From 2011-08-01 to 2011-08-30
- 03:20 PM Bug #1424: Upgrading from 2010.05 (134b) fails
- The directions in the wiki say that the publisher "opensolaris.org" needs to be set to non-sticky. Both of my systems...
- 02:20 AM Bug #1135 (New): intel driver stops updating the screen sometimes
- 04:34 PM Bug #1425 (Closed): kcf: [ID 415456 kern.warning] WARNING: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random. Use cryptoadm(1M) to enable a provider.
- Closing since this is a duplicate of #995 in Illumos.
- 02:58 PM Bug #1425 (Feedback): kcf: [ID 415456 kern.warning] WARNING: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random. Use cryptoadm(1M) to enable a provider.
- sorry, duplicate of 995 in illumos
- 02:56 PM Bug #1425 (Closed): kcf: [ID 415456 kern.warning] WARNING: No randomness provider enabled for /dev/random. Use cryptoadm(1M) to enable a provider.
- Just tried upgrading an Acer X3200 from 148b to 151...
Noticed the warning in subjet line when booting, and found ...
- 12:08 PM Bug #1424: Upgrading from 2010.05 (134b) fails
- Piotr Jasiukajtis wrote:
> Please provide your output from 'pkg publisher' and upload file with 'pkg list'.
- 08:50 AM Bug #1424: Upgrading from 2010.05 (134b) fails
- Please provide your output from 'pkg publisher' and upload file with 'pkg list'.
- 06:57 AM Bug #1424 (Resolved): Upgrading from 2010.05 (134b) fails
- Sorry for a duplicate post. I found out that "OI Community Hub/Branding" wasn't the right place to report issues, and...
- 06:06 AM Bug #1423: ata_id_common: BUSY status 0xfe error 0x0
- Well it appears "seems" was short lived, as this morning I get the message.. only once this time.
Apparently the t...
- There isn't a package for gnome's Seed. Both the "lightsoff" and "swell-foop" games in gnome-games depend on that. ...
- 09:02 PM Bug #1135: intel driver stops updating the screen sometimes
- I have trouble with screen freezing since OpenSolaris snv_132 onwards (latest was snv_131 to work without freezing an...
- 03:55 PM Bug #1423 (Closed): ata_id_common: BUSY status 0xfe error 0x0
- frequently upon reboot I noticed this error since installing oi_151, although I noticed it on nexenta 3.1 as well:
- 09:10 AM Bug #522: text installer - references to the missing zones
- I have this as well after a text install OI_148 then image update to oi_151.
- 08:33 AM Bug #1421 (Closed): driver utility seems fooled by O2 Micro Integrated MS/xD Controller
- I check with the driver utility to see if all the found devices have a driver loaded.
For a O2 Micro, Inc Integrat...
- Not that I'm a games nut, but sometimes mahjongg and same help me blow some time.
After installing oi_151 (first ins...
- 12:54 AM Bug #1398: oi_151, gFTP does not display file names on remote server
- I did a full image update to the dev-il repo and retested, but the problem still happens in gftp.
- 12:08 PM Bug #1398 (Feedback): oi_151, gFTP does not display file names on remote server
- Chris/Fred - Can you do a full image update to the dev-il repo and then retest to see if this is fixed for you?
- 12:11 AM Feature #488: VLC player
- This is now in oi-sfe:
- 10:51 PM Bug #1135 (Feedback): intel driver stops updating the screen sometimes
- Aszesno updated Nvidia driver to 280.13 and mentioned same problem was fixed. Need user's feedback for verification.
- 09:34 PM Bug #1225 (Feedback): Dragging glxgears window from monitor to monitor in TwinView causes X server lock-up
- Do a full image update to current dev-il which will resolve the issue with the Nvidia 275.21 or 280.13 driver.
- 09:31 PM Bug #1400 (Feedback): oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver does not correctly recognizes the second display
- Hernán - I can confirm a HP DV (Geforce 7600) laptop dual-display setup works fine with 280.13 driver. Recheck your s...
