From 2011-05-09 to 2011-06-07
- 08:11 PM Bug #1094 (Resolved): gui-install crashing
- gui-install on the live dvd built using packages from http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il repository is crashing after ...
- 08:08 PM Bug #697: broken libusb.so.1
Is the fix in a mercurial patch queue?
- 07:42 PM Bug #985: /dev-il lacks old package names
- After oi_151 ships this bug will presumably be resolved since /dev-il will be retired, and people can flip back to us...
- 07:22 PM Bug #547: Installer doesn't set opensolaris.org publisher non-sticky
- After discussion during last weeks #oi-meeting, we decided we would update IPS present in oi_148 to deliver a self-de...
- 12:50 PM Bug #1065: Disk IO deadlocks UI
- I can't duplicate this symptom. So could you update the output " /usr/sbin/prtconf -v" and the system information you...
- 09:12 AM Bug #759 (Closed): OpenIndiana does not wake up the screen after screensaver kicks in on illumos based oi_148
- 08:43 AM Bug #759: OpenIndiana does not wake up the screen after screensaver kicks in on illumos based oi_148
- Unreproducible on newer releases. I don't have broken one installed any more.
- 09:06 PM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- > I recently did a test, changing the bootdevice from the first to the second disk, wasn't a
> problem. seems to be...
- 09:02 PM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- > Have you tried to install grub manually from live dvd with alldisks attached?
> /a/usr/sbin/installgrub -m /a/boot...
- 10:27 AM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- i recently did a test, changing the bootdevice from the first to the second disk, wasn't a problem. seems to be more ...
- 12:26 PM Bug #304: Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- I've just checked, and I can't find a copy of the email that I should have gotten last month - not sure where that em...
- 12:20 PM Bug #304 (Feedback): Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- Sorry, I hadn't noticed your response of last month. Testing against OI_147 seems pointless now, so I've tried a live...
- 11:27 AM Bug #304 (Closed): Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- no feedback
- 11:32 AM Bug #329 (Closed): Package Manager cannot remove gcc?
- no feedback
- 10:30 AM Bug #598 (Closed): OI update nothing does nothing
- no feedback
- 10:23 AM Bug #1034: panic with b148 hment_remove() missing in hash table
- seems there are problems with some specific hardware, i got similar reports. However, so far we didn't got a reproduc...
- 05:29 PM Bug #1090: net-snmp shouldn't define HAVE_CPP_UNDERBAR_FUNCTION_DEFINED
- That's with:...
- 05:27 PM Bug #1090 (Closed): net-snmp shouldn't define HAVE_CPP_UNDERBAR_FUNCTION_DEFINED
- system/management/snmp/net-snmp shouldn't have HAVE_CPP_UNDERBAR_FUNCTION_DEFINED defined in net-snmp/net-snmp-config...
- 11:41 AM Bug #1089 (Closed): NVIDIA driver not updated as promised for b151
- NVIDIA driver version in the IPS repository is 256.44 for now which is very old.
The actual version is 270.41.19. Is...
- 08:53 AM Bug #1086 (Closed): Russian input method
- After upgrade to b151, I can't switch to Russian input method in any apllication. Open input method preference editor...
- 09:12 PM Bug #1085 (Closed): AI install fails with text-install
- My packages list:
<ICT May 31 20:47:08> current task:set_boot_device_...
- 06:37 PM Bug #697: broken libusb.so.1
- This bug was fixed in oi_148b but is back with oi_151
Because of this, the apcusbd program crashes like it did in ...
- 02:39 PM Bug #1084 (New): Chinese inputmethod lost in b151
- After upgrade to b151, I can't switch to chinese input method in any apllication. Open input method preference edit...
- 12:04 PM Feature #1083 (Closed): terminal support in nano and vim uses curses instead of ncurses, need switch
- Features like automatic resizing inside of a terminal don't work as a consequence. This is likely to be a more genera...
- 03:42 PM Bug #1078 (Resolved): illumos-gate build issues on oi_151
- There appears to be some issues when building illumos-gate on oi_151. The environment I'm using is a fresh install f...
- 02:29 PM Bug #1071: kdestroy generates console errors for GSSAPI-related kernel modules
- The problem looks to be simply that pkg:/system/kernel/secure-rpc doesn't have pkg:/system/kernel/security/gss as a d...
- 01:57 PM Bug #1071 (Resolved): kdestroy generates console errors for GSSAPI-related kernel modules
- Need to dig in to see what's happening here and what these are about:
May 28 14:44:52 bloomington genunix: /kernel...
- 05:32 PM Bug #1064: image-update failure in file upgrade action
- Different package this time:...
- 03:28 PM Bug #1064: image-update failure in file upgrade action
- Recurs at different files in pkg://openindiana.org/system/input-method/iiim/hangul every time I run @image-update@.
