1.4.23 (ssl) - a light and fast webserver
- 07:15 AM Bug #589: Graphics corruption on reboot (oi_148)
- I have also enabled virtual terminals, switching to any of the virtual terminals also results in the same issue. At t...
- 03:14 AM Bug #589 (Closed): Graphics corruption on reboot (oi_148)
- Sony VGN-S3XP Laptop with GeForce Go 6200 using Nvidia drivers shipped with oi_148 (256.44).
Using the default gru...
- 03:33 AM Bug #590 (Closed): Device driver utility feedback email address
- The device driver utility has a "Feedback alias" listed at the bottom left of the application which still points to "...
- 09:06 AM Bug #584 (Resolved): OI has man page for patchadd command
- pacthadd command is no longer being used and has been removed, however, OI has man page for patchadd.
- 06:27 AM Bug #563: OI_147 fails to boot on a RX300 S2
- oi_148 fails the same: I booted a oi_148 CD with -v -B console=ttya and it gave:
- 02:17 PM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- The workaround is http://pkgdev.openindiana.org/~trisk/bge-oldintr.tar.bz2 - which omits the interrupt acknowledgemen...
- 10:38 AM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- I was given some binaries to test by illumos login Triskelios.
They worked. They came in a tarball labeled bge-oldin...
- 01:19 PM Bug #582 (Resolved): Gnome slow login procedure.
- After entering the login credentials at the gdm login splash, the system halts and takes about 2 minutes before it br...
- 01:04 PM Bug #581 (Closed): Wrong keyboard layout after update from snv_b134 to oi_b148
- I'm using the swedish keyboard layout and after the update it was using the U.S. English layout. I saw that a Swedish...
- 12:57 PM Bug #580 (Resolved): Xorg failure when using the radeon driver with ATI Juniper GPU on oi_b148
- I recently updated from snv_b134 to oi_b148 and after that Xorg fails to produce an image when using the radeon drive...
- 09:09 AM Bug #563: OI_147 fails to boot on a RX300 S2
- See also: http://www.illumos.org/issues/551
- 01:11 AM Bug #579 (Closed): root account locking after installation
- By default the password for the root user is expired instead of a locked account or similar. A regular 'su -' will sh...
- 01:06 AM Feature #578 (Closed): Bug reporting links in GNOME
- Most bug reporting links embedded in GNOME dialogs still point to defects.opensolaris.org. I doubt they'll do anythin...
- 09:24 AM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- I have a Dell 610 laptop that also has a broadcom (bge) chip for its network. I had the same problem
as the original...
- 09:20 AM Bug #544: BGE driver hangs system after update to oi_148
- Taking, as I am responsible for the bge changes.
- 08:10 PM Bug #551: USB image fails during boot on Dell Precision M6300
- I have confirmed Julian Wiesener's statement re. oi_147 is OK.
(it has no problem on the Dell Precision M6300).
- 02:28 AM Feature #568 (Closed): [RFE] Support "Reverse-Debugging"
- Request for Extension: We would benefit from the ability to perform reverse debugging on our Kernel and User Code.
- 08:16 PM Bug #551: USB image fails during boot on Dell Precision M6300
- The bios on the Dell Precision M6300 does allow putting the SATA drive in
either ATA or EHCI mode. It was in ATA mo...
- 08:05 AM Bug #567: Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
- paolo marcheschi wrote:
> I found a workaoround:
> change the priority of opensolaris/dev to the first place:
- 07:46 AM Bug #567: Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
- I found a workaoround:
change the priority of opensolaris/dev to the first place:
- 07:16 AM Bug #567: Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
- It seems similar to this:
- 06:37 AM Bug #567: Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
- I can Add some other info:
paolo@opensolaris:~$ pfexec pkg list -a a2ps
NAME (PUBLISHER) ...
- 06:32 AM Bug #567 (Closed): Upgrading to OI_148 seems a partial Update
I try to explain,
I did an upgrade to Oi_148 from oi_147, and ALL seems to run fine.
But When i go to the Packa...
- 05:04 AM Bug #220: time slider not working
- Maxim Kondratovich wrote:
> It´s upgrade bug. If u delete database of humster it starts successfully.
It's wrong ...
- 02:33 AM Bug #220: time slider not working
- It´s upgrade bug. If u delete database of humster it starts successfully.
- 09:56 PM Bug #220: time slider not working
- Hi, I first noticed the time-slider not working message when shutting down after installing oi_147. It's still presen...
- 12:42 PM Feature #564 (Rejected): Broadcom WiFi driver
- It will be cool if oi will have support of this driver:
BCM4312 802.11b/g pciex14e4,4315.1028.b.1
- 12:08 PM Bug #537: time-slider is snapshotting swap and dump after upgrading to oi_147
- Notified upstream:
- 09:58 AM Bug #537: time-slider is snapshotting swap and dump after upgrading to oi_147
- I have identified a bug in how time-slider determines whether to do recursive snapshots. I guess my configuration is ...
- 07:18 AM Bug #537: time-slider is snapshotting swap and dump after upgrading to oi_147
I realized that this is also happening with my old BEs (e.g. rpool/ROOT/opensolaris-x) and indeed every ch...
- 08:33 AM Bug #563 (Resolved): OI_147 fails to boot on a RX300 S2
- Modifing the kernel command line in grub to read "-v -B console=ttya" gives this output:
Also available in: Atom