- 09:23 PM Bug #367: X hangs when using nvidia drivers
- Ian - Update to current oi/dev-il pkg image update. See bugs 1127, & 1135.
- 07:26 PM Bug #388 (Feedback): problem with CUPS generating 10GB /var/adm/messages file
- 07:25 PM Bug #448 (Feedback): Menu: [System][Pref][Print] error: "desktop-print-management-prefs is not available from cups print service"
- 07:21 PM Bug #446 (Feedback): pkg fix reports errors in cups after reboot
- In running -> pfexec pkg fix cups
Verifying: pkg://openindiana.org/print/cups ERROR
- 07:10 PM Bug #240 (Feedback): CUPS hpcac filter missing from hplip
- 07:07 PM Feature #1173 (Feedback): Update to recent Illumos_gate tip for oi_151 respin
- The kernel was recently updated in the dev-il repo. You can close this ticket.
- 04:17 PM Feature #1410 (Closed): package zilstat
- 06:43 PM Bug #1404 (In Progress): Can't boot Openindiana b151 paravirtual guest on xen/xvm when using boot_archive from fresh install
- This requires an OI illumos build for #1380 (and possibly a separate patch or backport depending on when #1380 integr...
- 12:26 PM Feature #1341: Upgrade cmake to the latest version
- Bart - can we close this ticket?
- 11:51 PM Bug #1398: oi_151, gFTP does not display file names on remote server
- I can reproduce this on oi_151 with gftp or gftp-text version 2.0.19 by ftping into ftp.freebsd.org. gftp works fine...
- 10:58 AM Bug #1404 (Closed): Can't boot Openindiana b151 paravirtual guest on xen/xvm when using boot_archive from fresh install
- When using boot_archive from livecd (text here, as a pv guest needs not really a gui), it works so far (some trouble ...
- 11:03 PM Feature #1254: oi-build needs the Adobe Flash plugin for Firefox
- oninoshiko requested a license from Adobe for flash a while ago:
21:10 < oninoshiko> you have to get a redistrobut...
- 05:50 PM Bug #1400 (Resolved): oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver does not correctly recognizes the second display
After image-updating today (08/22/2011) the nVidia driverdoes not recognizes my second display. It is correctly ...
- 05:45 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- The nVidia driver, after the image-update, is no longer freezing.
- 01:59 PM Bug #1399 (Resolved): oi_151, wireless signals not detected on laptop
- Wireless signals are not detected on a Sony Vaio laptop equipped with an Atheros (AR5001) wireless network adapter wh...
- 01:20 PM Bug #1398 (Closed): oi_151, gFTP does not display file names on remote server
- The FTP program, gFTP does not display the file names on remote servers with oi_151. At first I thought it might be m...
- 02:21 AM Bug #1272: Postgres package broken in /dev-il
- Workaround: use Postgres from oi-sfe
- 01:09 PM Feature #286: Default ulmits should be upped
- apparently i'm not working at the bug
- 01:08 PM Bug #304: Networking problems with oi_147 under VMware Workstation
- needs someone who like to reproduce/debugg it.
ifconfig e1000g0 plumb
ifconfig e1000g0 dhcp
- 01:03 PM Bug #765 (Closed): Boot hang on amd64 Tyan S2912
- no feedback
- 01:02 PM Bug #1019 (Closed): nautilus regression with march update of oi_148 and cifs client
- no feedback
- 12:59 PM Bug #1034 (Closed): panic with b148 hment_remove() missing in hash table
- still not enogh information to get an quallified bug report from it.
- 12:55 PM Bug #1025: GRUB loading failure
- Well, i found noone who want to work on that bug and i will also not for the moment. Needs someone who breake it down...
- 12:52 PM Bug #1099 (Closed): OI_151 Fails to boot via CD Supermicro X8DTU via remote console.
- no feedback
- 12:48 PM Bug #445: pkg fix reports errors in SUNWcs after reboot
- the files content will not change, however someone will need to fix it in illumos (modify the scripts that change the...