- 03:56 PM Bug #1066: tcl/tk 64bit not working
- The "load" function itself should probably be aware of $ISALIST somehow.
- 03:29 PM Bug #1066 (Resolved): tcl/tk 64bit not working
- I get the following error running the 64bit tclsh (/usr/bin/amd64/tclsh8.4), trying to load the Tk package:...
- 05:40 AM Bug #1054: dev-148b Gnome Invest Panel Applet Chart Failure
- Still broken in dev-151.
- 05:39 AM Bug #1053: dev-148b Gnome Workplace Switcher Glitch
- Gnome Workspace Switcher is still broken in 151 - although I can add a data point that this occurs on login following...
- 04:41 AM Bug #1065 (Closed): Disk IO deadlocks UI
- For some reason, after heavy disk i/o the OpenIndiana desktop UI becomes laggy. A number of times the entire desktop ...
- 11:49 PM Bug #1064: image-update failure in file upgrade action
- 11:45 PM Bug #1064 (Closed): image-update failure in file upgrade action
- Testing yesterday's /dev-il update, I get this image-update failure:...
- 07:50 PM Bug #1024: Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- The gui installer *doesn't* have this issue, so for oi_151 I'm going to unify the logic between text and gui installe...
- 06:32 PM Feature #1061: update dbus
- First of all I made a mistake in the original post, it's --localstatedir=/var, not --with-localstatedir=/var.
- 03:01 PM Feature #1061: update dbus
- The development release after oi_151 will likely ship with at least 1.2.26 since it was updated in JDS b157.
- 02:09 PM Bug #1055: Root user password + GUI tools problem
- > Either password for root needs to not expire (unlikely), or we need to check for expiry and pop up a nice dialog as...
- 04:57 PM Feature #1061 (Closed): update dbus
- Please upate dbus to version 1.2.26. It will be needed by my port of HAL 0.5.14.
Downloading the source and confi...
- 04:52 PM Bug #1055: Root user password + GUI tools problem
- sudo works fine. pfexec is the problem
- 07:46 PM Bug #1024: Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- Just got hit by this myself 48GiB RAM onto 37GB boot SSDs.
No work around for me, at the moment as can't remove st...
- 11:42 PM Feature #1058 (Resolved): A number of fonts is good to update
- 11:53 AM Bug #1040: Oi 148 text installer: ipadm (DHCP?) address object conflict creation
- I try to duplicate.
- 04:20 PM Bug #1055 (Closed): Root user password + GUI tools problem
- On a fresh install of OI, the root password is expired and requires changing before commands like sudo can be ran. Th...
- 05:49 AM Bug #1054 (Closed): dev-148b Gnome Invest Panel Applet Chart Failure
- Testing dev-148b I note Gnome's Invest applet fails to display
charts. Otherwise seems to work w.r.t. monitoring q...
- 05:47 AM Bug #1053 (Closed): dev-148b Gnome Workplace Switcher Glitch
- Testing 148b I note that mouse wheeling over gnome switcher does not change desktops. Until, I right click and go to...
- 01:12 PM Bug #1048 (Closed): getpass.getpass python function doesn't hide input
- The following code should print "Password: " on the command line, then get user text input without displaying it on ...
- 08:17 PM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- i wouldn't think of it as a showstopper, since you can chainload an other partition with an other bootloader from oi ...
- 03:04 PM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- Further, as I understand this, grub2 (or not) is mostly irrelevant to this issue.
The problem is really just: Update...
- 03:03 PM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- This issue is a "show stopper" for some people who want to do a "dual boot"
install into a second partition (i.e. af...
- 11:29 AM Feature #622: Choose MBR installation
- grub2 will made it into illumos, we'll not modify the installer for 151
- 03:01 PM Bug #1040 (Closed): Oi 148 text installer: ipadm (DHCP?) address object conflict creation
- Attempt to perform a _fresh_ install - cold boot, text mode
After doing _only_ selection of language and keyboard,...
- 11:45 AM Bug #985: /dev-il lacks old package names
- see also https://www.illumos.org/issues/987
- 11:44 AM Bug #987 (Closed): oi-148b (repo dev-il) cannot install a zone
- see https://www.illumos.org/issues/985
- 11:41 AM Feature #726: Virtual consoles should be enabled by default
- not for 151
- 11:40 AM Bug #697: broken libusb.so.1
- if i remember correctly, it is already fixed with 148b, needs to be checked
- 11:36 AM Bug #596 (Closed): DDU - Does not install cardbus driver from OI repo
- 11:23 AM Feature #540 (Closed): OI_148 Update Nvidia driver to 260.19.29
- 02:58 PM Bug #1034: panic with b148 hment_remove() missing in hash table
- Ran memtest86+ and Windows Memory Diagnostic from UBCD 5.0.3
no problems indicated.
