From 2012-02-14 to 2012-03-14
- 03:31 PM Bug #1179: ZFS time-slider and auto-snapshots not working due to missing zfssnap-roleadd SMF service
- It clearly doesn't work on a fresh 151a install here
- 12:11 PM Bug #2168 (Closed): samba 3.5.5 major winbind bug
- A fixed package is available: firstname.lastname@example.org,5.11-1.1:20111010T030218Z in oi-experimental. The work in t...
- 11:27 AM Bug #1441 (Rejected): cpqary3 driver is old and causes panic in oi_151
- Rejected, due to "won't fix" status due to HP licensing restrictions.
- 01:18 PM Bug #2347 (Closed): file-roller borks on networks archives
- I could swear this used to work fine...
I have different type of archives (zip, gz, bz2, 7z) on network file systems...
- 07:06 AM Bug #2274 (Feedback): Click after shutdown
- Do you mean you hear "beep" during reboot?
Do you have the lastest BIOS version applied on your laptop?
- 02:24 PM Bug #2274 (Closed): Click after shutdown
- After rebooting my laptop (HP Compaq CQ56) heard a "click", the same as
after the emergency shutdown of a button (bu...
- 02:26 PM Bug #2271 (New): CIFS clients fail to authenticate when idmap is using IDMU
- I joined my OI box to AD successfully
root@staypuft:~# smbadm list
- 07:56 PM Bug #2168 (In Progress): samba 3.5.5 major winbind bug
- Updating samba to 3.5.12 resolves this ticket.
- 07:42 PM Bug #415 (Closed): pkg:/email@example.com broken
- Closed per user's review.
- 06:39 PM Feature #1721: libfuse and ntfs-3g can be part of OpenIndiana, available at install, rather than installed from sfe repo
- Yes please have NTFS-3g in OI.
That's pretty much the only reason I prefer Ubuntu vs OI now.
- 08:35 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- That is not list of supported HW but overview of all known HW in one public cross-platform data file. I am sorry it h...
- 12:40 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Hi, I recently found out BCM4313 was listed in upstream from Oracle:
- 07:45 PM Bug #2232: No kclient
- Sorry, feel free to close. I found the right package.
- 06:01 PM Bug #2232 (Rejected): No kclient
- kclient should be installed, but I can't find it...
# pkg search kclient
INDEX ACTION VALUE PACKA...
- 07:29 PM Feature #2230 (Resolved): pkgbuild 1.3.104
- New pkgbuild released with many fixes.
- 11:53 AM Bug #372 (Feedback): console-kit-daemon errors during boot
- I'm getting the following trying to VNC into a oi_151a2 server :
(first the last part of booting up after upgrading ...
- 10:27 PM Bug #2225: No documentation or default instance for nis/client or nis/server
- No, I'm just an idiot, it configures a default instance and I hadn't rebooted into the new BE.
That said, I still ...
- 10:18 PM Bug #2225 (Closed): No documentation or default instance for nis/client or nis/server
- In oi_151a (and presumably oi_148, 151a2, etc), you can install system/network/nis, but it does nothing to configure ...
- 09:22 PM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- My system was in this state again when I came in to work this morning. I can confirm that (according to "intrstat 1"...
- 06:40 PM Bug #1975: in.named.1m not found
- Since my patch was not integrated yet I've created a new patch for illumos-userland
- 09:25 PM Bug #1625: Xorg hang (100% CPU), nvidia-related
- A couple of new pieces of information:
(1) I've been repeatedly failing to get a good crash dump. Turns out this ...
- 04:19 AM Feature #1410 (Closed): package zilstat
- Illumos folk believe that the illumos-gate is a better place for it since it relies on unstable "interfaces".
- 05:35 AM Bug #2189 (Closed): oi_151a: I/O errors with mr_sas driver
- On a DELL R710 with one H700 and two H800 RAID controllers we see
zpool errors when reading several TB during a zfs ...
- 01:37 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- pci bus 0x0002 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x14e4 device 0x4727
Broadcom Corporation Device unknown
It is ...
- 12:47 PM Bug #2161: rebuild illumos-gate for OI after openssl upgrades
- Does this affect 0.9.8 bumps as well or just bumps to v1 with the corresponding changes in lib numbers? I was planni...
- 09:35 AM Bug #445: pkg fix reports errors in SUNWcs after reboot
- mkdtab has to be replaced with SMF service and not done as it is now.
- 03:33 PM Bug #2138 (Rejected): OpenIndiana prestable 151a2 reports 151a1 in uname -v
- Yes, this isn't a bug. You should keep your zones in line with the global zone or unexpected things may happen (that...
- 11:17 AM Bug #2174 (Resolved): pkg:/database/postgres-84/library should depend on pkg:/firstname.lastname@example.org
- "pkg install database/postgres-84/library" delivers you a lot of links, but some of them target nonexistent files, be...
- 09:25 AM Bug #2168: samba 3.5.5 major winbind bug
- See https://www.illumos.org/issues/2172 for possible resolution.
