From 2011-07-22 to 2011-08-20
- 01:09 PM Feature #286: Default ulmits should be upped
- apparently i'm not working at the bug
- 01:08 PM Bug #304: Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- needs someone who like to reproduce/debugg it.
ifconfig e1000g0 plumb
ifconfig e1000g0 dhcp
- 01:03 PM Bug #765 (Closed): Boot hang on amd64 Tyan S2912
- no feedback
- 01:02 PM Bug #1019 (Closed): nautilus regression with march update of oi_148 and cifs client
- no feedback
- 12:59 PM Bug #1034 (Closed): panic with b148 hment_remove() missing in hash table
- still not enogh information to get an quallified bug report from it.
- 12:55 PM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- Well, i found noone who want to work on that bug and i will also not for the moment. Needs someone who breake it down...
- 12:52 PM Bug #1099 (Closed): OI_151 Fails to boot via CD Supermicro X8DTU via remote console.
- no feedback
- 12:48 PM Bug #445: pkg fix reports errors in SUNWcs after reboot
- the files content will not change, however someone will need to fix it in illumos (modify the scripts that change the...
- 12:43 PM Bug #736: root crontab does not survive reboot
- i'm not going to working on that issue atm
- 06:06 AM Bug #1135: intel driver stops updating the screen sometimes
- I don't think compiz is to blame. I experienced the same problem when playing videos with mplayer2 using VDPAU but ru...
- 12:27 AM Bug #1394 (Rejected): VirtualBox 4.0.12 and 4.1.2 warning - could not load host USB proxy service
- i see no evidence that there is a bug in oi, you might just need to configure the vbox host properly
- 11:00 PM Bug #1394 (Rejected): VirtualBox 4.0.12 and 4.1.2 warning - could not load host USB proxy service
- When attempting to run a VirtualBox VM under VirtualBox 4.0.12 and 4.1.2 on my brothers computer, I am unable to acce...
- 10:08 PM Bug #496 (Closed): heraia's interface is partially localized correctly
- Closing since there was no response to feedback. Please open a new bug if you are still having issues.
- 05:50 PM Bug #1136 (Resolved): Nvidia Geforce 210 causes kernel panick
- 10:21 AM Bug #1386 (Resolved): missing pkg:/service/resource-cap in the text install
- In oi_148 text installation I get:...
- 01:00 AM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- The default oi_148b Nvidia 256.x 32-bit driver works fine with four virtual consoles being used on a HP DV laptop wit...
- 08:04 PM Bug #1136: Nvidia Geforce 210 causes kernel panick
- I just installed an Asus GeForce 210 Silent card, and the system appears to be perfectly stable. I'm running OI 151, ...
- 07:29 PM Feature #1374 (New): network/smb/server should not be in live image
- I don't think we really want either the NFS server or the SMB server in the "live" image.
I discovered that the SMB ...
- 05:59 AM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
I was able to get the freeze with 280.13 and 8GB RAM.
The odds that this looks like to be a local hardware probl...
- 01:29 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- Geoff - can you confirm a crash/hang issue with oi_151's Xserver with more than 4GB RAM using the Nvidia 280.13 driver?
- 09:32 AM Feature #1341: Upgrade cmake to the latest version
- Integrated in hg.openindiana.org/oi-build
- 01:57 AM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- All of my testing has been with the 275.21 nvidia driver.
nVidia GT430 1GB
- 09:41 PM Bug #1329: cant run / boot - openindiana from flash usb stick
- Yes. I can duplicate this. And I think this is the same symptom Ivan wrote.
- 11:54 AM Bug #1329: cant run / boot - openindiana from flash usb stick
- Probably related/duplicate of #1148. This serious Flash slowness appeared between b134 ( works fast ) and 148 ( slow ...
- 10:16 AM Feature #1341 (Feedback): Upgrade cmake to the latest version
- Makefile is ready and can be reviewed here: https://bitbucket.org/bcoddens/oi-build
It builds big projects like mysq...
- 06:37 PM Feature #1341 (Closed): Upgrade cmake to the latest version
- The current version in oi-build is cmake 2.6.2, the current version upstream is 2.8.5.
The version currently avail...
- 12:16 AM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- Given the similar symptoms, the root cause for some of these apparent freezes may not be in the driver, but actually ...