- 11:02 AM Bug #1034 (Feedback): panic with b148 hment_remove() missing in hash table
- Random panics are most likely caused by bad memory (ECC less memory will not show up as broken in fmadm). Please run ...
- 10:21 AM Bug #1034: panic with b148 hment_remove() missing in hash table
- another crash (I wasn't even there, was out in the garden)...
- 11:55 AM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- Have you tried to install grub manually from live dvd with alldisks attached?
/a/usr/sbin/installgrub -m /a/boot/g...
- 07:27 PM Feature #1035 (Closed): IPv6 Features
- Can ISC DHCP client and server be integrated into OpenIndiana to provide full IPv6 support?
Does OpenIndiana suppo...
- 04:04 PM Bug #1034 (Closed): panic with b148 hment_remove() missing in hash table
- Panic during firefox session
core dump available upon request......
- 04:24 PM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- What is more, the same behavior is when I use Solaris 11.
I tried to use openindiana in hope that it doesn't behave ...
- 04:21 PM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- The problem is, that you are only partially right.
BIOS/Controller init sequence config is not always available (rig...
- 03:15 PM Bug #1025 (Feedback): GRUB loading failure
- Sorry i don't see a Bug here. If you change the disk order for the boot disk (by inserting disk to the prefered off-b...
- 01:07 PM Bug #1025 (Closed): GRUB loading failure
- System Configuration: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-790XT-USB3
BIOS Configuration: Award Software International, ...
- 11:21 PM Bug #1024: Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- Thanks - we'll target oi_151 for a fix for this, if its possible without delaying the release. Otherwise we'll supply...
- 10:15 PM Bug #1024: Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- Text mode.
We ended up removing enough ram so the installer would run without errors and then putting it back in.
- 09:12 PM Bug #1024: Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- Yes, unfortunately the logic is a bit suspect here.
Is this the Live graphical installer, or the text mode installer?
- 06:58 PM Bug #1024 (Closed): Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- We tried to install oi build 148 x86 Server (both from dvd and usb) and the installation always failed because the sw...
- 09:14 AM Bug #590 (Closed): Device driver utility feedback email address
- 08:58 AM Bug #1011 (Rejected): potential workgroup share problem on oi_148 upgrade
- We need to isolate the problem to be able to fix it. Since you cannot reproduce the problem, nor do we have a detaile...
- 08:53 AM Bug #1019: nautilus regression with march update of oi_148 and cifs client
we need further information, since we'll not setup a samba server just to try to reproduce. Please try to find...
- 05:16 AM Bug #1019 (Closed): nautilus regression with march update of oi_148 and cifs client
- in the continuation of https://www.illumos.org/issues/1011 I noticed another anomaly, this time with cifs client and ...
- 08:02 PM Bug #1013: time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- reported: http://defect.opensolaris.org/bz/show_bug.cgi?id=18302
- 07:20 PM Bug #1013 (In Progress): time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- time_slider/zfs.py is part of JDS, please report to upstream also
- 04:46 PM Bug #1013: time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- Ok, fixed
Ok assuming included is in correct order (as it should due to directly created from zfs list output), th...
- 03:52 PM Bug #1013: time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- ok got it. I added code to get some contents around the expected hit in recursive. It looks like that the code that s...
- 03:23 PM Bug #1013: time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- ok added some code that tells me what recursive snapshots are done, here the new error output:
... (some other) ...
- 02:24 PM Bug #1013: time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- Ok, got even closer it is in the for loop over the recursive array (lines 137 to 152)
- 01:42 PM Bug #1013: time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- Ok, I found the point of interest. Seems like a failure in /usr/share/time-slider/lib/time_slider/zfs.py - method: cr...
- 07:29 AM Bug #1013 (Resolved): time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- 04:53 AM Bug #1011 (Rejected): potential workgroup share problem on oi_148 upgrade
- just to signal a potential upgrade problem, we've been running an oi_148 server with a smb share (ZFS) for quite a wh...
- 06:52 PM Bug #1009 (Resolved): NIC supported under snv_134b missing in io_148
Yesterday I finally updated my snv_134b build to io_148.
After doing so, OpenIndiana could not find the net...
- 09:54 AM Bug #372 (Closed): console-kit-daemon errors during boot
- since i cannot reproduce eben the warning using oi_illumos (consolekit online) and the bug was not reported against a...
- 09:39 AM Feature #277 (Rejected): No easy way to configure VPN
- since we have currently no plans to implement this feature
- 09:23 AM Bug #220 (Resolved): time slider not working
- Original problem already fixed in 148, manual steps need to be done as possible results of an upgrade from earlier ve...
Also available in: Atom