- 12:43 PM Bug #736: root crontab does not survive reboot
- i'm not going to working on that issue atm
- 06:06 AM Bug #1135: intel driver stops updating the screen sometimes
- I don't think compiz is to blame. I experienced the same problem when playing videos with mplayer2 using VDPAU but ru...
- 12:27 AM Bug #1394 (Rejected): VirtualBox 4.0.12 and 4.1.2 warning - could not load host USB proxy service
- i see no evidence that there is a bug in oi, you might just need to configure the vbox host properly
- 11:00 PM Bug #1394 (Rejected): VirtualBox 4.0.12 and 4.1.2 warning - could not load host USB proxy service
- When attempting to run a VirtualBox VM under VirtualBox 4.0.12 and 4.1.2 on my brothers computer, I am unable to acce...
- 10:08 PM Bug #496 (Closed): heraia's interface is partially localized correctly
- Closing since there was no response to feedback. Please open a new bug if you are still having issues.
- 05:50 PM Bug #1136 (Resolved): Nvidia Geforce 210 causes kernel panick
- 10:21 AM Bug #1386 (Resolved): missing pkg:/service/resource-cap in the text install
- In oi_148 text installation I get:...
- 01:00 AM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- The default oi_148b Nvidia 256.x 32-bit driver works fine with four virtual consoles being used on a HP DV laptop wit...
- 08:04 PM Bug #1136: Nvidia Geforce 210 causes kernel panick
- I just installed an Asus GeForce 210 Silent card, and the system appears to be perfectly stable. I'm running OI 151, ...
- 07:29 PM Feature #1374 (New): network/smb/server should not be in live image
- I don't think we really want either the NFS server or the SMB server in the "live" image.
I discovered that the SMB ...
- 05:59 AM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
I was able to get the freeze with 280.13 and 8GB RAM.
The odds that this looks like to be a local hardware probl...
- 01:29 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- Geoff - can you confirm a crash/hang issue with oi_151's Xserver with more than 4GB RAM using the Nvidia 280.13 driver?
- 09:32 AM Feature #1341: Upgrade cmake to the latest version
- Integrated in hg.openindiana.org/oi-build
- 01:57 AM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- All of my testing has been with the 275.21 nvidia driver.
nVidia GT430 1GB
- 09:41 PM Bug #1329: cant run / boot - openindiana from flash usb stick
- Yes. I can duplicate this. And I think this is the same symptom Ivan wrote.
- 11:54 AM Bug #1329: cant run / boot - openindiana from flash usb stick
- Probably related/duplicate of #1148. This serious Flash slowness appeared between b134 ( works fast ) and 148 ( slow ...
- 10:16 AM Feature #1341 (Feedback): Upgrade cmake to the latest version
- Makefile is ready and can be reviewed here: https://bitbucket.org/bcoddens/oi-build
It builds big projects like mysq...
- 06:37 PM Feature #1341 (Closed): Upgrade cmake to the latest version
- The current version in oi-build is cmake 2.6.2, the current version upstream is 2.8.5.
The version currently avail...
- 12:16 AM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- Given the similar symptoms, the root cause for some of these apparent freezes may not be in the driver, but actually ...
- 04:25 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- Reviewed from Bug 1268. Reviewing Nvidia 280.13 driver with oi_148b with Quadro 5000 graphics card.
The new driver...
- 08:02 PM Bug #1329 (Resolved): cant run / boot - openindiana from flash usb stick
- I initially tried to install the desktop version of OI on a 16G usb flash device which did not go well... the entire ...
- 10:10 PM Bug #1315 (Resolved): oi-build package-install fails on already installed packages
- Fixed in changeset:
- 10:07 PM Bug #1315 (Resolved): oi-build package-install fails on already installed packages
- If a component delivers two packages, and the first depends on the second, both get installed when the first is insta...
- 06:49 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- Sorry, I have some mistyped in my post.
> I have -some- *same* problem that playing Wow with wine 1.2.3,
- 03:28 PM Bug #1161: oi_151 32 bits nVidia driver freezes the machine
- This appears to be an issue on 64-bit machines as well as 32-bit. I responded to Bug #367, but perhaps this bug is mo...
Also available in: Atom