- 04:25 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- Reviewed from Bug 1268. Reviewing Nvidia 280.13 driver with oi_148b with Quadro 5000 graphics card.
The new driver...
- 08:02 PM Bug #1329 (Resolved): cant run / boot - openindiana from flash usb stick
- I initially tried to install the desktop version of OI on a 16G usb flash device which did not go well... the entire ...
- 10:10 PM Bug #1315 (Resolved): oi-build package-install fails on already installed packages
- Fixed in changeset:
- 10:07 PM Bug #1315 (Resolved): oi-build package-install fails on already installed packages
- If a component delivers two packages, and the first depends on the second, both get installed when the first is insta...
- 06:49 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- Sorry, I have some mistyped in my post.
> I have -some- *same* problem that playing Wow with wine 1.2.3,
- 03:28 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- This appears to be an issue on 64-bit machines as well as 32-bit. I responded to Bug #367, but perhaps this bug is mo...
- 09:33 PM Feature #1247 (Resolved): oi-build source archives need uploading to dlc
- This is pretty much done.
I sucked down the contents of:
- 04:53 PM Bug #1310 (In Progress): oi-build pkglint broken with pkg 0.166 on oi_151 due to linked images
- A workaround has been committed in changeset:
- 04:37 PM Bug #1310 (Closed): oi-build pkglint broken with pkg 0.166 on oi_151 due to linked images
- Unfortunately pkglint from pkg 0.166 is broken when used on non-linked images:...
- 04:52 PM Bug #1309 (Resolved): oi-build consolidation is still set to userland
- Fixed in changeset:
- 04:05 PM Bug #1309 (Resolved): oi-build consolidation is still set to userland
- In the make-rules/shared-macros.mk file we have:
CONSOLIDATION = userland
PUBLISHER ?= $(CONSOLIDATION)
- 04:52 PM Bug #1308 (Resolved): oi-build allows multiple publish invocations
- Fixed in changeset:
- 04:03 PM Bug #1308 (Resolved): oi-build allows multiple publish invocations
- In oi-build, in make-rules/ips.mk there is the following line:
$(MANIFEST_BASE)-%.mogrified: %.p5m $(BUILD_DIR) c...
- 04:51 PM Feature #1307 (Resolved): oi-build needs package-install target
- Fixed in changeset:
This adds a new macro, "package-install...
- 01:26 PM Feature #1307 (Resolved): oi-build needs package-install target
- To assist with the Jenkins continuous integration effort, we should add a package-install target which installs the n...
- 11:17 PM Bug #1306 (Resolved): redistributable in /dev-il broken
- Required fix isn't too hard, simply remove:
depend fmri=shell/ksh88 type=require
- 08:56 PM Bug #367: X hangs when using nvidia drivers
- X is still hanging for me with Nvidia driver version 275.21, although intermittently during a window open/close/minim...
- 04:30 AM Bug #1078: illumos-gate build issues on oi_151
- You can confirm if this problem is still there by:...
- 12:09 AM Bug #1078: illumos-gate build issues on oi_151
- I'm still seeing check_rtime noise. Is this fully resolved?
- 09:01 PM Feature #1297 (Resolved): Need support for multiple pythons, distinction between python used for build and python used from build
- This is analogous to issue 1296 but applicable to python. Currently we're assuming that there is a [single] python to...
- 08:48 PM Bug #745: subshell redirections which read stdin become unstoppable, interrupts hit the wrong process
- Julian and I both see this happen with bash, but not with ksh, even if /usr/bin/cat is used instead of the shell buil...
- 03:20 PM Bug #1293 (Closed): oi-build's top
- 03:19 PM Bug #1293 (Closed): oi-build's top
- 01:45 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- The driver in /dev-il has been updated to 275.21.
Would be good to get testing and feedback as to which, if any, i...
- 01:39 PM Bug #1078 (Resolved): illumos-gate build issues on oi_151
- The correct SFW is in the integration dock, the fixed nspr is in the repo and available on infra for pulling into the...
- 05:48 AM Bug #563 (Feedback): OI_147 fails to boot on a RX300 S2
- My issue is different as is both occurs in oi_147 and oi_148.
