From 2011-05-19 to 2011-06-17
- 10:25 PM Bug #1113 (New): users-admin - su not succeeded
- Michael, ah, I didn't realize you were configured to use German. I can reproduce the error you report running "users...
- 06:34 AM Bug #1113: users-admin - su not succeeded
- Michael Widmann wrote:
> Chris Jordan wrote:
> Hi Chris
> I downloaded from the openindiana homepage the buil...
- 02:22 PM Bug #1114: text installer not booting when disabling on-board NIC
- Some background information: the reason why I would like to disable the NIC was that I couldn't make it work properly...
- 10:36 PM Bug #1113: users-admin - su not succeeded
- Chris Jordan wrote:
I downloaded from the openindiana homepage the build but Í'm not sure if it is oi...
- 08:51 PM Bug #1113 (Feedback): users-admin - su not succeeded
- Michael, that is odd. I just did a fresh install of 151 (from oi-dev-151-x86-20110608-1.iso) and the log file is in ...
- 08:37 AM Bug #1113: users-admin - su not succeeded
- Chris Jordan wrote:
> Assigning to "OI JDS". Michael Widmann, I believe users-admin puts debug logs in /var/run/se...
- 09:45 PM Bug #1094: gui-install crashing
- Albert Lee wrote:
> I've separately prepared what should be a more robust fix, this should handle locales with encod...
- 05:08 PM Bug #1094: gui-install crashing
- I've separately prepared what should be a more robust fix, this should handle locales with encodings (zh_CN.UTF-8) co...
- 06:45 PM Bug #1013: time-slider fails to take snapshots on complex dataset/snapshot configuration
- One-line fix looks correct to me.
- 05:33 PM Bug #1078: illumos-gate build issues on oi_151
- A long-term change which would make this issue go away is described here:
- 09:10 PM Bug #1114 (Feedback): text installer not booting when disabling on-board NIC
- We're glad to hear you would like to try OI, but I'm afraid we aren't going to be able to help you much with this iss...
- 08:56 PM Bug #1113: users-admin - su not succeeded
- Assigning to "OI JDS". Michael Widmann, I believe users-admin puts debug logs in /var/run/setup-tool-backends/debug...
- 12:17 PM Bug #1078: illumos-gate build issues on oi_151
- This should be considered a blocker as it affects building illumos
- 11:01 PM Bug #1114 (Closed): text installer not booting when disabling on-board NIC
- For my home server, I would like to try OI. But when disabling the on-board NIC in the bios (because I have an Intel ...
- 07:09 PM Bug #1113: users-admin - su not succeeded
- btw: forgotten: su / pfexec seems to work normally...
- 07:06 PM Bug #1113 (Closed): users-admin - su not succeeded
- I do have the following problem here:
Starting users-manager - the GTK window appears and tells me - you don't ha...
- 11:57 AM Bug #1054: dev-148b Gnome Invest Panel Applet Chart Failure
- Assigning to "OI JDS".
- 03:12 PM Bug #1084 (Feedback): Chinese inputmethod lost in b151
- Andrzej Szeszo wrote:
> Hi West
> Can you please check if you can see a list of languages after enabling input ...
- 10:22 AM Bug #1084: Chinese inputmethod lost in b151
- Hi West
Can you please check if you can see a list of languages after enabling input method framework after going ...
- 11:51 AM Feature #1103: Improve caiman dump device size selection
- Assigning to "OI Caiman".
- 03:34 PM Bug #1065: Disk IO deadlocks UI
- Today I installed oi-151 on my ThinkPad x100e with MV-40 AMD CPU. When I use packagemanager GUI to install something,...
- 11:26 PM Feature #1103: Improve caiman dump device size selection
- That ioctl is DIOCGETDUMPSIZE, implementation is: http://src.illumos.org/source/xref/illumos-gate/usr/src/uts/common/...
- 11:24 PM Feature #1103 (New): Improve caiman dump device size selection
- richlowe suggested caiman might be improved to use the same algorithm dumpadm uses for selecting the dump device size...
- 01:17 PM Bug #367 (Feedback): X hangs when using nvidia drivers
- Resolved with Nvidia 275.09.04 driver update included with oi_151. Please test all affected platforms with oi_151 Li...
- 01:06 PM Bug #1009 (Feedback): NIC supported under snv_134b missing in io_148
- Test with oi_151.
- 01:00 PM Bug #697 (Feedback): broken libusb.so.1
- Here are tested libusb 0.1.8 binaries tested for oi_151 as a workaround. Need inclusion in oi_151 respin as immediate...
- 11:57 PM Bug #1099 (Closed): OI_151 Fails to boot via CD Supermicro X8DTU via remote console.
- I have a X8DTU based machine that won't boot. I have included a screen capture of where the boot process ends.
- 11:04 PM Bug #1098 (New): Text installer: Local time
- OI 151 Text installer does not calculate local time based on selected time zone (GUI installer does).