- 02:51 PM Bug #2156: Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Hi Milan, here it is:
pci bus 0x0000 cardnum 0x00 function 0x00: vendor 0x8086 device 0x...
- 02:35 PM Bug #2168 (Closed): samba 3.5.5 major winbind bug
- When requesting lookups for BUILTIN sids, winbindd allocates new uids/gids in error.
- 10:51 PM Bug #2166 (Closed): problem with multiple pkg install in a script
- After running the napp-it wget installerscript, all installed packages are running.
(the script installs napp-it (ju...
- 10:09 PM Bug #2161 (Closed): rebuild illumos-gate for OI after openssl upgrades
- Components in illumos-gate depend on libcrypto in userland. If openssl is upgraded, illumos-gate needs to be rebuilt ...
- 07:28 PM Bug #2156 (Feedback): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Please, add output from:
- 09:41 PM Bug #2098: users created by 'useradd -m' can't use ssh keys
- If we want to be consistent:
mode_t cmask = umask(0);
(Second call is because umask(0) has ...
- 07:38 PM Bug #2098: users created by 'useradd -m' can't use ssh keys
- This is a bug in an OI modification
- 02:45 PM Bug #2156 (Closed): Wi-Fi doesn't work on Toshiba Satellite L645
- Hi, after installing OI-151a on my Toshiba Satellite L645, I found that the Wi-Fi device is not working.
- 07:44 PM Bug #2135: Problem with wireless WiFi: Realtek RTL8187B 802.11 b/g
- I am really sorry, but right now I can not run it, since I have formated my disk. But, as soon as I have a new OS ins...
- 06:54 PM Bug #2135: Problem with wireless WiFi: Realtek RTL8187B 802.11 b/g
- As urtw driver did not change between 148 and 151, it could be problem of NWAM only. Could you run as root this, plea...
- 04:34 PM Bug #2135: Problem with wireless WiFi: Realtek RTL8187B 802.11 b/g
- a) I do not have OI_148 anymore, so I can not test it.
b) In OI_147, OI_148, my WiFi card was immediately recogni...
- 08:03 PM Bug #2132 (Feedback): gnome-about does not work
- I cannot reproduce it on the latest OI dev build. Could you 'pkg verify' your system? Also what does
- 08:00 PM Bug #2135 (Feedback): Problem with wireless WiFi: Realtek RTL8187B 802.11 b/g
- If you see some WiFi networks why do you think the system is unable to recognize your WiFi card?
If you reboot to ...
- 05:16 PM Bug #2145 (Resolved): libsndfile needs newer version
- Currently OI delivers version 1.0.17 which is 5 years old and contains at least one known CVE classed security bug
- 03:33 PM Feature #2144 (Feedback): RSS feed for torrents
- In the interest of making it easier for those of us with fast connections to seed all releases, it would be useful to...
- 03:25 PM Feature #2143 (Closed): OI datasets for SmartOS/vmadm/dsadm
- It would be very valuable to have available OpenIndiana datasets that SmartOS's dsadm & vmadm tools can work with. No...
- 05:23 PM Bug #2138: OpenIndiana prestable 151a2 reports 151a1 in uname -v
- This is on a zone, though.... no BEs, of course.
No, my point was that zlogin on the zone reports:
- 05:10 PM Bug #2138: OpenIndiana prestable 151a2 reports 151a1 in uname -v
- ? not for me...
- 04:31 PM Bug #2138 (Rejected): OpenIndiana prestable 151a2 reports 151a1 in uname -v
- OpenIndiana prestable 151a2 reports 151a1 in uname -v
Noting that a zone installed on latest prestable is correctl...
- 04:43 PM Feature #1742 (Closed): Add tmux to oi-build
- Closing as duplicate.
- 04:31 PM Feature #1969: Forcing all DNS queries to use DNSSEC
- I also like DNSSEC, but this doesn't really answer the question of why this should be default behaviour. This doesn't...
- 04:12 PM Bug #2137 (New): Losing FC Initiator after rebooting initiator
We are implementing a storage server. We have installed Openindiana 151a with COMSTAR FC using "qlt" driver, Qlo...
- 03:58 PM Bug #2135 (Closed): Problem with wireless WiFi: Realtek RTL8187B 802.11 b/g
Upon upgrading from OI_148 to OI_151 my WiFi card ( Realtek RTL8187B 802.11 b/g) ceased to be recognized b...
- 12:11 PM Bug #2132 (Closed): gnome-about does not work
- 11:09 PM Bug #2128: network/physical in maintenance on virtual interface
- It turns out this is happening because I had
"allowed-address" defined in my net configuration of the zone.
- 09:02 PM Bug #2128 (New): network/physical in maintenance on virtual interface
- SunOS oi 5.11 oi_151a2 i86pc i386 i86pc
I have a crossbow virtual interface on the global zone called "oi0" assign...
- 10:25 AM Bug #2125 (New): image-update with a zpool containing a BE with same name
- Just got bit (again) with something that, if not a bug, should perhaps be mentioned in the release notes... perhaps t...
Also available in: Atom