- 11:34 PM Bug #717 (Closed): Hangs up during boot and warning oi_148
- you'll need more ram to run OI, <1GB is not supported, the warning is not related.
- 11:31 PM Bug #682 (Closed): OpenIndiana b148
- sorry, we can't help here, since we don't have a deterministic behaviour or way to reproduce it. you might have bette...
- 11:22 PM Bug #445: pkg fix reports errors in SUNWcs after reboot
- pkg fix is dangerous here, what it will do is very unpleasant
it will replace your root crontab by a default cron...
- 11:06 PM Bug #253 (Closed): popup mount volume warning
- as it is not reproducable in 148 and original reporter didn't respond
- 11:00 PM Bug #563 (Closed): OI_147 fails to boot on a RX300 S2
- see gordons link, fixed 5 monts ago
- 10:48 PM Feature #829 (Rejected): Support installing OpenIndiana into a hierarchy of datasets
- Changing the way we handle boot environments are currently out of scope for us, since we would possible need to modif...
- 10:39 PM Bug #835 (Closed): "login:" prompt after selecting your keyboard and language and no desktop appears after several seconds
- i close it as we didn't got a qualified bug description or feedback
- 10:32 PM Feature #1035 (Closed): IPv6 Features
- not clear what features are missing, no feedback, maybe r a needs just to have a look at ndpd.conf(4)
- 04:16 PM Feature #1249: dbus and avahi-bridge-dsd in non global zone
- Neither of these files are part of packages that are within illumos-gate. I am moving to OpenIndiana.
- 12:30 PM Bug #1268 (Closed): NVIDIA package missing headers
- Nvidia packages was modified to include header files from driver version 256.53. Package was also updated to use curr...
- 09:45 AM Bug #1203 (Resolved): /usr/sbin/psrinfo broken in oi151
- 09:02 AM Bug #1203: /usr/sbin/psrinfo broken in oi151
I've updated to system/library 0.5.11,5.11-0.151:20110724T021930Z and psrinfo and friends now work as expected...
- 07:37 PM Bug #1203 (Feedback): /usr/sbin/psrinfo broken in oi151
- Andrzej has built the latest illumos which includes a fix:
- 07:33 PM Bug #547 (Resolved): Installer doesn't set opensolaris.org publisher non-sticky
- Trisk will sort out the 151 ISO as per:
- 07:32 PM Bug #1134: distro-constructor hacks for 148 need to be merged where appropriate
- Need to also set opensolaris.org non-sticky as part of this.
- 05:54 PM Bug #1276 (Resolved): userland expects manifests to contain opensolaris.arc_url
- 05:43 PM Bug #1276 (Resolved): userland expects manifests to contain opensolaris.arc_url
- 05:54 PM Bug #1277 (Resolved): ignore the repo dir
- 05:50 PM Bug #1277: ignore the repo dir
- also, ignore other generated files
- 05:49 PM Bug #1277 (Resolved): ignore the repo dir
- oi-build does not ignore the generated directories (created by gmake setup)
- 08:34 PM Bug #1272: Postgres package broken in /dev-il
- Assigning to "OI SFW"
- 10:27 AM Bug #1272 (Resolved): Postgres package broken in /dev-il
- When attempting to install everything, Postgres breaks the install phase due to the missing postgres user:
$ cat /...
- 06:20 PM Bug #1266 (Resolved): check-environment.sh should check for pkg5 build num of 1.1
- Fixed in changeset: http://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/rev/227483dca0b3
- 06:19 PM Feature #1267 (Resolved): check-environment.sh should check for perl-512
- Fixed in changeset: http://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/rev/278954ef396d
- 10:22 AM Bug #1271: Attempting to install everything throws up interesting errors
- 1 package delivers 'dir group=bin mode=0755 owner=root path=var/lib':
- 09:27 AM Bug #1271 (Closed): Attempting to install everything throws up interesting errors
- This needs more investigation and probably separate issues per issue, but I'm filing this now so information is kept ...
- 09:27 PM Bug #1268 (Closed): NVIDIA package missing headers
- The new stable driver/graphics/nvidia package being delivered in /dev-il is missing the headers which then breaks SFW...
- 09:01 PM Bug #496 (Feedback): heraia's interface is partially localized correctly
- Olivier Delhomme, I see this issue has not been updated for 7 months. Is the issue you reported still a problem? To...