- 08:39 PM Bug #1086 (Closed): Russian input method
- This is a duplicate of bug #1084 (which is for the Chinese input method, but in both bug reports the Available Langua...
- 08:36 PM Bug #1084: Chinese inputmethod lost in b151
- Assigning to "OI G11n". Note the identical problem was reported in bug #1086 for the Russian input method.
- 01:27 PM Bug #427 (Feedback): pkg needs release notes URL
- Related tags are resolved/closed. Latest release notes posted on Wiki and home page.
- 01:18 PM Bug #1094 (Feedback): gui-install crashing
- GUI Installer was fixed yesterday.
- 10:23 AM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- Looks like the same problem is reproducible in VirtualBox
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create VM with 2 sata disks (cha...
- 04:03 PM Bug #1089 (Closed): NVIDIA driver not updated as promised for b151
- 275.09.04 driver has been pushed to http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il reposotory. Closing.
- 03:04 PM Bug #1094: gui-install crashing
- This problem happened when user selects Japanese.
- 12:30 PM Bug #1094: gui-install crashing
- The code has further issues, in two cases it does not check whether the return value of substitute_chinese_language i...
- 10:51 AM Bug #1094: gui-install crashing
- The for-loop in substitute_chinese_language in liborchestrator/locale.c:1677 presupposes that the array of structs ch...
- 11:37 AM Bug #1078: illumos-gate build issues on oi_151
- Setting assignee to OI SFW since net-snmp is in that consolidation. Note this was also reported in bug #1090.
- 11:20 AM Bug #1090 (Closed): net-snmp shouldn't define HAVE_CPP_UNDERBAR_FUNCTION_DEFINED
- This is a duplicate of bug #1078, so I am closing it.
- 08:11 PM Bug #1094 (Resolved): gui-install crashing
- gui-install on the live dvd built using packages from http://pkg.openindiana.org/dev-il repository is crashing after ...
- 08:08 PM Bug #697: broken libusb.so.1
Is the fix in a mercurial patch queue?
- 07:42 PM Bug #985: /dev-il lacks old package names
- After oi_151 ships this bug will presumably be resolved since /dev-il will be retired, and people can flip back to us...
- 07:22 PM Bug #547: Installer doesn't set opensolaris.org publisher non-sticky
- After discussion during last weeks #oi-meeting, we decided we would update IPS present in oi_148 to deliver a self-de...
- 12:50 PM Bug #1065: Disk IO deadlocks UI
- I can't duplicate this symptom. So could you update the output " /usr/sbin/prtconf -v" and the system information you...
- 09:12 AM Bug #759 (Closed): OpenIndiana does not wake up the screen after screensaver kicks in on illumos based oi_148
- 08:43 AM Bug #759: OpenIndiana does not wake up the screen after screensaver kicks in on illumos based oi_148
- Unreproducible on newer releases. I don't have broken one installed any more.
- 09:06 PM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- > I recently did a test, changing the bootdevice from the first to the second disk, wasn't a
> problem. seems to be...
- 09:02 PM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- > Have you tried to install grub manually from live dvd with alldisks attached?
> /a/usr/sbin/installgrub -m /a/boot...
- 10:27 AM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- i recently did a test, changing the bootdevice from the first to the second disk, wasn't a problem. seems to be more ...
- 12:26 PM Bug #304: Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- I've just checked, and I can't find a copy of the email that I should have gotten last month - not sure where that em...
- 12:20 PM Bug #304 (Feedback): Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- Sorry, I hadn't noticed your response of last month. Testing against OI_147 seems pointless now, so I've tried a live...
- 11:27 AM Bug #304 (Closed): Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- no feedback
- 11:32 AM Bug #329 (Closed): Package Manager cannot remove gcc?
- no feedback
- 10:30 AM Bug #598 (Closed): OI update nothing does nothing
- no feedback
- 10:23 AM Bug #1034: panic with b148 hment_remove() missing in hash table
- seems there are problems with some specific hardware, i got similar reports. However, so far we didn't got a reproduc...
- 05:29 PM Bug #1090: net-snmp shouldn't define HAVE_CPP_UNDERBAR_FUNCTION_DEFINED
- That's with:...
- 05:27 PM Bug #1090 (Closed): net-snmp shouldn't define HAVE_CPP_UNDERBAR_FUNCTION_DEFINED
- system/management/snmp/net-snmp shouldn't have HAVE_CPP_UNDERBAR_FUNCTION_DEFINED defined in net-snmp/net-snmp-config...
- 11:41 AM Bug #1089 (Closed): NVIDIA driver not updated as promised for b151
- NVIDIA driver version in the IPS repository is 256.44 for now which is very old.
The actual version is 270.41.19. Is...
- 08:53 AM Bug #1086 (Closed): Russian input method
- After upgrade to b151, I can't switch to Russian input method in any apllication. Open input method preference editor...