- 08:53 PM Feature #1267 (Resolved): check-environment.sh should check for perl-512
- Now that perl-512 has been committed to /experimental, we can check for it.
- 08:53 PM Bug #686: lighttpd and mod_magnet linking
- Assigning to "OI SFW" since this had not yet been assigned.
- 08:45 PM Bug #328: Perl problem - 32bit librarys were 64bit libraries are expected
- Assigning this to "OI SFW", since it had not yet been assigned.
- 08:30 PM Bug #1266 (Resolved): check-environment.sh should check for pkg5 build num of 1.1
- The /experimental repo now ships packages with a build num of 1.1.
A recent pkg5 is needed. So the check-environme...
- 02:57 PM Feature #1264 (Closed): give oi-build a notion of build mode (e.g. experimental, build)
- Some build behaviour should be more or less relaxed depending on whether the build mode is set to experimental, build...
- 02:02 PM Feature #1245 (Resolved): oi-build needs check-environment target
- 12:13 PM Feature #1246: oi-build needs updated make-rules/shared-macros.mk
- Housekeeping - set BUILD_TOOLS to /opt
- 11:36 AM Bug #724: rrdtool doesnt work with perl
- Perl, Python, and Ruby bindings are intentionally disabled because they fail to build.
- 10:10 AM Feature #1261 (Resolved): Provide automation for build dependency validation
- Initial dependency metadata will be approximate, so we need a harness for validating the accuracy of dependency data ...
- 10:04 AM Feature #1260 (Resolved): oi-build Makefile infrastructure support for dependencies
- The initial deliverable here is to have the Makefile infrastructure automatically provide for pulling in dependency p...
- 09:54 AM Feature #1259 (Resolved): populate basic build dependency data into oi-build
- As part of providing build dependency management, a basic list of build dependencies needs to be populated in at the ...
- 11:30 PM Feature #1245 (In Progress): oi-build needs check-environment target
- 09:36 PM Feature #1245 (Resolved): oi-build needs check-environment target
- The oi-build framework needs a "check-environment" top level target which will sanity check the build host.
- 11:08 PM Feature #1255 (Resolved): pkg.oi.o/experimental repo required for oi-build
- We need an /experimental repo for oi-build.
This will need to be a fork of oi_151, so we can either wait for oi_15...
- 11:00 PM Feature #1254 (Closed): oi-build needs the Adobe Flash plugin for Firefox
- A person with the nickname of oninoshiko requested a redistribution license for Adobe Flash on behalf of the OpenIndi...
- 10:45 PM Bug #1250 (Rejected): oi-build needs libc++ from llvm
- Created #1251 which is a feature, not a bug.
- 10:32 PM Bug #1250 (Rejected): oi-build needs libc++ from llvm
- Discussions have highlighted that the locales support in libstdc++ on Solaris is lacking.
As such we would like to...
- 10:37 PM Feature #1246 (Resolved): oi-build needs updated make-rules/shared-macros.mk
- Fixed in: http://hg.openindiana.org/oi-build/rev/dae315b57438
- 09:48 PM Feature #1246 (Resolved): oi-build needs updated make-rules/shared-macros.mk
- The oi-build framework needs some Oracle-specific variables updated to be oi-specific.
These live in make-rules/sh...
- 10:31 PM Feature #1249 (New): dbus and avahi-bridge-dsd in non global zone
- Dbus and avahi-bridge-dsd services complain about running in non global zone.
I'm not sure about these checks, but...
- 09:58 PM Feature #1247 (Resolved): oi-build source archives need uploading to dlc
- Someone with access to infra01.uk/dlc.uk.openindiana.org needs to create:
- 06:37 PM Bug #1218: gnome's yelp does not show oi specific man pages
- I can reproduce this on openindiana 148 and 151. There are two separate issues with yelp displaying the man page for...
- 06:06 PM Feature #1244 (Closed): netatalk package
- Would be nice to have netatalk packages in the OpenIndiana repository.
- 11:21 AM Bug #716 (Closed): Not enabled "Next" buttons in window on oi_148 installation from LiveDVD
- I'm closing this, since the next button is not actually disabled, and it's color is consistent with the color scheme ...
Also available in: Atom