- 09:12 PM Bug #1085 (Closed): AI install fails with text-install
- My packages list:
<ICT May 31 20:47:08> current task:set_boot_device_...
- 06:37 PM Bug #697: broken libusb.so.1
- This bug was fixed in oi_148b but is back with oi_151
Because of this, the apcusbd program crashes like it did in ...
- 02:39 PM Bug #1084 (New): Chinese inputmethod lost in b151
- After upgrade to b151, I can't switch to chinese input method in any apllication. Open input method preference edit...
- 12:04 PM Feature #1083 (Closed): terminal support in nano and vim uses curses instead of ncurses, need switch
- Features like automatic resizing inside of a terminal don't work as a consequence. This is likely to be a more genera...
- 03:42 PM Bug #1078 (Resolved): illumos-gate build issues on oi_151
- There appears to be some issues when building illumos-gate on oi_151. The environment I'm using is a fresh install f...
- 02:29 PM Bug #1071: kdestroy generates console errors for GSSAPI-related kernel modules
- The problem looks to be simply that pkg:/system/kernel/secure-rpc doesn't have pkg:/system/kernel/security/gss as a d...
- 01:57 PM Bug #1071 (Resolved): kdestroy generates console errors for GSSAPI-related kernel modules
- Need to dig in to see what's happening here and what these are about:
May 28 14:44:52 bloomington genunix: /kernel...
- 05:32 PM Bug #1064: image-update failure in file upgrade action
- Different package this time:...
- 03:28 PM Bug #1064: image-update failure in file upgrade action
- Recurs at different files in pkg://openindiana.org/system/input-method/iiim/hangul every time I run @image-update@.
- 03:56 PM Bug #1066: tcl/tk 64bit not working
- The "load" function itself should probably be aware of $ISALIST somehow.
- 03:29 PM Bug #1066 (Resolved): tcl/tk 64bit not working
- I get the following error running the 64bit tclsh (/usr/bin/amd64/tclsh8.4), trying to load the Tk package:...
- 05:40 AM Bug #1054: dev-148b Gnome Invest Panel Applet Chart Failure
- Still broken in dev-151.
- 05:39 AM Bug #1053: dev-148b Gnome Workplace Switcher Glitch
- Gnome Workspace Switcher is still broken in 151 - although I can add a data point that this occurs on login following...
- 04:41 AM Bug #1065 (Closed): Disk IO deadlocks UI
- For some reason, after heavy disk i/o the OpenIndiana desktop UI becomes laggy. A number of times the entire desktop ...
- 11:49 PM Bug #1064: image-update failure in file upgrade action
- 11:45 PM Bug #1064 (Closed): image-update failure in file upgrade action
- Testing yesterday's /dev-il update, I get this image-update failure:...
- 07:50 PM Bug #1024: Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- The gui installer *doesn't* have this issue, so for oi_151 I'm going to unify the logic between text and gui installe...
- 06:32 PM Feature #1061: update dbus
- First of all I made a mistake in the original post, it's --localstatedir=/var, not --with-localstatedir=/var.
- 03:01 PM Feature #1061: update dbus
- The development release after oi_151 will likely ship with at least 1.2.26 since it was updated in JDS b157.
- 02:09 PM Bug #1055: Root user password + GUI tools problem
- > Either password for root needs to not expire (unlikely), or we need to check for expiry and pop up a nice dialog as...
- 04:57 PM Feature #1061 (Closed): update dbus
- Please upate dbus to version 1.2.26. It will be needed by my port of HAL 0.5.14.
Downloading the source and confi...
- 04:52 PM Bug #1055: Root user password + GUI tools problem
- sudo works fine. pfexec is the problem
- 07:46 PM Bug #1024: Installation failing b/c disk space smaller than RAM
- Just got hit by this myself 48GiB RAM onto 37GB boot SSDs.
No work around for me, at the moment as can't remove st...
- 11:42 PM Feature #1058 (Resolved): A number of fonts is good to update
- 11:53 AM Bug #1040: Oi 148 text installer: ipadm (DHCP?) address object conflict creation
- I try to duplicate.
- 04:20 PM Bug #1055 (Closed): Root user password + GUI tools problem
- On a fresh install of OI, the root password is expired and requires changing before commands like sudo can be ran. Th...
- 05:49 AM Bug #1054 (Closed): dev-148b Gnome Invest Panel Applet Chart Failure
- Testing dev-148b I note Gnome's Invest applet fails to display
charts. Otherwise seems to work w.r.t. monitoring q...
- 05:47 AM Bug #1053 (Closed): dev-148b Gnome Workplace Switcher Glitch
- Testing 148b I note that mouse wheeling over gnome switcher does not change desktops. Until, I right click and go to...
- 01:12 PM Bug #1048 (Closed): getpass.getpass python function doesn't hide input
- The following code should print "Password: " on the command line, then get user text input without displaying it on ...
Also available in: Atom